spring 1230 into the magic realm

He tilts his head "Generally town, but I expect you wish a more formal name. I believe the last name I recall being used was Helgafjell."

"HEL - Gah FyEll?" sounds out Bartomeus after hearing the answer. "Curious name. Sounds rather Germanic rather than Latinate."

"The latin words people use aren't really part of our language, they just sort of crept into usage."

"If I might ask, since you said you were now retired, I'm curious: what do most of the people here do by way of commerce and trade for their livelihood?" asks Bartomeus politely

"Livelihood? We don't... we take classes. Some teach."

Anastasia is obviously interested in the concept of ghosts doing teaching. "What kind of classes do you hold?"

"Religious of course, need to learn about the afterlife before we move on to the next level. Classes are 10 vis per season."

"The next level? Is this place a kind of Academy then? A Theological School?" asks Bartomeus as he continues to study the man. Aurelius has wandered a bit away, hunting along the foundation of a nearby house.

"This is a resting place, a community center where we prepare ourselves for the journey ahead"

"You charge ten vis per season to every resident of this town?"

"I am a student, not a teacher. I suppose those who do not wish to advance don't have to take the class, but they gain more than the cost of the class."

"How long will you study before forging ahead with that journey?"

"I don't know, how long have I been here?"

"Who ruled over Rome while you were alive?"

"Ancus Marcius"

7 on a check of int+ roman tribunal area lore to see if she know the specific name.

It is not one she is familiar with.

King, Senator, Emperor or Pope?

Bartomeus continues to listen carefully to the student as they speak together.

After Anastasia's line of inquiry, the Bonisagus asks, "Would it be possible for you to introduce us to one of the teachers?"

"King of course, what is a Pope, or senator?"