Silas Ex Verditius

Updated with spells, for Casting Tools its probably a mix of saws and chisels.

looks good- don't forget planes, knives, possibly a level/plumb line...

1 Like

Changed how spells looked on the sheet a little and added Description and Sigil.

I saw that you asked about ambitions and goals of other characters, is this something I should put some thought into as well?

yes

I am not seeing where you have the spells...

Hmm I am not sure what you aren’t seeing? I just added the casting tools, and which spells the focus applies too. I change Inventive Genius to Puissant Magic Theory as well. Also considering changing the gauntlet year around, I will come back if I do want it altered.

For ambitions/goals I think it looks something like this. The higher on the list are more long term.

• Perfect his craft, learn a few others.
  • Create praiseworthy items and show them off.
  • Create a talisman with numerous protections/curses worked into it.
  • Train an apprentice.
  • Bind a familiar.
  • Court some magical being to guard laboratory in addition to whatever traps are present.
  • Find some secret get away and prepare a small and safe stronghold there.
  • Create a beautiful studio, try to hinder the foul smell in this room. Make it thief proof.
  • Get a customer base, perhaps via a venditor but probably mostly magi.
  • Follow his Confraternity’s Mystery Path – as early as possible.
  • Hide the mechanism of these traps so you become irreplaceable.
  • Create traps for own laboratory and covenant.
  • Get a title in a covenant and become responsible for its magical defences.
  • Get a small staff of trustworthy Forge-Companions.

Also I was thinking that the “Sever the Ties that Bind” Major Ordeal might offer some fun story opportunities with the this particular premise. Examples might be a scorned apprentice who was taken in by someone else. A former familiar who has become extremely untrusting of humans. Past Forge-Companions who becomes embittered and try to rival his workshop.

Me and Bartomeus was talking about possibly having both our magi be part of the same contest (the one Argentius won in 1180) and have been introduced. Do you think this would be an interesting idea or would rather have everyone be total strangers?

That would certainly make sense, enough that you could recognize each other when you wake up.

Great idea @Whaler ! Always fun to have back story between characters... even in this scenario.

Added voting sigil. Will do vis source tomorrow, hopefully at least. That should be basically everything. Anything you would want me to consider changing?

Everything is looking good from my perspective.

Something like this for the vis source. The number of pawns I assume you will tell me at a later stage.

Fruit of the Leper
During winter, usually just some time before new year a new growth start appearing upon Silas body. The growths are pink, smells badly and cause much pain if it comes into contact with anything. After some time – usually about a week – the lump simply falls off. Leaving a nasty looking mark but not harming Silas. The growth can be collected for 6 pawns of Corpus vis.

1 Like

That works.

@Whaler I have to say, I can't wait to see your magus in action. :grinning:

I imagine a scene starting like this:

Argentius's face contorts in disgust.
"Silas! If I find another piece of you in the library one more time... Corpus vis or not! Keep it together, man!"

1 Like

Updated goals slightly...

Roll of Seasons
Spring 1289: Reading (Name?) Parma Magica Summea Q:20 (Distracted so 2/3 XP, meaning 13)

where does your secondary insight for your summer reading go?

Lets go with:
Creo 15
Animal 1
Herbam 1
Imaginem 1
Vim 1

I see for fall you are opening an item rather than doing artwork- so the box is not intended to be artistic? Your muse will be most disapointed...

Who are you doing a longevity ritual for? Yourself?