Stupid Question number one: Researching regios

I'm a newbie to GMing ARS MAGICA and I'm scrambling to get up to speed on everything as my campaign begins, so please expect several stupid questions in weeks to come.

Stupid Question number one concerns the section on Original Research in the Bonisagus section of TRUE LINEAGES.

P 27 under HERMETIC BREAKTHROUGHS it gives the example of the abilty to walk through different levels of regiones without the use of spells. But having read what it says in the main rule book about regiones the use of spells is not mentioned at all as a way of navigating them. So what gives? Why is this that big a deal? Persons with Second Sight and a little ingenuity can find their way around regiones with no trouble...

Not everyone's got second sight, and this also requires a roll, which you may fail.

PIERCING THE FAERIE VEIL
R: Per, D: Conc, T: Vision.
This spell allows the caster to see through the boundaries of regiones, and therefore divine the path to the next level (more details about regiones are given on page 189). There are separate but related spells for Divine, Magical and Infernal regiones.
(Base 3, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)

Add to the list of things I want in the core book: better crossreferencing. (Although it might be better to wish for a hyperlinked version on a CD....)

Add to the list of things I want in the core book: better crossreferencing. (Although it might be better to wish for a hyperlinked version on a CD....)

Mmmmm... instareference. Cool idea. I'm new enough to Ars Magica to especially appreciate aids to referencing.