Semyon the Redcap Apprentice

Finally got the first draft of Semyon, Fédora's son and Triana's soon-to-be apprentice done. Not 100% happy with it, but it's a starting point.
[hr][/hr]
Characteristics: Int ‑3, Per ‑4, Pre ‑1, Com ‑3, Str ‑4, Sta ‑3, Dex ‑3, Qik ‑4
Size: 0
Age: 7 (7), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 158 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues : Redcap Apprentice i[/i], Venus' Blessing (Bonus: +3 Com and Pre with sexually compatible characters) i[/i], Strong Sidhe Blood (Physical Quirk: White hair) i[/i], Second Sight* i[/i], Greater Immunity (Cold) major
Flaws: Dependence i[/i], Covenant Upbringing i[/i], Close Family Ties i[/i], Driven (To prove his worth) i[/i], Lesser Malediction (Distrusted and harassed by faeries) i[/i]
Combat:
Dodge: Init: ‑4, Attack ‑‑, Defense ‑2, Damage ‑‑
Fist: Init: ‑4, Attack ‑1, Defense ‑2, Damage ‑4
Kick: Init: ‑5, Attack ‑1, Defense ‑3, Damage ‑1
Soak: ‑3
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, ‑1, ‑3, ‑5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: ‑1 (1‑5), ‑3 (6‑10), ‑5 (11‑15), Incapacitated (16‑20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Russian 5, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Brawl 2, Guile 1, Area Lore: Normandy tribunal 1, Charm 1, French 1, Folk Ken 2, Awareness 1, Athletics 2, Second Sight 1
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
[hr][/hr]
Dependence is from Apprentices, p. 11: "The character does not feel comfortable with a mentor or someone he trusts watching over him, and is extremely shy of strangers. When completely alone, he suffers a -3 penalty to everything he tries to do, and feels intensely abandoned and fearful."

The Lesser Malediction, I couldn't find a Flaw that exactly fit what I had in mind. Basically, since Semyon is the son of King Frost, from Russia, the faeries of Provencal, Normandy, Iberia, would see him, see who and what he is, and worry that Frost King might be basically using the boy as a vanguard to move here. And so harass him, but not torment.

Oh, and the Characteristics are all after the -4 penalty for his age (although I haven't done his height and weight yet).

Suggestions and comments welcome.

I know this is old school, but I was wondering if you could put +/- (value) indicators fro the Virtues & Flaws. Not permenantly. It is just that I am unfamiliar with two of them, and it would make accounting easier :slight_smile:
How old is the child?

I marked them Major, Minor, and Free. One of them (Dependence is from Apprentices, and I copied the flaw description (it's only one paragraph). Which is the other one you weren't familiar with?

And the boy is currently 7.

That all works better and is more current style. Thanx. You balance at +/-7 so far it seems.
What does the free Virtue of Redcap Apprentice do? That one I am in the dark about.

It was one of the "Character Type" options on the first menu when I started the new character on MetaCreator (along with, for example, Agent, Apprentice, Companion, Creature, Grog, Magus, and Redcap). I'm assuming it's like "Apprentice" except for House Mercere instead of one of the other magical Houses.

And on the Virtues list on MC it's shown as a "Social Status" free Virtue.

Groovy :slight_smile:

I'm not sure about this.
Cold alone could be argued to be major, sure, but it seems less common that Fire, so you could drop Ice in the mix (Greater Immunity to Cold and Ice), or, if you want to still be able to be crushed by ice blocks, drop it to a minor*.

• Is cold common? Not that much (although it could be different in an icelandic saga where the SG enforced the climate's harsheness). Is it deadly? Yes. Fire is both.

I guess it boils down to whether, in the troupe's opinion, Cold would be considered "either rare, or not deadly, or both" (Lesser Immunity) or "both common and potentially deadly."

Personally, now that think about it more closely, I'm kind of leaning toward Lesser. I would prefer that he still be vulnerable to being crushed by sixteen tonnes of ice, or an icicle between the ribs, but wouldn't take any extra damage from a Frost Blade or something.

Cold is common, and can be potentially deadly. But Deadly Cold is uncommon. For the most part, your immunity would protect you from something discomforting and a long term health risk (exposure to cold), but the killer frost shock of fifty below zero is very rare. I rule it Minor.

Concurring with Marko.