Relevant characteristics for Chirurgy and Medicine

Hi,

Are there any relevant characteristics for using chirurgy or medicine?

Apparently the ability scores alone form the basis for recovery rolls. Is that correct? A non-magical healer would therefore not have preferences based on his profession...

Of course there is more than recovery rolls, e.g.. Int+Medicine to figure out an illness.

Thanks
Jan

I would use dex + quirurgy to bind wounds under stress, but just my personal feeling here.

Yes, A&A page 61 uses Dex+Chirurgy for first aid - patching up injuries in the field. For palliative, ongoing care there is no roll hence no characteristic used. Just the ability score added to recovery.

And I'd use Int+Medicine to diagnose a disease or perform medicinal treatment

I'd use Per+Medicine to come up with the right diagnosis: Perception is not just about sensing, but about making sense of what you sense too. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does. I was thinking the same.

In order to complete that list with the remaining characteristics, you could use :
-Com + Chirurgy if you give orders to other characters during a hard and complex operation where two or three doctors are required
-Ene + Medicine in order to counter a mental illness / healing a contagious illness without being contaminated
-For + Medicine when correcting twisted articulations, For + Chirurgy when maintening tourniquet when someone else look for a better doctor...
-Pre + Medicine for commanding a pack of nurses in an Hospitaller clinic
-Qck + Medicine / Chirurgy for urging situations : character with heartstroke, horrendous bleeding, carotid artery cut, killing poison suffered in the same round...