Solomon of Guernicus (development)

Marko, it would definitely be seen as a lack of faith if I had made him with True Faith and he relied on it. However, the way I'm going to play him is that he believes that it was God's Will that he was given The Gift and was led to the Hermetic Order. He believes that God expects him to use Hermetic Magic to protect himself as well as promote God's Will. That's why he has left the Benedictine Order and thrown himself completely into the Order of Hermes. Thus in his mind using a Hermetic ward against demons IS God protecting him.

Yeah, that's probably a good point. Would this make more sense? The reason I wanted to put in on the talisman vice an amulet was so that there were periods (when he sleeps for example) when he isn't touching the talisman and is thus vulnerable. And considering how old he already is and how much warping he has, this is probably a better route to go.

Personal Demonic Ward, ReVi 34
R: Per, D: Conc, T: Ind, 6 uses/day, Talisman maintains concentration
This ward protects against demons with a Might up to 24 with a penetration of 24.
(base effect [level 24], -1 personal, -1 conc, 5 levels item maintains concentration, 3 level 6 uses/day, 12 levels penetration 24)

It can be a big deal in the long term, since you're effectively doubling your base rate of Warping gain. Two steps closer to final Twilight each year rather than one.

Familiar Bond and Talisman Bonds do not warp the magus, by my authority :slight_smile:

As for Solomon, I am trying to come up with something interesting for him, maybe a side adventur/story or some clever roleplaying interaction that takes place during the season spent on whatever.
Ideas?

I thought the payment of stolen items was supposed to be a tie-in to give Mission Impossible the weight of law so Solomon could participate?

He was never made aware of that in game. Maybe he would be interested. Maybe not. Up to the player :slight_smile:

That's because none of the PCs have left the room yet, in-character. :stuck_out_tongue:

True :smiley:

Also, the stolen pen trick was important in getting Guillme, Estaban, and Carmen to solidify behind you.
If you can prove that there was collaboration and/or collusion between this Verdi and our yet-unknown assailant, then you have a case. Maybe Solomon can try legit channels and go at it that way :slight_smile:

Also, as you can probably tell from his part of the conversation, Guillaume is looking at legit channels himself. Solomon, being the one Quaesitor here, will likely be the magus to whom Guillaume turns to discuss things if the others end up agreeing with his general approach.

Aging Roll:

Age 7 + roll 0 - Bronze Cord 3 - Living Conditions 1 - Longevity Ritual 8 = -5

Solomon’s Lab after 1 season of refinement and a season of modification:

Size: +0
Refinement: +1
General Quality: +1
Upkeep: +5
Safety: +2
Warping: +0
Health: +2
Aesthetics: +8

Laboratory Specializations:
Items: +2
Texts: +1 (not active)
Vis Extraction: +2
Creo: +1 (not active)
Intellego: +4
Rego: +1
Ignem: +1 (not active)
Imaginem: +1 (not active)
Mentem: +1
Vim: +4

Virtues
Greater Feature [Altar] (Major Structure Virtue)
Aesthetics: +2
Intellego: +1
Vim: +2

Lesser Expansion (Minor Outfitting Virtue)
Upkeep: +2
General Quality: +1
Intellego: +1

Dedicated Building (Free Structure Virtue)
Upkeep: +1
Aesthetics: +1
Rego: +1

Superior Construction (Free Structure Virtue)
Safety: +1

Servant (Free Outfitting Virtue)
Safety: +1 (Int +2)
Mentem: +1

Spotless (Free Outfitting Virtue)
Health: +1
Creo: +1

Flawless Equipment (Free Supernatural Virtue)
Upkeep: +2
General Quality: +2
Vis Extraction: +2

Flawless Tools (Free Supernatural Virtue)
Upkeep: +1
Items: +2

Magically Superior Heating (Free Supernatural Virtue)
Health: +1
Ignem: +1

Magically Superior Lighting (Free Supernatural Virtue)
Upkeep: -1
Texts: +1
Imaginem: +1

Flaws
Greater Focus [Altar] (Major Structure Flaw)
General Quality: -2
Intellego: +2
Vim: +2

Hey everybody, I noticed something fairly important as I was updating Solomon. It appears that he is 1 virtue short; he has 9 points of virtues (not counting Strong-Willed which came from a background adventure) and 10 points of flaws. Obviously, I'd like to fix this discrepency and take another virtue 8)

In an effort to not muck with continuity, I've got a few ideas of virtues that make sense for him, and that he wouldn't have used up to this point. So please let me know if you guys object to any of these, or have any other suggestions...

1. Minor Magical Focus: Demons (or maybe Infernal) - Makes sense based on his background and his reputation as an infernalist hunter; I just don't know how much it will come up
  2. Puissant Sense Holiness and Unholiness - Again, I think it makes sense based on his background and him using it to aid in his infernalist hunting
  3. Social Contacts: Church - He retains some connections from his time as a monk
  4. Social Contacts: Quaesitores - He has traveled a lot as a quaesitor and met many of them
  5. Puissant Code of Hermes - a fairly stereotypical quaesitor virtue I would think
  6. Clear Thinker - definitely helpful for a quaesitor, and a trait I kind of roleplay with him already

Not sure if this would be a major or minor. Is there something in one of the books that specifies? The rest sound great.

I would say Social Contacts or Clear Thinker.

I vote for Social Contacts: Quaesitores.