RoP:Infernal Question

Hi there!

I have a question about the binding and ablation abilities:

How do they work when the power you want to use or take from the demon requires zero might?

For example, the demon Saboath on page 75 has a power called murder of crows that I think is neat.

If my character binds the demon, what is the process for learning to use that power? It costs zero might to use, so I'm not sure how to go about learning it.

Similar question if my character uses ablation to take that power from the demon.

I did do a search and didn't come up with anything, my apologies if this is been answered somewhere and I missed it.

1 Like

As for Ablating, note that no reference is made to the Might cost of a Power the Infernalist wants to acquire. If he is successful at Ablating a demon, he can learn one Power (or gain a corresponding Supernatural Virtue), full stop. You can think of this as consuming all the Ablation points gained.

As for Binding, a 0-Might Power can be used immediately, without spending experience on it: the Infernalist effectively starts with a score of 0 in the corresponding pseudo-ability, and that is enough to activate a 0-Might Power.

2 Likes