Question for school project about atlas games. My first question is how do you get to be interested in your products.

My first question is how do you get to be interested in your products. How many products can you ship out in a day. How much do shipping cost for over sea shipping if you do ship out of country. How do you come up with the game name and the idea of the game. If i wanted to join or set up a smaller business that would like to join Atlas, what skills would i need to join or make a small business like yours. How much do it cost to keep a business like yours up and running.
(You don´t have to answer all my question but if you could i would like to have a call and if i can record it for my project)

Hi there!

How many products can you ship out in a day.
Depending on the day, it can be just a few or several hundred. If we're fullfilling a Kickstarter, for example, it can be several pallets of boxes going out on the same day!

How much do shipping cost for over sea shipping if you do ship out of country.
You can look at some of our past Kickstarters for the answer to this. Each of them has a table near the bottom of the page that lists sample shipping rates non-US destinations. https://atlas-games.com/kickstarter

How do you get to be interested in your products.
We work with freelance game designers most of the time. We often have an open submission on our website, at Atlas Games | Game Submissions, where they can send us their game proposals. But we actually have had better luck at Protospiel, the ION Awards, and at Gen Con at the Games on Demand event and the Publisher-Designer Speed Dating event.

How do you come up with the game name and the idea of the game.
Often the designer already has a theme and name for their game. We just have to check online to be sure it hasn't already been used for another game. Other times we change the theme and name during development of the game, if we think it would appeal to our customers better.

If i wanted to join or set up a smaller business that would like to join Atlas, what skills would i need to join or make a small business like yours.
For producing games and marketing them, you need excellent writing/editing skills, solid graphic design skills (Photoshop & InDesign), the ability to keep track of a LOT of tasks all at the same time, and be able to lead a team of creatives like artists and writers. On the business side, you need to have excellent math skills, be able to do bookkeeping and taxes, and be comfortable working with online sales outlets like Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, etc. You also have to be willing to pack a LOT of boxes!

How much do it cost to keep a business like yours up and running.
We're generally at about $2 million a year in revenue, but we have a lot of overhead that has to pay for. We have up to 10 employees, and pay rent on an office and a warehouse. Sometimes we break even, sometimes we have a little bit of profit. Game publishing usually doesn't make you rich, I'm afraid.

Good luck on your project!

3 Likes