removing the heart.

Hi all,
I did a search and couldn't find anything similar.

Has anyone figured out a way to remove the heart and keep the subject alive? Hermetic rather than fae or infernal by preference.
I had an idea for my necromancer (the one trying for living corpse/lichdom) involving granting Death Prophecy, ala Koschei the Deathless. Also, a cool ability to use to aid your grogs...

Any ideas?

I thought Marcus of Criamon (Magi of Hermes, p. 79ff) might have something, but it doesn't look that way.

Persuing that path though, you might want to look at some of the stuff for the Path of the Circe (Sub Rosa issue 2)

Non hermetic, but check External Soul (HM, gruagachan)

Wasn't this being done somewhere? Try Hermetic Projects. I think the guy who is trying to create chimera has a spell that does something along this line.

Chris

Yeah, I'm basically going to have to go buy a copy of HP. apparently all the cool ideas for necromancers have ended up in one chapter, and the terram mage with waaaay too much vis chapter is cool too.

I'd expect this to be possible with a Rego Corpus [Aquam requisite?] spell.
Keep the blood flowing magically, as though the heart were still there.

It's basically a more extreme version of Endurance of the Berserkers.

Of course, when the effect wears off they're dead, unless you replace the heart by then and heal them.

While Hermetic Projects has a few useful things for necromancy, its main focus is on how to bind a ghost to a corpse resulting in an animate, intelligent corporeal being - done entirely using standard Hermetic magic (as is every project in the book). There are some useful sidebars, such as a stat block for a CrCo summoned corpse, but from my read of it and the original question, it isn't quite what you're looking for.

Marcus of Criamon in Magi of Hermes does interesting things with body parts; while again no 'remove heart' stuff happening, there's enough there to draw a conclusion by inference.

As mentioned, though, the big problem will be when the spell wears off or the item with sun/x2/environmental finds itself dispelled. Walking into someone else's Aegis would not be pretty.

A more robust approach would be initiating External Soul - not a Hermetic approach, but definitely a good project to sink your teeth into if the saga has the length to support such a project.