Spring 1221, Chapter 1B: Bunnies and Burrows

Attravere glances in the direction she looked toward before bolting and presuming he sees nothing there, nods to Sinmore, grabs the milkpail and Rego Corpuses himself after her. He will take care to appear tired after each jump. Once she stops running he'll offer her the pail with a tired smile and ask "Lewis?" in his best tone and accented recreation of how she had said it earlier.

She stops at a little cottage with a chicken coop, and when she sees the magus behind her, she babbles incomprehensibly at him in English.

Attravere is looking for body language, knowing he speaks none of the local language. Signs of emotion. Does she seem angry? Peeved? Scared? Flushed with enthusiasm? Utterly enthralled with Attravere's attractiveness? Does she accept the milkpail?

Does the cottage seem large? Small? Is the chicken coop the only sign of life? Is there a chimney? (Mad cackling from within? The bubbling of a cauldron?) Are there any other beaten paths?

She looks frightened. Considering she's like, 8, she does not seem to have noticed Attravere's... charms. She does take the milk though.

The cottage is small, and there is a trail of smoke escaping from the chimney. No paths that he can see.

Attravere gives her his best re-assuring smile and says "Lewis?" and points at the milkpail.

He's already looking around for nearby spots that he could disappear to/from without being noticeable. Corners, blind spots, things of that nature.

She takes the milkpail and disappears into the cottage.

There are trees about, and shrubs as well.

Sinmore looks around in confusion at the girl's disapearance as well as Attravere's (literal) disappearance.

"Attravere? Ann? What the bloody..!" she growls as she picks up her things and starts heading down the path that she hopes is the right way.

Sinmore can follow after Ann easily without losing sight of her, and comes upon Attravere and the cottage just as the door closes.

Sinmore approaches and lays a hand gently on Attravere's shoulder. "Ye don't speak English eh? Right. Let me see if I can help. Ann? Ann it's me Sinmore. We'd like to talk to Louis if we can. Please we're not here to hurt anyone."

She looks around to see if there's other livestock. "Do ye see any cows?"

No cows around, just the chicken coop.

Ann doesn't emerge, but a middle aged man with nut brown hair opens the door. "What's going on here? Why you folks botherin' me daughter?"

Sinmore smiles what she hopes is a warm smile and waves at the man. "Hello, are ye Louis? Ye have a fine daughter, so smart and charming!" she pauses...why were they here again? She turns to Attravere and speaks in quiet Latin.

"Tell me what ye want, I'll translate."

The man frowns. "No, I'm not. I'm the father of the little girl you've been chasing, and our names are none of your business. Now get off my land." He closes the door abruptly.

"Was that Lewis?" Attravere asks Sinmore.

Sinmore shakes her head and frowns.

"Nay, that was the wee girl's father. And he wants us to leave. Can ye find the way to the cow maybe? I believe she was milking it for her father or for Louis."

"He seemed angry. Can you tell him we'll be on our way if he can give us directions to Lewis?" Attravere asks.

Int check:

Ann was ostensibly returning home from Lewis' when she came across Sinmore; thus it's a fair deduction that should you walk back to Dinas Emrys from here, and continue walking along that same trajectory, you'll probably come across Lewis'.

"Alright." Sinmore says and points back the way they came. "Let's hurry, these people can't help and I'm not in a mood to act like a giant." SInmore sets off at a quick pace by the way they came.

Sinmore gains a Confidence point :slight_smile: And may adjust her personality traits by 1 to reflect restraint, patience, or the like.

"Very well. You'll have to point the way. And lower your Parma. I fear we've lost enough time as it is. Prepare an excuse for suddenly appearing near people, just in case." Attravere will grab a bit of bark from a tree a bit in from the edge of the clearing to Ann's home potential return purposes. Once they're just out of sight of the house, Attravere will Company March the two of them back to the hill (and once there he'll grab half a blade of grass and place it in a pocket) and then transport them in the direction Sinmore points until they are in sight of something that looks like civilization. He's trying to move as quickly as safely possible to teleport them within sighthops that looks clear.

A few bamfs later, the two magi see a barn beside another small cottage. A wisp of smoke curls up toward the sky from a tiny stone chimney.