Release of Out for Blood has inspired me to make a revamp of a much-cherished character type that I made sometime ago. It is a through rebuilding of the Ghost character type ("undead" hybrid user of Creature Powers and Sorcery) to make it more purely action-adventure oriented and less seduction oriented and to achieve a true balance between the two types of schticks (which also requires the character type to have decent proficiency in Martial Arts or a plausible substitute to use most Creature Powers schticks). Think more Brandon Lee in the Crow and less Joey Wong in Chinese Ghost Story. It may entirely replace or be used alongside the Ghost Archetype.
Without further ado...
The character type is developed according to the following archetype-building template:
• Attributes start: Bod 5, Chi 0, Mnd 5, Ref 5.
• You have 6 Primary attribute points and 6 Secondary attribute points to spend, but should leave at least 3 points for the player to choose for themselves. They can be traded for other things (see last point).
• You get 30 Skill points to add - cap for any of the main AV skills is 14 (and each must have at least one at 12+). If you have one at 14, you shouldn't really add any other main AV ones at higher than 11 and without a [Max] or = on them. As with attributes, leave some points over for the player to spend; between 4 and 8 is a good number. Skill points can be traded for other things, too (see last point).
• You get five schticks to give. You can pre-select up to three of them, or trade for other stuff (see last point).
• Default Wealth level is Working Stiff. Poor gives an extra schtick, Rich costs one.
• Special limitations (such as inability to be healed by standard means or to learn Sorcery) give an extra schtick.
• The formulas for moving stuff around are as follows:
• 1 Primary attribute = 1 Schtick = 5 Skill points.
• 1 Primary attribute = 3 Secondary attributes.
• 2 Secondary attributes = 3 Skill points.
“Death didn’t stop me once, it only made me stronger”.
In life, you were a staunch individualist or a self-driven person that was determined to make one's damned best to find happiness and make the world just and safe for anyone and anything you cared for. Maybe you were an honest cop in a corrupt department, an activist fighting corporate despoiling of the land, a vigilante striking at crime in your neighborhood, or a rebel fighting against an oppressive government. Anyway, your fervent strive for justice and happiness run afoul of the powers that be, and you were felled by treachery and superior force. Even death could not keep down your conviction and thirst for justice and revenge, or your determination to care for what you had left behind, so you refused to let go of earthly cares and find peace. Your soul roamed the Underworld, learning all kinds of things about supernatural powers and the secrets of magic, until you discovered how you could break the bonds of death and walk the Earth again. You rose, and discovered that in your zest to return, you had let the powers of the Underworld trick you: you are no more a human, but a frightening supernatural creature animated by magic, and your body wears the face of a stranger. However, never one to let stings of misfortune fell you for long, you discovered how to master the innate supernatural powers of your form and your instinctive proficiency for sorcery, and how to cloak your monstrous nature in the appearance of humanity. In time, you returned to fight for justice and freedom with redoubled power, but you discovered how deep and large corruption and oppression may run. Besides the ones that caused your death, criminals, tyrants, and monsters abuse the innocents in every land, and the discovery of the Secret War has revealed you that the good fight must be brought to every juncture as well.
Chi 0 [Mag = 8]
Divide 6 points among primary attributes, spending no more than 3 on any one attribute.
Creature Powers +5 (=13)
Detective +4 (9) [Max 12]
Martial Arts +8 (=13) (not formally trained)
Sorcery +5 (=13)
Add 5 skill bonuses. Change Detective to Intrusion if desired. Replace Martial Arts with the Feral Strength Schtick (may use Creature Powers AV to make Martial Arts Attacks except for Fu powers) and 3 extra skill bonuses if desired.
Junctures: 69, Netherworld
Transformation x2 (human; does not return to normal form by doing Creature Powers checks)
3 Creature Powers
2 Sorcery schticks
Junctures: 1850, 1996, 2056
2 Creature Powers
2 Sorcery schticks
No Place Like Home (x2): You never suffer a juncture penalty to your Sorcery or Creature Powers AV when in your home juncture.
Magical Healing: Revenants cannot be healed by characters using the Medicine skill, unless they learned the Medicine skill in the 69 juncture.
Wealth Level: poor.