Second Council Meeting

They are in front of the main building to the right and left.

There was, but unless anyone's seen xandran recently Id be tempted to skip Maffeo, and Tartessosis willing to take a rego crafted one. That just leaves you and flavius on the current interest list and the first papphos lab will be finished in winter or spring. SecoNd one might take till mid 1222 if I am estimating correctly.

Maffeo is Astiom, Xandran was Euthymios
OTOH Astion hasn't been on the board since June 9, though he was involved with some fall adventures, so his lab will be nearly done by the end of the fall. If it winds up being assigned to someone else because Maffeo isn't around that may well work out...

If Flavius takes the current lab, that's still a year-and-a-half to wait for the second one. I'm not sure if I want to wait that long for a lab.

You can go first! I have no rush to sit in a dusty lab. Sooner or later I will need one, but for know I think you need it more.

"I actually do have a question, is there a portable lab for me to set up? It would be helpful if I didn't need to build one from scratch.

There are extras.

I was just compiling a list of spells for this saga and realized that while this spell is a great spell for guaranteeing healing, it also comes at the cost of 1 Warping Point - a cost not everyone will want to pay. You might give some thought to a +12 spell that will only be level 25 and not cause Warping.

Good point Trogdor. I had forgotten about the warping limit. On the other hand, done is done, so I think I should leave it as is. Once I have the lab, I can research the lower one.

Meh, she'll take the +18. Its only one warping point, and her plan is to Become before its a serious problem.

Heck, if she plans on becoming she probably wants a certain amount of warping, as I believe it raises the limit on the becoming.

She probably wants faerie warping instead of magic- recall the HR that they are tallied separately.

getting back to the council meeting, you have a ship but currently no merchants, so who is being sent out to try and start up the business?

Sounds like we need to recruit a merchant. Maybe we can find one who's down on his luck because of bad luck who might leap at the opportunity to rebuild his fortune. Maybe a merchant whose ship (or cargo) was taken by pirates.

Either way, someone will have to go out and do this...

This sounds like something David could be asked to deal with in the summer, as long as there is no rush. The challenge of course is to find someone reasonably honest, down on his luck, and competent.

Also keep in mind that the primary trade Malta is a part of is the slave trade. Additionally, finding down on their luck people isn't something you can necessarily do in a season. You may need to have someone act as a merchant until a permenant merchant can be located.

I was assuming David would look in Italy and southern France, not Malta. The chance of finding what we want on Malta seems remote.

Tartessos will come along if no other magi wishes to. He is interested in enchantments to enhance the ship and some time observing operations will help him with that. Presumable Vicente, Bavol and Pepe can come as our "marines". Maybe Nicolae would be willing to scout?

We also need to plan our expeditions to tribunal this year. I believe there were two tribunals in 1221 that we wished to attend, to make purchases if nothing else. One was in the fall; I do not recall when the other was. We should try to ensure each expedition is supported without taking too many people from Domus Aureus at any given time.

Talus is open for 1221 if he's needed at either tribunal. I'll be honest, though, he's no great bargainer.