Solitude (4-5 players)

With your advice, I'll probably have a Mentor then. Probably not Esse's parens, but a Sufi from elsewhere in France.

Sure thing. One likely story arc is starting to study a "simple" technique, only to discover that it's actually quite complex and will need decades of research - such as integrating Second Sight, for example. ("Hey, every village has someone with the Sight, right? How hard can THAT be to fully integrate into Hermetic theory?"

....150 integration points later... (pretty sure - it's 75 points for the major virtue, then to do it again for full integration? I'm currently on a road trip to Texas, and all my Ars stuff is back in Seattle.)

EDIT - the two offhand that I was thinking of was Folk Magic (people without the Gift still being able to cast a subset of Hermetic magic spells, albeit in a weakened form) and Immune to the Gift - both are minor virtues, but both have some pretty hefty implications if they are successfully integrated. (To be fair - Immune to the Gift is a General virtue, rather than a Supernatural one - but I would imagine that it can be studied for insight into the Gift, at the least.)

done!

And we have a forum. That was fast!

Is the saga starting in 1220 A.D?

As my magus concept, I'm leaning towards a Gentle-Gifted guernicus. Any objection?

Arthur, I don't expect to crowd you at all, but the first step on my character's Criamon Path will bestow Gentle Gift. If the potential duplication doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me.

Pralix, the Path of Seeming is dominated by Sufis, and so its clutch should be somewhere with a Muslim presence. Esse will be from that Tribunal, and her mentor will reside there. Iberia? Levant? Sicily/Roman? Whatever you like is fine with me.

Iberia sonds closest.
Which gender will the mentor be (m/f/transgender?)

What would you say to someone running the covenant infrastructure (aka grogs)?

I thought that would be my job.

Hmm, I'll have to think about it. I'm certainly not nearly as imaginative as others here at creating strong characters.

This looks interesting. I have a bad habit of never checking the recruitment. Still looking for a fifth? Raising up a maga from gauntlet sounds fun! I'm in much the same position as crawfs though.

Thanks for the Pm Pralix this saga went unnoticed on my part. I'm not sure I can post daily but I was really fond of the beginning of your previous saga. I'll give you my answer before the week end with a character concept but I'm kinda busy this week (evening meetings + my daughter birthday in the week end you know...)

But It seems there's already a lot of player let me know if you're full.

++

Doctorcomics – crazy Criamon
Arthur – Guernicus, gentle gift
KevinSchultz – Bonisagus researcher

Bitter – pro: shared gaming experience
crawfs – pro: asked early
quite possibly a cat – pro: experienced player (>1000 posts)

Welcome, all of you.

This means we are full now. No more applications, please!

Looks like we will end up with up to six players after all. That means more work, but also a higher game stability.

I'm a generally new player, and sadly have lost out on this opportunity due to my every-few-days forum presence. Still, I'd like to lurk and watch the posts assuming you don't mind a cheerful stalker.

If there is still room i could be interested