Spring 1202 the trip to Mosul

"money will do just fine" roll com+bargain, unless you plan to be "taken advantage of' for future financial leverage.
After the negotiations he asks "You mentioned our people, but you do not dress in our style, might I ask what happened to you, and what caste you were of?"

[probably gets taken advantage of, rolled a 4 on bargain.

rolled 13 on A.L. Kurdistan to see how much he remembers of the culture from his childhood.]

Information on Yezdi castes, I couldn't find the color symbolism for various castes, so i winged it (apparently it is not used much anymore) aside from the fact they tend not to wear blue because the Iranian word for blue sounds to much like "Satan" and they try to avoid using words that could be misheard that way- not an actual religious proscription, just a cultural adaptation.
https://servantgroup.org/yezidi-castes-culture/#:~:text=Yezidi%20Castes%20and%20Culture%20The%20caste%20system%20in,are%20three%20castes%20—%20Murids%2C%20Pirs%2C%20and%20Sheiks.
FWIW, in my version they also have a Yezdi holy tradition... he would be aware of its existence even though he obviously never initiated.

how do they view magic?

The Yezdi believe that there is no supernatural evil, merely humans who misuse supernatural gifts. This is part of why the infernal has been able to make such inroads with them, but also makes them far more accepting of other realms.

"My parents were Murids. When I was a boy, a man from the west came here, to study and teach. I had a talent, and so he took me as apprentice. We stayed for a little while, but then we went back to the west, to his home. When I became a journeyman, he came back here, and I did not." He shrugs. "But now I've decided to. And I've discovered how much has changed. That man - my master - he is Magrim."

"It sounds like perhaps you should have become Kochek, but what is past is past. I will go later this morning and ask about you master, when you return this afternoon I should have some news at the least. "

Xahansa nods. "I will see you then."

He will explore the streets of Mosul for the day, wandering idly seeing the sights of the city, and seeing if there are more spirits stationed around to do things; then returning to Daryan after lunch.

No other spirits make themselves known to you, and the city is under a level 3 dominion aura in addition to the spirit's warning. When you return to Daryan he informs you of what he has found "Your mentor was taken not by the Emir, but by the court wizard, acting with the Emir's authority. I have found out he is being imprisoned at a Mosque near the old Yezdi center."

"I see. So there is no way to get him released through legal channels, then? How many court wizards does the Emir have in attendance?

"The Emir has one court wizard, though there are, I believe, other wizards who serve that wizard. It is not that it means he cannot be released through legal or diplomatic channels, merely that it is highly unlikely, since the Emir puts a great deal of faith in the Wizard's judgement on supernatural matters"

"Do you know anything about the motives of the court wizard? Is he approachable diplomatically? Do you know why he imprisoned my mentor?"

Daryan shrugs "Very little. He is part of some brotherhood of summoners, I believe some of our people were members as well before the Emir had them run out of town, and the court wizard helped him do so. Our people were run out on religious grounds, as always, but clearly we were not completely run out. My mother, and others with connections remained. I do not know if the wizard is a faithfull Muslim or if he uses the faith to promote himself, there are some who whisper in each direction at the court, as well as some who claim he uses his magic to control the Emir. I do know he considers the city to e his, and forbids all magic within that is not performed by him or his accolytes."

"Can you convey a message to him without risk to yourself? If I ask for a parley with him, could I trust him to speak with me peacefully without trying anything? I want to find a way to free my mentor, but I don't want to make life any more difficult for you or our people."

"I can safely deliver the message, and if he agrees to meet with you he will not ambush you out of hand, but I am sure he will guard against treachery on your part, and if things do not go well may activate those precautions preemptively."

Xahansa shakes his head. "I won't do anything like that. I don't want to provoke him into creating problems for the remaining Kurds in the city. But it may be that he'll allow me to take my mentor away from here, if he promises not to return. And I have obeyed his edict, so far. Please ask for a meeting with him."

He takes a breath in, considers for a moment, then nods " very well. I will get the message to him tomorrow."

"Thank you."

Xahansa will pay up, and head back to the inn. He will basically be "on holiday" for a couple of days, waiting. Wandering a bit, hoping to find a good set of baths, but not doing anything of particular import.

Two days later you receive an invitation, delivered by an anonymous messenger, inviting you to lunch at the hall of the court wizard.

Xahansa will have his clothes cleaned, bathe, and attend.