Spring 1221, Chapter 1B: Bunnies and Burrows

Attravere will try to spont a Call to Slumber (will succeed on anything short of a botch unless we happen to be in a penalty aura of 5+) and prepare to catch the fellow.

"Wait! We can't do that. He won't be able to feed himself!" Attravere lets the fellow down as gently as he can and will leave a silver on some very visible surface. He'll exit the building and follow Sinmore.

"I'm truly sorry. I misjudged this country. If Iapetus was in danger then whatever might have happened has already happened by now." Attravere hangs his head with a sigh and recalls that Sinmore wasn't able to enter the hill.

"Why didn't I think to try that sooner?"Attravere will smack himself in the head with a hand.

"You're strong and a warrior as well as a maga... though it is still a Dragon." He'll pull out a hair to see if it is still blond.

Yep, still blond :slight_smile:

Attravere's intent is to go back to the hill with Sinmore and offer to try to get her inside, noting that it would be powerful magic to do so (ie. warping).

Sinmore was searching around in frustration when Attravere comes back out. "What, now you don't want the damn cow? Fine, tell me what we need to do." Sinmore follows him back to the mound that they had been waiting at.

"We'd best head back to the hill." Attravere sighs.

Once they've returned to the hill (ReCo'ing as often as able).

"So, my thinking was to get an arcane connection from within the hill and use it to transport the both of us inside." Attravere winces. "Unfortunately it is a somewhat powerful spell and would cause a bit of warping for you. I don't know what has happened inside, but when I had returned Iapetus was staring at a seemingly starving Dragon. I'm no hero. The creature was trapped inside a chamber with a doorway too narrow for it to fit through... we might still be able to safely approach. Do you wish for me to try this?"

Sinmore just heaves a big sigh and straps on her sword. "You're certain you can't just change my eyes and hair? But if you can't then let's try it out, a little Warping never killed anyone."

"I wish I could. I'm simply not good enough with Corpus.." Attravere winces.

Once they return to the hill he'll enter by following the audible summon, grab a bit of dirt, listen down the corridor a bit and then ReCo himself back outside using the blade of grass from before. He'll then trudge back outside to Sinmore.

"So, turns out my idea won't work. The inside is a regio."

Sinmore shrugs. "I honestly don't know what to do. If you can't me through there, you probably couldn't get the cow through there either. Can ye lead the dragon out maybe?"

Attravere's eyes go wide and he swallows a sudden lump in his throat.

"That would be quite dangerous. I'll try to find out what happened to Iapetus at the least."

And Attravere will trudge back toward the entry, go down the corridor as quietly (which isn't very) as he can. Once he gets closer to the doorway he'll take the furthest possible position to slowly angle a view in.

When Attravere returns, he finds that the creature descended to the floor. It has rolled over onto its back and is receiving belly scritches from Iapetus.

"Wha- You... huh. How?" Attravere goes through the requisite gestures and facial expressions for it.

Iapetus is still showing the obvious signs of... care. It is not something the Tytalus does often, but his movements as Attravere arrives has an exaggerated slowness to it. "Welcome back, Sodales. It would seem the violence desired by this greedy wyrm was quickly expended. I am getting the impression that it likes my ah... scent? Perhaps my taste? It crackles lightning when it's happy. And when it's angry, upset, eager, or bored." Despite the ease in his words, Iapetus moves slowly, making sure the storm-drake is getting adequate belly-scritches to keep it from spitting Thor's vengeance around.

Perhaps on closer inspection, he definitely has a bit of singing marks on his hair and there's a bit of a 'licked' look to his face.

"Will it be... safe?" Excitement slowly creeps into Attravere's voice and eyes as he very slowly enters the chamber.

"Well, you may not want to try rubbing his belly. But I think safe is a relative term, quite boring." He lets out a bit of a fragile chuckle as he pets the drake. His bravado is still recovering from getting pounce-licked by a lightning dragon.

The lizard abruptly flips back onto all fours, crouches low with a growl, and leaps onto Iapetus, knocking the magus flat on his back.

Though it's obvious she's trying to play (well, not IMMEDIATELY obvious, but what else are changes of pants for?), it'll take a skilled smith a few days to repair Iapetus' armour.

Attravere half gasps, half chokes when Iapetus is knocked prone. Then he'll go completely silent.

The drake gets back up and charges at the doorway. She slams into the small hole, getting her shoulders stuck in the exit. She whimpers pathetically.

Iapetus had just begin to stand back to his feet, before the reptilian beastie pounces back onto him, the sound of his armor being gnawed and clawed is not a particularly welcome sound. As the drake bounds back up and slams into the doorway out, he finally manages to straighten himself, wiping a bit of the tongue-licking saliva off of his face. "I admit, I am not entirely sure how to treat this situation, friend Attravere. My instinct is to free the drake, but it might ravage the countryside. ANd I don't know how things would affect the Vis source."

Whatever you choose to do, choose soon. Will be wrapping up this chapter ASAP.

Attravere nods in acknowledgement of the dangers of freeing the creature.

"You two seem friendly. Do you have any intention of bonding with it as a familiar? I would have a hard time imagining justification for releasing it otherwise."

"As to the vis source, if it was freed then the source would be altered in nature, but there would still be the other part. Such action would likely cause us some hassle with the tribunal overseers, as they officially own all the vis sources."

"And speaking of the other part, we should go look in on it... but first..." Attravere will slowly walk over to the largest part of the cocoon that he can reach and seek to fat-spont Sense the Nature of Vis on it. (CT (10+Stress Die+Aura)/2 vs. Tar = 5)

If there is vis in the cocoon he'll seek to concentrate it in a small part to take along, otherwise he will grab some small ball of it anyway to try and figure out what happened. He'll seek to discretely get into the hall and check further down on the other Dragon, with Iapetus if able.