Seasonal Activities thread

Autmn of 1222: Begin next project on Staff

Warning of Fist, Fang, and Claw In Co (An)

R: Personal D: Sun T: Hearing Base 3 +2 Sun, +3 Hearing, Modifications: uses per day 2 (+1), Environmental Trigger Base 3, Total 24 3 pawns
Works as Shriek of the Impending Shafts but on animal attacks and the attacks of a human body.

Lab total: 38 14 points towards finishing project.

Winter of 1222: Finish next project on Staff

Warning of Fist, Fang, and Claw In Co (An)

R: Personal D: Sun T: Hearing Base 3 +2 Sun, +3 Hearing, Modifications: uses per day 2 (+1), Environmental Trigger Base 3, Total 24 3 pawns
Works as Shriek of the Impending Shafts but on animal attacks and the attacks of a human body.

Lab total: 38 last 10 points towards finishing project.

All warning effects should now be in affect. Alexei should receive a warning for an attack from a wooden or metal weapon as well as physical attack from a human (shape) or beast. If the attack is more than 10 paces away (per Shriek of the Impending Shafts) he should be able to avoid the attack as long as he's not restrained. Closer than 10 paces provides a +9 Defense bonus to these types of attacks.

Totally forgot to post what Ulrich is working on in 1222, since no-one has any claims on his time.

Spring: Study A Primer on Origination, which would raise his Creo score to 6.

Summer: Study Peering into the Aether, which would raise his Intellego score to 4(1).

Autumn: Learn Bind Wound (CrCo 10).

Winter: Learn Order of Hermes Lore from Theraphosa.

(edit to change Winter from generic "learn something from somebody" to OoHLore from Therephosa)

Updated again, in original location (quoted here).

Hrm, perhaps Theraphosa would be better off sending out correspondences on CoH(Tribunals)? With her Com+3, that could actually end up being a fairly worthwhile Bound Correspondence. Especially if using pieces of her carapace and silk as resonant material.... or perhaps then the correspondences should be on Intrigue...

1222 activities for Abagail filia Korvin
Spring : travel to Mons Electi
Summer: Open arts
Fall: read Esse Est Percipi by Laetitia scholae Guernici, Intellego summa, L10 Q12
Winter: Taught Creo by Korvin (Com+2+Teaching 4+3+6 ( single student) = 15

https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/seasonal-activities-thread/6263/41

Updated Theraphosa's activities once again, so that she is now Teaching OoHLore to Ulrich in the Winter.

I encourage you all to picture that for a second :slight_smile:

The latest plans for Ulrich for 1222, reflecting his being reclaimed by Tria.

Spring: Study A Primer on Origination, raising his Creo score to 6.

Summer: Study Peering into the Aether, raising his Intellego score to 7(3).

Autumn: Learn how to lie convincingly and with passion from Tria, raising his Guile to 2.

Winter: ???.

Updating

Jacques for 1222

Spring - Explore Regio
Summer Precept duties
Fall -Off to Tournament
Winter - Read Knowing the Beast Without - LV 15 Q 11 An

1222 activities for Abagail filia Korvin
Spring : travel to Mons Electi
Summer: refining Korvin'a lab ( size +2 now). MT+2
Fall:Help with LR
Winter: begins installing greater feature MT +2

Korvin:1222
Spring - trip to Salamanca
Summer - Open Arts of Abagail
Autumn - LR for L Cr27+Co 17+In3+MT7 + MT5(Paion) + 5MT (Abagail) + 3 Int (Abagail)+Lab(+3)+Inventive Genius (3)+aura 5 +10 from Laetitia = LT 88 (Mt +2)
Winter - The Grandest Jest by Garkin ex Tytalus (Perdo Summa, Level 15, Quality 10) + 3 book learner.

What's the SQ for the doctor? I finally have a season or two to learn Chirurgy that Fiona's been putting off for years.

Oh, and the Greek that the teacher teaches - is that "modern" or ancient/Hermetic type of Greek?

AFAIK, ancient, since this is the one Appolodorus book was written in (and we hired the teacher for that purpose)

Tentative schedule for Stultus. Posting it here for comments before I move it to the spreadsheet.

1227.3: setting up a lab.
1227.4: setting up a lab.
1228.1: working on the first play for Korvin, tentatively slated to be an adaptation of Euripides' Orestes, with the themes already present in the play (conflict between the natural law and created/granted law, rebellion against the law-givers) expanded and enhanced.
1228.2: assisting Korvin in creating his LR.

He doesn't want to read "The Black Rot" yet. It's likely to affect his thinking, so when he reads "The Black Rot" he wants to give himself time to process what he's read and integrate it into his view of the world.

When Tranquillina joined Mons Electi, she moved in to one of the existing labs (i.e., she didn't have to spend two seasons setting one up, as per RAW). I might imagine that Stultus would also not have to devote two such seasons - the explanation being that Apollodorus just set up Mons Electi with a bunch of labs ready for taking over by new magi.

[strike]These should be correct except for the last. I'm not sure how to calculate this. The book just says to look at the statistics of the spell since I'm duplicating.

1227.3 - Setting up lab
1227.4 - Setting up lab
1228.1 - Touring and studying the covenant: Practice Area Lore (Mons Electi)
1228.2 - Studying 'The Stag, The Hound, and The Prince of the Seven Crowns'[/strike]

1227.3: For setting up your lab beyond what is already set up: there are lots of lab customization rules in the Covenants supplement, which quite possibly you don't have access to. Because all Mons Electi labs are a little larger than normal, you could immediately spend a season to install one of the Lab Virtues therein. Here are some categories of benefits such Virtues can confer: General Quality, Safety, Health, Aesthetics, Experimentation, Familiars, Enchanted Items, Longevity Rituals, Spell Invention, Teaching, Texts, Vis Extraction, or any Art. If you relay your top priority or two, I could suggest some possible Virtues (especially if you include an in-character detail or two about how you think your lab would look). In our RP thread, I'm about to invite you to look at Tranquillina's lab - maybe that will give some ideas.

1227.4: Perfectly reasonable. Or, we might be able to conscript one of the covenfolk to Teach you Area Lore (Mons Electi) - would probably be more XP. :smiley:

1228.1: yep 8) We do keep track of what all the magi are doing per season, so claiming dibs on a book includes checking to see whether anyone has done so already for that season. You're in the clear here. (But Alexei and Fiona seem to be in conflict over that very book in 1227.4 ... :astonished: )

1228.2: Two comments here. First, the covenant already has access to several different power levels of Aegis of the Hearth, so unless you specifically want your own version, this spell probably isn't necessary. Second, the mechanics for inventing spells are a little more complicated than this. The short version is: if you want to invent a spell from scratch (without having access to an existing lab text) in one season, your Lab Total needs to be double the level of the spell. Luckily, you get a few more things to add together to make your Lab Total. See ArM5 page 94 for the Lab Total formula, and page 95 for rules for inventing spells. (Note that our laboratories inside the regio are in a level-5 aura, but one that is "Rego-aligned", meaning that it acts like a level-10 aura where Rego activities are concerned.)

Check with JL on the +1 size. Unless you are taking over someone's lab ( and there is one open) they are normal sized. At least Jacques was. And you must spend the 3 seasons preparing the lab.

2 Seasons, jebrick. :slight_smile: And yeah, that was kind of where I was leaning. I mean, JL might decide to be nice to me when he comes back, and declare that I can take over an existing lab, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Also, the default Mons Electi lab is +1 Size. We had a short discussion on that in my character thread, IIRC.

Roberto entered the game in 1226.3 (I think) and set up his lab. I left off there because I was questioning what to do and investigating the death of Apollodorus. Then the tribunal, and then I ahev no idea what is going on now :laughing:
What season should I advance to, and were we assigned xp &/or vis that I forgot to claim?

Modified my plans in order to set up a proper lab. I'll get to spell invention later. The information you provided, gerg, will be very helpful. I had a feeling that the lab total would play into it somehow, but I was having trouble making sense of it. The laboratory/long-term stuff is sort of spread out in the rulebook.

Yeah, qcipher hasn't gotten around to correcting his entry yet. shrug

Wait...I still haven't? This is the third time (at least!) this has come up, I could have sworn I fixed this. Let me check. Very sorry.