Sailor Grogs needed

And someone without it would even understand the command?

Really... And yet most just happens to do things right even without being told anything. Out of 19 crew i saw, 2 or 3 looked like possible noobs. The rest certainly had experience.

Oh, and ~20 crew? Thats a big number for anything not a warship of that size. 6-14 would be more realistic(for the tonnage, as noone had modern racingboats at the time).

Fair enough. My preference would be to give an average sailor Profession Sailor 3-6 with possibly 1-4 in one, at most 2 of the other skills. Ie, i dont consider the secondary skills a must have. But several of them might be an almost must have for a ship overall.

Things break alot. Whats boats made of? Mostly wood. Someone with profession shipbuilder is better, but being able to work wood reliably isnt the same as knowing how a ship is made overall, and those good with shipbuilding tend to be busy doing that somewhere on land.

Noone said anything about "being a carpenter is like being a sailor", but a sailor who knows carpentry might be a very useful person.

Wow that's better than before!