[td]Read The Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 16xp[/td]
[td]Read The Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 16xp[/td]
[td]Read Discipline and Restraint, Rego summa, 15xp[/td]
[td]Set up lab, Magic Theory, 2xp[/td]
[td]Read Discipline and Restraint, Rego summa, 15xp[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fray[/td]
[td]Read Blood and Tears, Corpus summa, 14xp[/td]
[td]Enchant Talisman, +2xp in Magic Theory[/td]
[td]Invent Profound Magnification of the Beast MuAn 20 and Hand of the Clumsy Beast MuAn(Co) 10, +2xp in Magic Theory[/td]
[td]Read Blood and Tears, Corpus summa, 14xp[/td]
[td]Learn Leap of Homecoming from lab text[/td]
[td]Read Analysing Vis, Vim summa, 12xp[/td]
[td]Read Roots of Aquam, 15xp[/td]
[td]Invent Submerge the Irritating Hovel MuTe(Aq) 20, +2xp in Magic Theory[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Wishbone[/td]
[td]Read Shield of the Order, Parma summa, 2/3rds of a season 8xp[/td]
[td]Read The Creation of Unnatural Objects in the Absence of an Ideal Form, Creo tractatus, 10xp[/td]
[td]Read Shield of the Order, Parma summa, 11xp[/td]
[td]Practice casting Ball of Abysmal Flame, +5xp Mastery 1 (Multicasting)[/td]
[td]Practice casting Pilum of Fire, +5xp Mastery 1 (Multicasting)[/td]
[td]Read Blood and Tears. Corpus summa, 14xp[/td]
[td]Read Blood and Tears. Corpus summa, 14xp[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Timaios[/td]
[td]Read Analyzing Vis, Vim summa, 2/3rds of a season, 8xp[/td]
[td]Read Analyzing Vis, Vim summa, 12xp[/td]
[td]Get taught riding by Damianos , 8xp[/td]
[td]Practice casting "Frosty breath of the spoken lie", 5xp Mastery 1 (Penetration)[/td]
[td]Read Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 16xp[/td]
[td]Practice casting "Wielding the Invisible Sling", 5xp Mastery 1 (Fast Casting)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Asena[/td]
[td]Practice in Romaic Greek 2/3 time, 5xp[/td]
[td]Set up lab, 2xp in Magic Theory[/td]
[td]Read Insight within Insight Intellego summa, 12xp[/td]
[td]Set up lab, 2xp in Magic Theory[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Read In the Laboratory, Magic Theory tractatus, 11xp[/td]
[td]Read Follow the Breeze, Auram tractatus, 12xp[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Viola[/td]
[td]Select apprentice at tribunal, earn on adventure Bargain 5xp, Faerie lore 5xp, +2 CP, 5CP spent[/td]
[td]Invent level 40 Aegis of the hearth from lab text[/td]
[td]Read Analyzing Vis, Vim summa, 17xp[/td]
[[td]Read Intellego Insights, Intellego summa, 17xp[/td]
[td]Open Chyse's arts, Magic Theory 2xp[/td]
[td]Teach Magic Theory to Chyse[/td]
[td]Study Spell Mastery of Aegis of the Hearth, +7xp[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Constantine[/td]
[td]Consumes 4 pawns of Ig Vis and earns on adventure Faerie Lore 5xp and Athletics 5xp[/td]
[td]Helps Viola develop her Aegis of the Hearth[/td]
[td]Flits about while Viola studies[/td]
[td]Helps Viola to open Chryse's arts[/td]
[td]Flits about while Viola teaches Chryse[/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[size=150]Correspondence[/size]

[tableborder][tr][th]Magus[/th]
[th]Autumn 1228[/th]
[th]Winter 1229[/th]
[th]Spring 1229[/th]
[th]Summer 1229[/th]
[th]Autumn 1229[/th]
[th]Winter 1230[/th]
[th]Spring 1230[/th]
[th]Summer 1230[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Gregorius[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]+1 MT with Sylvanus[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]+1 MT with Sylvanus[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fray[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Wishbone[/td]
[td]None[/td]
[td]Creo with Theosignem ex Flambau of Polyaigos covenant (invented magus), +1xp Creo[/td]
[td]Creo with Theosignem ex Flambau, +1xp Creo[/td]
[td]Creo with Theosignem ex Flambau, +1xp Creo[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Timaios[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Asena[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Viola[/td]
[td]Magic Theory with Theoros, +1xp Magic Theory[/td]
[td]Faerie Lore with Salignus, +1xp Faerie lore[/td]
[td]Magic Theory with Theodolphus, +1xp Magic Theory[/td]
[td]Magic Theory with Theodolphus, +1xp Magic Theory[/td]
[td]Magic Theory with Theoros, +1xp Magic Theory[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Right, I've had a go at turning the previous table of people's plans into something that works on this board. I've had to split it into two to get it to fit in the narrower columns. Shout if anyone thinks I've got something wrong - I've had to do a reasonable amount of manual editting and cutting and pasting, so it's not unlikely.

Magus Autumn 1228 Winter 1229 Spring 1229 Summer 1229
Gregorius Read The Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 2/3rd season, 11XP Read The Gallic Wars, Leadership summae, 13xp Set up lab, Magic Theory, 2xp Read The Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 16xp
Fray Read Blood and Tears, Corpus summa, 14xp Enchant Talisman, +2xp in Magic Theory Invent Profound Magnification of the Beast MuAn 20 and Hand of the Clumsy Beast MuAn(Co) 10, +2xp in Magic Theory Read Blood and Tears, Corpus summa, 14xp
Wishbone Read Shield of the Order, Parma summa, 2/3rds of a season 8xp Read The Creation of Unnatural Objects in the Absence of an Ideal Form, Creo tractatus, 10xp Read Shield of the Order, Parma summa, 11xp Read Shield of the Order, Parma summa, 11xp
Timaios Read Analyzing Vis, Vim summa, 2/3rds of a season, 8xp Read Analyzing Vis, Vim summa, 12xp Get taught riding by Damianos , 8xp Read Discipline and Restraint, Rego summa, 15xp
Asena Practice in Romaic Greek 2/3 time, 5xp Set up lab, 2xp in Magic Theory Read Insight within Insight Intellego summa, 12xp Set up lab, 2xp in Magic Theory
Viola Select apprentice at tribunal, earn on adventure Bargain 5xp, Faerie lore 5xp, +2 CP, 5CP spent Invent level 40 Aegis of the hearth from lab text Read Analyzing Vis, Vim summa, 17xp Read Intellego Insights, Intellego summa, 17xp
Constantine Consumes 4 pawns of Ig Vis and earns on adventure Faerie Lore 5xp and Athletics 5xp Helps Viola develop her Aegis of the Hearth Flits about while Viola studies Flits about while Viola studies
Magus Autumn 1229 Winter 1230 Spring 1230 Summer 1230
Gregorius Read The Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 16xp Read Discipline and Restraint, Rego summa, 15xp Set up lab, Magic Theory, 2xp Read Discipline and Restraint, Rego summa, 15xp
Fray Learn Leap of Homecoming from lab text Read Analysing Vis, Vim summa, 12xp Read Roots of Aquam, 15xp Invent Submerge the Irritating Hovel MuTe(Aq) 20, +2xp in Magic Theory
Wishbone Practice casting Ball of Abysmal Flame, +5xp Mastery 1 (Multicasting) Practice casting Pilum of Fire, +5xp Mastery 1 (Multicasting) Read Blood and Tears. Corpus summa, 14xp Read Blood and Tears. Corpus summa, 14xp
Timaios Read Discipline and Restraint, Rego summa, 15xp Practice casting "Frosty breath of the spoken lie", 5xp Mastery 1 (Penetration) Read Senses and Sensibility, Mentem summa, 16xp Practice casting "Wielding the Invisible Sling", 5xp Mastery 1 (Fast Casting)
Asena Read Shield of the Order, Parma summa, 11xp Read In the Laboratory, Magic Theory tractatus, 11xp Read Follow the Breeze, Auram tractatus, 12xp
Viola Open Chyse's arts, Magic Theory 2xp Teach Magic Theory to Chyse Study Spell Mastery of Aegis of the Hearth, +7xp
Constantine Helps Viola to open Chryse's arts Flits about while Viola teaches Chryse Flits about while Viola studies

I've not got the Correspondence xp in there currently.

Take a look here, should be the same content reworked as a Google Spreadsheet,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSemCPzdmcv7xSJgOwFxp8eZtoif5XqX4A402p4Tjhu0IEJYzxkCELHtlXZS8VlixAtkwKlz34Xna8K/pubhtml

I don't think I can edit that - am I just missing something I have to do?

I'm considering having Gregorius learn "Breaking the Captain's Baton", a PeMe 10 spell which removes the memory of how to command a trained group from an individual's mind.

There's a couple of approaches he could take to learning this:

1. Invent it from Scratch. His PeMe lab total at the start of Autumn 1230 is:
    Pe 0 + Me 10 + Int 1 + MT 5 + 5 Aura + 2 Lab GQ -3 Creative Block = 20.

So he could do it in a season without further study.

The alternative would be to request either that spell, or the higher level Dissolving the Wall of Shields (PeMe20, same spell but with Group target) as lab assistants from the Tremere, after sending back the Aegis casting tablet. This assumes they've got the spells available to loan, although they do look like the sort of thing the Tremere would be interested in.

try this link: Nova Castra Seasonal Activities and Advancement - Google Sheets

Closer, but no cigar - apparently I have to be logged in to a google account to edit it.

KTK - would you be happy with a wiki if we setup a basic page?
It would still require a login to be setup, however I think a few folk here have wiki-dot accounts already.

I think the problem with the Google doc is that the link pasted above is View Only access. You need to share a version that includes Edit access to whoever clicks on it.

I think I’ve made it editable now - can you check again?

I think that works now - thanks.

Thanks for the update! This is a huge benefit.
I'm going to update Timaios' character sheet here with the various seasons of study as listed on that sheet.

OK, I think I've finally got a handle on the advancement--and I see in the end we decided Viola could open Chryse's Arts without the help of another magus.

Salutor, I assume you're handling Chryse's advancement? We don't have a column for her in the Google spreadsheet.

Asena's activities are already planned out, so I don't have to worry about that.

Scott

I think @JesseHeinig is doing it (after she's statted)? That said, her advancement is likely to be heavily influenced by what Viola is telling her to do.

@JesseHeinig: have you got statting up Chryse in hand, and do you know when you'll be able to post a first draft? If you'd rather I did it (either because you don't want to play her at all anymore, or because you do want to play her but not to do the statting), do say so and I / someone else can have a go at statting her.

Replying here rather than in the Amazons thread as it's pretty much all OOC.

@MTKnife did you have a chance to look into spells for Asena? Thinking about it, there are a few different approaches that might be possible:

The Lion and the Lamb (PeAn 20)
Destroy an animal's fear of predatory animals.
(Base 5 + 1 Touch + 2 Sun)

Guardian of the Flock MuAn X
This spell changes any fear an animal might have of a canine in to a belief that it is dangerous but their protector, like a sheepdog to a flock of sheep.
Base 3/4 major / complete change to emotion + 1 Touch + 2 / 3 Sun / Moon duration.

Sooth the Frightened Steed ReAn 15 / 20
Keep an animal calm even in the face of danger.
Base 4 + 1 Touch + 2 Sun / +3 Moon

Several of those are based off the Mentem guidelines, so it's possible they should be shifted up or down for the transition to Animal. Completely control an animal is base 15 under ReAn vs base 25 under Mentem, which suggests if it does shift it's down.

Looking at Asena's character sheet, she's got no Perdo, 5 Muto, 7 Rego, 12 Animal and a mMF in canines. Int +2 + MT 3+1 + Au 5(?) = 11. So she can manage a level 15 spell in one season if it's Rego / Muto and within her area of focus, or a Rego one if it's outside it, but can't quite manage level 20 spells without some extra bonus (unless I'm missing something - not sure what her lab's like, but it may well have at least some bonus from the equipment?).

Moon would be substantially better than Sun as it means we don't have to worry about our horses suddenly starting to panic every evening and morning. But it is also obviously harder.

Proposed activities for Gregorius:

Learn to Ride. This isn't, frankly, something he really wants to be doing with his time, given that Tremere doctrine frowns on horses as a liability; however, given the company he's keeping it's starting to feel like a good idea.

His options for learning appear to be:

• Being trained for 6xp by a grog with a score of 3 in Ride (Aison or Damianos, probably Damianos), as I don't think their Latin will have got up to the point of them sharing a common language (it's score of 2 in 1228, will probably have got to 3 by the time they're advanced)
  • Being taught by Miklos for 11xp. This gives more xp, but also uses the Turb leader's time rather than a random grog's.

Neither is enough to get him to a score of more than 1 after a single season's teaching.

Learn Breaking the Captain's Baton (PeMe 10) (MoH pg 50). Makes the target unable to remember how to lead a trained group. He can just about invent this from scratch himself:
Pe 0 + Me 10 + MT 5 + Aura 5 + Int 1 + GQ 2 - Creative Block 3 = 20.
Put 2 xp into Mentem.

I've spent two out of the past three weeks doing unpaid overtime at work, leaving my brain mush for most other purposes--which is why I haven't looked at spells yet.

"The Lion and the Lamb" strikes me as a bad idea--you want to remove fear of a particular predator, not all of them. "Sooth the Frightened Steed" might be more generally useful in combat--I see the difference here being that one removes the fear, whereas the other keeps the fear but makes the animal calm. I'll look at her lab Saturday or Sunday--one more day of overtime in this month.

As for Gregorius, I think it's going to be up to him to decide which of those paths is more useful. Given his role in organizing the covenant's defense, Viola will trust his judgment about the use of Miklos's time.

Scott

OK, so Asena's ReAn lab total would be MT 4 (including a spells specialization) +2 Int, + 7 Re + 12 An for 25, then +5 for the aura, so 30. I can gin up a lab if I have to, but I can't imagine she'd have one elaborate and specialized enough to get the +10 bonus she'd need to invent a level 40 in one season. However, a 15 in one season or a 20 in 2 is easy.

Agreed some of the spells definitely have downsides (and it's probably possible to refine them a bit to remove some of them, although "not afraid of wolves" is always going to have one obvious potential problem).

I think I'm leaning towards keeping Miklos' time free - he needs to work to make sure the mundane forces are properly co-ordinated. Gregorius will therefore spend a season with Damianos being taught to ride.