Rekindling the Council; Winter 1230

"Consider it done, my new brother." The expression in Esteban's eyes is one of relief, and his smile seems sincere.

No way is Arachné going on something like this.
This seems like such a stupid way to die :unamused:

She'll take arcane connections to all the grogs that'll go, though, and cast intangible tunnels to all of them.
I will stay here while you go hunting. My stores have been depleted, and I have much crafting to do.

Agreed.

Arachné :unamused:
Men, she thinks. How can so many women be infatuated with these?
At least, with her longevity rituals being partially defective, she doesn't have to worry about this.

That would be nice, thanks, says Arachne, glad to see the newcomer can be something else that... Well, a lecherous pig.
The ennemy, whether the one that destroyed Andorra is or not the one that destroyed Insidiae, uses both magical and mundane force, so we'll need trained men, that know what they may face.

She thinks back. There must be some way for her to protect the mundanes from magical attaks, but how?

"I do have one matter to raise," Vulcanus says reluctantly. "There is a personal matter with which I require aid. Those of us who understand that at times, the laws must be... massaged so that justice can be done, I would speak about this matter after the formal meeting is adjourned."

The big man frowns as if in physical pain, and then is silent once more, awaiting the meeting's adjournment.

Inigo frowns...
[color=red]Eh? Whatever you have to say, fee free to say it openly. We are all sodales here.

Carmen interceeds
The man has an issue and is uncomfortable with the formality of a council. He wants to talk as friends, not business partners.
I can adjurn the meeting once I have a volunteer to put together a suggested amendment of by-laws. Whomever does it gets paid for the season.

Solomon sighs as he leans heavily on his staff, "By massaging laws, I hope you mean mundane laws, sodales. Otherwise one might question your...subtlety by so openly implying you plan to skirt the laws of the Order while at a formal council meeting with a quaesitor present."

"Of course I didn't mean Hermetic laws," Vulcanus replies, precisely as unconvincingly as one might expect of someone with -2 Com and 0 Guile. "The Mercere are sensitive about mundane laws, though, so I gave ample warning, that any sensitive to such things might absent themselves voluntarily." He glances at Fedora with a smile that shows too much teeth, then back at Solomon with a glance that says I totally meant you.

[color=blue]"I do believe I can handle that for you," Fédora says.

Fédora looks back for a moment, then rises. [color=blue]"If I may be excused, I really do need to start making arrangements to bring my son here. Good day to you all."

Then the meeting is adjourned. I have some work to do. Anyone interested in going with me to speak with the dragon, meet me in the yard at noon tomorrow.

Crap. I'm just wrapping up a long reply to Mark's by-law thread. :confused:

"I will assist you with your concerns if I can be of assistance," Guillaume replies to Vulcanus.

((Go right ahead...mine was more of a "if nobody else is going to..." kind of thing.))

(We should all work on it together, but in game it will be Fedora who spends the season putting ink to paper :wink: )

Esteban totally wants to stick around for the unofficial post-meeting discussion. :wink:

:smiley:
For the purpose of plot, I would like to have Guillme recieve a letter from Duresca just before the meeting. Like yesterday maybe? And, also for the purpose of this plot idea, he shared the information with Vulcanus in hopes he might know something of the character in question.

Ryu, run with it...
:slight_smile:

(...i think this was a ghost post. Re-posting)

After the Quaesitor leaves...

Vulcanus stands and closes the door. He clears his throat, then licks his lips, opens his mouth, and shuts it again. He frowns, then reaches for a scroll case at his belt. From it, he withdraws a rolled parchment, that he tosses onto the table.

Anselm,

I am sorry I have not written sooner. I have had a difficult pregnancy. Just last week I gave birth to a beautiful boy, Martin. He has his father's eyes and Caduceus swears he will want for nothing.

I regret how we left things between us, and truthfully I would have preferred not to speak to you again. I will never mean to you what you did to me, and the only way I can deal with that is by not seeing you and never thinking about you. All the same, something has happened here that I cannot remain silent about; it is too important. Your parens' talisman... Gudrun did not keep it. She has given it to her filius, and... I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Caduceus has stripped the item of its vis. It is no longer the masterpiece it once was; it is now just a very fine, completely mundane bow.

I'm so sorry[strike], my love[/strike]. I wish there was something I could do. I just don't want you to be shocked or surprised if you see him with it, what with your temper.

I hope that you are well, and that Spain suits you. I am unlikely to write again.

--Gemma

Vulcanus' eyes harden as others read the letter. "Not even with him two seasons before she starts making children with that filth," he growls.

Guillme recognizes the name Caduceus. It was one of five possibilities for the identity of the sigil from the twilight wand. Guillme recieved the list of suspects from Duresca yesterday or the day before or something :slight_smile:

((Quaesitor or Mercere?))

Wow, Vibria thinks as she reads the letter, what a...

[color=red]"I'm sorry," she says after Vulcanus's statement.

(Umm, the quaesitor wasn't planning on leaving...)

"Ahh, well I can understand that then. I'll stay around then as I have a fair amount of knowledge with mundane laws and might be able to help you navigate them then."

(It's probably rather obvious that he absolutely knows your intention was for him to leave which is exactly why he isn't)

In that case, Vulcanus will instead invite others to his personal quarters and reveal the letter there. "It is a House matter, really," he tells Solomon firmly.