Spring 1290 journey to Europe

Tastheus will take Malachi with him.

Aban will suggest to Atys that they might accompany each other.

Malachai heads off with Tastheus before the rest of the group is done being sorted out, and heads for the inn the redcaps have recommended. He speaks softly and quickly and Tastheus finds himself presented with a second dinner at the inn while his room is made ready. When he is finished he is guided up to the room where a young woman rests seductively on his bed.

1 Like

Plasmatoris is also interested in staying with the Redcaps, since he doesn't want to deal with people who he can't easily talk to safely - and it seems there's no unGifted to acompany him and talk to the mundanes for him.

The redcaps also recommend an inn run by a family fluent in Arabic for Aban.

The day after, Aetherius returns to see the redcaps. He explains they're looking a covenant member who's been missing. He gives the name and description details of the date and ship he left Cairo aboard. He explains that he believes he intended to transit to Provence from here, but he's not 100% sure if it's a direct route or if his plans changed. He asks for assistance to see if they have any records of his passage here.

Malachai seemed to want to throw a whole party for young Tytalus and Tastheus let him. The youthful freshness of the fairy envoy annoyed his companions slightly, but was actually doing the magi a lot of good. Little by little, he was recovering from his recent ordeals, through the boy in a way.
As for the proposal for the night... it seemed to Tastheus that it had been years since he had been able to enjoy the body and soft curves of a woman by his side.
Clearly the young magi was going to enjoy his whole night if he could afford it.

By strange coincidence (then again there are faeries involved, so it might not be coincidence at all) the woman Tastheus spent the night with knew your covenant's missionary Cathar (not in this professional capacity) and when he last spoke with her he was headed to Paris, where he had planned to stay with a cousin of hers who had been brought back to the estate of a French nobleman.

Tastheus takes his time to get as much information as possible about the place of residence in question. The name of the owner, its location and the name of the -certainly charming- cousin. In short, all the information that could be useful to continue their road and their tracking.

Aban collapses into bed, happy to be comfortable for a change.

The next morning, he seeks out the others to discuss how they should proceed.

The cousin is staying at the estate of one Jaques DeFontaine, who was stationed in Sicily until his father died when he returned home to his Paris estate to rejoin his wife and family and brought her cousin Jamila back with him. She isn't certain what her cousin's official role in the household is since she hasn't heard from her in a few years.

Tastheus will take his time to spend a pleasant and warm night with the woman, happily enjoying her charms and expertise.
In the morning, he will meet up with his companions to explain that, thanks to Malachai's intervention, who introduced him to a very charming lady-in-waiting, he has found the trail of their perfecti. The latter is said to be with a certain "Jacques Defontaine" in the vicinity of Paris.

"That's unexpected of Malachai. Pleasantly unexpected, I would say. Nice work kid. How would that lady-in-waiting know where our perfecti is, anyway?"

He seems to be gone with her cousine, it's how she knows about him and about his destination.

"Do you think she could be persuaded, in exchange for some generous compensation, to accompany us and contact said cousin of hers? I suspect it's going to be an easier conversation for her than a bunch of gifted fellows speaking latin knocking at a noble's estate trying to see if he has a servant girl or mistress at his estate. I suspect she's less likely to be thrown out up front."

Maybe we can try, yes. I have no issue for my part to have this pretty woman with us. That would be... pleasant... for sure.

Tastheus turns to Malachai

"Do you think it's possible, Malachai ? Having her with us would be useful and will certainly help me to be less... grumpy."

The last word was pronounced with a amused smile. Surprisly, Tastheus seems to be happier than usual this morning.

Malachai agrees to present your proposal to the woman, and brings back her response shortly, when will need an hour to pack her things and then she will be happy to accompany you.

so, let us the time and go, sodales

The woman arrives at the redcap inn a couple hours later with enough luggage to load down the flying disk single handedly.

"Nice of you to join us, mylady. We're traveling by magic means, so you won't need a year of luggage with you, going to Paris should take two or three days at most. In fact this much luggage will prevent us ftom moving. Then finding your cousin and the Perfecti. And we can bring you back here if you want. Can I suggest picking some essentials and storing the rest? You'll be well rewarded for your help..."