Richards ex Mercere

This character didn't make it into another game, so I might use it here without my lack of cratrivity cretavity, cerativity stifling me. It is slightly modified from the original because of houserules in the other game. I'd play him as newly gauntleted, because a CrCo expert is trouble otherwise.

Characteristics: Str -2, Sta +2, Int +3, Per 0, Com 1, Pre 0, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size: 0
Decreptitude: 0
Warping: 0(0)
Confidence Score: 1(3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift; Hermetic Magus; Major Magical Focus (men); Affinity Creo, Affinity Corpus, Book Reader, Cyclic Magic Positive (winter and spring), Inventive Genius, *Puissant Creo, Puissant Corpus, Skilled Parens; Deficient Perdo; Ambitious (major): Live longer than any other magus; Harmless Magic, fragtile constitution, Magical Animal Companion (white wolf named Blanche), covenant upbringing, unimaginative learner
Combat: -
Soak: +2
Fatigue levels: ok, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Peanlties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), dead (21+)
Abilities:
Artes Liberales (natural philosophy) 1
Athletics (lifting) 1
Awareness (alertness) 1
Bargain (magi) 1
Brawl (dagger) 1
Charm (magi) 1
Chirurgy (binding wounds) 1
Code of Hermes (Redcap rights) 1
Concentration (spells) 1
French (Champagne) 5
Etiquette (magi) 1
Finesse (corpus) 1
Folk ken (covenfolk) 1
Guile (magic) 1
Latin (Hermetic) 4
Magic Lore (magic creatures) 1
Magic Theory (inventing spells) 3
Medicine (diseases) 1
Order of Hermes Lore (House Mercere) 1
Parma Magica (Mentem) 1
Penetration (Ignem) 1
Profession: Scribe (careful) 1
Swim (rivers) 1

Arts: Cr 12+3, In 0, Mu 0, Pe 0, Re 4, An 6, Aq 0, Au 0, Co 14+3, He 0, Ig 6, Im 6, Me 0, Te 0, Vi 0
Spells: Casting total as calculated is Te + Fo + Com
Leap of homecoming ReCo35/+25 with focus
Cheating the Reaper CrCo30/+34
Pilum of Fire CrIg20/+23
Doublet of Imp silk MuAn15/+8
Wizard’s sidestep ReIm10/+12 focus?
Aura of ennobled presence MuIm10/+8
Wizard’s leap ReCo15/+25
Disguise of the new visage MuCo15/+15

Twilight scars: none
Equipment: Wizardly robes with healing sysmbols
Encumbrance: 0
Sigil: hair

I'm Mildly concerned about niche protection.

This character and mine are very similar. I hard focused Creo more, and bought a Mentem book rather than a corpus one because we have a Corpus book at the covenant.

Okay. Character withdrawn.

Don't be. There is always bound to be some overlap, and you will have to live with that.

I do have another idea now. A Bjornaer. Pretty standard, uses sensory magic.

I see that is taken as well.

Hi! Maybe our concepts aren’t similar? To be honest, Sensory Magic is one of the Mysteries that the character has yet to Initiate in the current version, so if that’s your niche, it’s doubtful we would have the same sort of concentrations. For my part, I am not that concerned about treading on each other’s paws! I welcome a Bjornaer brother/sister!

I'll try a verditius. At least the creative juices are flowing again.

Glad you are coming up with ideas again!

To his point, you could have still done your Bjornare having an elder around with a 30 teaching quality would seriously speed your advancement. Canonically most covenants are of largely one house (presumably with different specialties but a common value system and overall goal).

I only mentioned it for the Mercere since my magical concept was Stat Boosting and Longevity Rituals all under a focus and yours was Physical Stat Boosting and Longevity Rituals under a focus on Men.