Soot, A Dragon Blooded Child

Current Sheet will go here

Name: Soot, Child of Katherine and Inferno
Confidence: 1 (4)
Personality Traits: Likes Treasure+3
Characteristics: Com+3, Int+3 Pre+2, Per+1 Str-3 Sta-2 Qik-2, Dex+2
Virtues: Apt Student, Book Learner, Good Teacher, Magical Warder
Inherited Virtues: Mythic Blood, Magical Blood (Dragon)
Flaws: Afflicted Tongue, Blatant Gift, Chaotic Magic, Sheltered Upbringing, Warped Senses (Sensitive Vision), Weakness (Treasure)
Abilities: Low German 5, Athletics 3, Brawl 2, Concentration 2, Awareness 2 (Dragon), Survival 2, Premonitions* 2, Order of Hermes Lore 0 (1) (Apprentices), Magic Theory 0 (1) (Spells), Latin 1 (Hermetic Usage)
*Virtue from the Gift.

Fluff: Soot is the child of the mortal woman Katherine and the very ancient, very powerful dragon, Inferno. She and her half-sister Sparks, a full blooded, dragon were recently sent out of the nest to stand on their own. Inferno is not particularly good at raising children, but the idea of pairs should at least keep acclimation from claiming Sparks. Soot is sickly, even with Inferno's magic dragon blood and human blood don't always mix well. She's sickly and her voices is scratchy and wheezy, her lungs suited to fire instead of speech.

Sheet for game start will go here.

Spells, powers and enchantments as they get developed.

Other misc as it gets developed.

Last reserved post.

So I'm under the impression the character is starting off just before the opening of the arts.

yes, since opening an apprentice's arts (and teaching) were not something done in the past seasons.

Just be aware, my InVi lab total is passable, but not great. [I was surprised to find that I can actually beat 30 by a tiny bit.) I could just barely deal with a major Supernatural Virtue or three minor Supernatural virtues - assuming your associated scores in any related Abilities weren't too high. Plan accordingly.

I was going to pick inherited virtues for the more supernatural parts, to later trigger when appropriate. Probably in response to a high amount of uncontrolled magic. Like warping or a uncontrolled turbulence. Or the next transition in childhood.

And InVi of 30... hmm... I could have a supernatural ability! Any you suggest?
Edit: Now that I think about it it might be frowned upon to get supernatural virtues via the Apprentices rules after opening of the Gift. I figured inherited virtues wouldn't be too bad when compared to swapping virtues, but...

If you do run into trouble, you might be able to get assistance from the community for something as important as opening a promising apprentice. If nothing else, Paphos would likely be willing to help for a season in exchange for a few pawns of vis.

It's a bit cliche, but if you're dragon-blooded you could take a greater immunity to fire.

In the end, I wouldn't take a Supernatural Virtue just to take one. But if one fits the character you have in mind, I wanted you to know where you stood with respect to having your Arts opened.

Proposed Sheet
Name: Soot, Child of Katherine and Inferno
Personality Traits: Likes Treasure+3
Characteristics: Com+3, Int+3 Pre+2, Per+1 Str-3 Sta-2 Qik-2, Dex+2
Virtues: Apt Student, Book Learner, Good Teacher, Magical Warder
Inherited Virtues: Mythic Blood, Magical Blood (Dragon)
Flaws: Afflicted Tongue, Blatant Gift, Chaotic Magic, Sheltered Upbringing, Warped Senses (Sensitive Vision), Weakness (Treasure)
Low German 5, Athletics 3, Brawl 2, Concentration 2, Awareness 2 (Dragon), Survival 2, Premonitions* 2
*Virtue from the Gift.

Fluff: Soot is the child of the mortal woman Katherine and the very ancient, very powerful dragon, Inferno. She and her half-sister Sparks, a full blooded, dragon were recently sent out of the nest to stand on their own. Inferno is not particularly good at raising children, but the idea of pairs should at least keep acclimation from claiming Sparks. Soot is sickly, even with Inferno's magic dragon blood and human blood don't always mix well. She's sickly and her voices is scratchy and wheezy, her lungs suited to fire instead of speech.

Notes on Spark: I was thinking of her as a small flying dragon. Maybe the size of a cat. Grog level if no one else volunteers to play her.

Question: I'm assuming that unmanifested virtues don't count to the required opening total. Although technically they could be replaced with boring virtues and swapped at one of the transitions of maturation.

Um, I thought we were talking about a human apprentice ...

Damn it SPARKS! Sparks is the magical warder, Soot is the apprentice.

transformed human is out- that would make Soot a magical being not a human- that is for things like drowned men. Dragon blooded would be a form of mythic blood.

Seems reasonable. Swapped to Mythic Blood. Details to be decided upon when it manifests. Probably a focus in creating fire and some sort of flame ability.

Don't you need an appropriate virtue to get the skill in Hyperborean Hymnist Psyrinpheu?

That would be the GIfted. You can start with one supernatural ability.

Wow, I never noticed that rule. I'd have definitely taken advantage of it in the past if I had ...

Hmm, I just reread the section on the Gift. At the beginning of the first paragraph it says:

But then the paragraph ends by saying:

So, alas, you don't get another Supernatural Ability unless you take the associated Virtue.

Her arts haven't been opened. She can't cast Hermetic magic yet.