Some Amusing Applications of Ignem : Spells for Moderation

Some Amusing Applications of Ignem : By Marcelius of Flambeau

Trial of the Living Pyre CrIg 30
Requisite: Rego
This spell causes the flesh of the person targeted by this spell to ignite. Whilst the caster concentrates the victim continues to burn, taking +10 damage every round. When the spell ends, the victim will continue to burn naturally; the fat under the skin acting a bit like a wick. Each round the damage will reduce by +2 for a further 5 rounds (i.e. +8 in round 1, +6 in round 2, etc with +0 in round 5 – after which the spell ends). The Rego requisite ensures that only the person’s body burns and that the flames will not spread.
Marcelius of Flambeau had heard stories of men and women who had, apparently, spontaneously burst into flames, and thought it sounded an excellent idea for a spell. His sigil (gory effects) for this spell is particularly gruesome, and few can look upon the results of his handiwork for long.
[B: 10, R: Voice +2, D: Concentration +1, T: Individual; Requisite +1]

Wave of Fiery Ruin CrIg 35
A wave of flame 2 paces high and 3 paces wide race away from a line drawn in front of the caster. The flames move swiftly along the ground, igniting anything flammable as it passes, as far as your voice. Anyone within the flames takes +15 damage.
Marcelius describes this spell as ideal when confronted with a group of people trying to make their way along a corridor. Because of his blatant gift and gory sigil, the effects of his spells tend to be quite disturbing; and this one is no exception.
[B: 15, R: Voice +2, D: Momentary, T: Group +2]

Vile Heat of Vulcan’s Forge CrIg 35
By use of this spell, the temperature of the room rapidly rises to the point at which lead will start to melt. Flammable objects will instantly ignite and any people in the room will take +15 damage every round while they are within. At the end of the spell, the heat diminishes rapidly, but any materials which have been ignited continue to burn naturally.
Marcelius describes many applications of this spell and the results of its use when the occupants are unable to escape.
[B: 10, R: Voice +2, D: Diameter +1, T: Room +2]

The Hidden Flame MuIg 35
Requisite: Terram
This spell transforms all the heat and flames of an object the size of a large campfire into a small silver coin. When the spell duration ends, the flames are suddenly restored causing +15 damage to anyone holding the coin. The flames are hot enough to ignite clothing or dry wood; which start to burn naturally.
“Never overcharge a Flambeau”, writes Marcelius.
[B: 10, R: Voice +2, D: Moon +3, T: Individual]
(The base 10 effect allows fire to be turned into another element, so the requisite is given free)

The Pursuing Flame ReIg 25
Fashions a large campfire into a humanoid shape, which then moves as directed. The figure will ignite any flammable objects it passes, and deliver +10 damage to anyone it connects with. The figure can be made to move quite swiftly, so Quickness – Enc rolls of 6+ are required to avoid contact with the figure. At the end of the spell, the figure simply slumps to the ground, becoming ordinary flame.
Marcelius describes, with dark humour, the fun to be had with apprentices that attend House meetings.
[B: 10, R: Voice +2, D: Concentration +1, T: Individual]

The Pursuing Flame ReIg 25
Fashions a large campfire into a humanoid shape, which then moves as directed. The figure will ignite any flammable objects it passes, and deliver +10 damage to anyone it connects with. The figure can be made to move quite swiftly, so Quickness – Enc rolls of 6+ are required to avoid contact with the figure. At the end of the spell, the figure simply slumps to the ground, becoming ordinary flame.
Marcelius describes, with dark humour, the fun to be had with apprentices that attend House meetings.
[B: 10, R: Voice +2, D: Concentration +1, T: Individual]

I would add +1 for complexity since it is mimicing a humanoid form. Another interesting form of the spell could be:

The Pursuing Flame CrIg(Me) ??
Fashions a large campfire into a humanoid shape that follows simple commands (Hug this person, eat that one, follow them,etc). The figure will ignite any flammable objects it passes, and deliver +10 damage to anyone it connects with. The figure can be made to move quite swiftly, so Quickness – Enc rolls of 6+ are required to avoid contact with the figure. At the end of the spell, the figure simply slumps to the ground, becoming ordinary flame.
[B: ??, R: Touch +1, D: Sun +2, T: Individual, +2 Mentem effect]

See CrIm for a similar spell.

Hmm ... I'm not certain you'd need the +1; the Base 10 ReIg effect specifies fashioning 'a dancing humanoid shape'

I love the idea of making the fire 'intelligent' enough to independently pursue the victim, though forming such an unnatural shape from fire and simulating intelligence might push the level into being a ritual ...

I'm sure I saw an elemental-like spell on this forum (or wiki perhaps) that designed a similar effect.