Road to Pamplona (Spring 1234)

Fédora gets outside and notices how high the sun is. [color=blue]"Is the sun supposed to be that high this early in the morning?" she asks. She's used to Vulcanus waking her up at the crack of dawn for one reason or another.

It is almost noon already. Which is pretty early by our standards :mrgreen:

(I should mention that Parma expired in your sleep)

Fleur renews her parma before getting dressed. Being caught naked is one thing, but being caught without her Parma?

Having gone to bed early, and alone, Acutus is already downstairs having breakfast when the messenger comes in. Not actually being a part of the covenant or officially associated with Fedora, he waits for Fedora and Pere to come down and see what's going on.

The messenger is named George. George the Grog :smiley:
It is well past breakfast when he arrives, almost time for dinner!
((From what I have read, there is no "lunch" in the middle ages; it goes Breakfast in morning, Dinner at mid-day, then Supper at night)
So it is during the mid day meal that Actus meets George. He shouts for Fedora, someone yells back. George has a seat and waits, and has a bowlof soup. He looks at Actus. He can tell he is a magus because of the Gift, as a dutiful grog of Barcelona Covenant, he has been trained to recognize illogical feelings of dread and suspicion as being associated with the gift, and further trained to react calmly and cheerful.
Hello there :smiley:
My name is George, an agent of Barcelona Covenant. Who might you be? What covenant are you with? Whose guest are you? To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit? Conducting business? Vacation?
He is trying his best to be friendly, and his voice is pleasant. But his line of questioning seems to imply some suspicion. This is natural though. The Gift causes people to feel uneasy and be suspicious until they get used to an individual Gifted person. It is also his job to be suspicious. All magi visiting Barcelona are to be observed and kept track of. Yvall's keeps record of who comes and goes and when and from or to where and as many other details as possible. A written update and report is given to Matteu every week, but his agents are instructed to get verbal updates and collect gossip as much as possible.
Actus is initially unaware of these little details, but I am sure Pere or Fedora can clue him in latter if he asks why this George guy has to ask so many questions.
In fact, Fedora is the first one downstairs, and walks into the middle of this friendly chit-chat style interrogation.

This is classic :mrgreen:

Perhaps getting dressed is part of her Parma ceremony? Eh?

No, clothing is completely optional.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[color=blue]"My apologies, George. I'm used to waking much earlier than this...and to not staying up nearly as late as we must have last night.

"Will you be joining us, Actus?"

((Trying to remember if Fleur expressed an interest in the tour as well.))

This is the big city. We have breakfast at noon, dinner in the evening, and supper at midnight. :laughing: I was just talking to your friend here, Actus is it? About the many fascinating things to do here. Who else is in your entourage?

Fleur arrives shortly after Perrigrin. She may have resented being woken but she knew she wasn't going back to bed, that would just lead to frustration, not sleep. She looks about and asks "How do you get food here? I mean do you ask for it, or grab it yourself? I'm..." she appears at a loss.

Once everyone is gathered, George will lead you into the city to the Silver Rooster Inn to meet Farusca.
I do believe the group includes Fedora, Fleur, Actus, and Pere.

If you're waiting for confirmation, yes, that's the group.

slip-boom-bam, you are at the Silver Rooster. Odo of Jerbition, who is technically in charge but is just a figurehead, needs to talk portal business with Fedora. Farusca, the one really in charge, requests for Pere and Fleur to join her for supper. That leaves Actus, whom no one was expecting. Matteu takes notice and wants to hang out with them though, offers him a beer. I et yer a reall brawler when you wanna be. Eh?

Fleur nods, "Of course, I would be honored to join you."

The appointment for Fleur and Pere is after sundown at the Pearl Peacock, a fine dining establishment and supper club. Farusca has her own private table, and is sitting with the chef whom she calls "Frenchy". The two of you are shown to her table, Frenchy whispers something dirty in Farusca's ear and heads back to the kitchen to prepare food for you all. He has a bottle of French wine brought to your table, his gift.
Farusca smiles, waits until it is just the three of you, then looks at Pere.
So what's this about you joining Andorra Covenant? Not your fault, I am sure it was Blondie's idea (a derogatory reference to Carmen). Are you not a member of Barcelona anymore? Or are you a member of both? That is the way I would prefer, member of both. I would propose likewise for your new friend here. Not that Flambeau magus though. He is just a cleaned up version of Trentus the arsonist (Piroman). But maybe I need to make compromises, they say he has the Gentle Gift. I just don't want to loose control of that resource or our political clout. I wanted this to be more of a partnership. I have let Carmen have a free hand because we lacked the resources, but she is an opportunist and i worry she will try to exploit the situation.
Pere, your my man on the inside. I want to make sure you stay loyal to us, and I want you to get a grip on the situation for me. And Fleur, your a young sweetheart, and I don't want to see you get exploited. I am being open and honest in front of you and with you to demonstrate my sincerity. I want to help you, and I am hoping you will help me.

As Farusca rattles off her desires, Pere begins to smirk, then smile, then as she finishes her 'help you, help me' routine he just laughs out loud. Ah, my beloved parens. I believe I've missed your subtlety most of all. Reducing the sarcasm slightly, he continues. To address your questions, yes, I am a member of the Andorra covenant. I seem to recall something in the oath about severing all other ties, so I suppose I'm no longer a member of Barcelona. If there are legal loopholes allowing dual membership I'm afraid they're quite beyond me. I suppose I could ask Andorra's Inquisitor. He seems to have a good handle on legal minutiae such as this. Until then, the status of the Sa Dragonera partnership is between you and my new masters.

That said, if you want me to act as your voice on the Andorran council, I could be persuaded to oblige. I could even provide information regarding Sa Dragonera from an Andorran perspective, though my new oath will surely restrict some details from passing my lips. But you are my parens, and I know you're always ready to show gratitude where it's due. I would ask that you at least ease into your exploitation of my new Andorran sodales, though. He turns to Fleur. Being used can be profitable my dear, but never make it easy on those who would use you. They tend to grow complacent and forgetful about rewarding your good service when it's given too readily.

Fleur grins "The last time someone was afraid of me being taken advantage of turned out pretty well. I don't think I'd mind letting Carmen take advantage of me."