Summer 1229 a letter from Bartomeus

"Then let me rephrase that, to be clear. He wrote us letters. Those letters can be used as Arcane Connections, if it hasn't been too long, to this Bonisagus. Using that Arcane Connection, we can figure out how to send him a message. Now, if he is inside an Aegis, having the AC will be helpful to penetrate the Aegis, so that the message can reach him. And all this without caring where he is at the moment, and without scrying on him."

"Fair enough. A possible avenue to research to keep in mind, I suppose. I do master the intangible tunnel, however it is frankly easier for me to harm him at a distance than talk to him. If I did have the spells, I'm not sure testing the integrity of his magical defenses is the best way to introduce yourself to a potential ally. I would tend to shoot back and ask questions later, myself."

Kriegeist watches the back and forth for a bit, then sighs. "If he was stupid enough to send correspondence that was an arcane connection to him, or in fact to anything, then I don't think we should accept him.

I think we have four options - wait here and send him a message to get here as quickly as he can; head to Brescia and see how he likes surprises; choose a midpoint and have him meet us there, or ignore him. I propose we simply vote. Myself, I vote for the first option."

"I vote for option 3."

Schwartz, "Where is he? I can go and fetch him. Where would you like to meet? Waiting for Redcaps to deliver the message is fine, but I don't want to waste more time, and a season getting to this meeting."
"I suggest we at least meet with him, he might have more to say than what he stated in the letter."

"Brescia, he says. I'm sure the redcap knows the precise location. If you can help him travel quickly that sounds like a vote to wait here?"

Schwartz replies: "I can get to him quickly, I can't get him back here quickly. That is why I am asking where we are to meet. And meeting on the grounds of another covenant may be unwise."

Kriegeist shrugs, "I suppose we don't want to publicize that we're considering someone new, but otherwise we're away from mundanes and protected by an Aegis, it seems like the best option. If you know of a good midpoint, we could wait there instead, but there isn't much, just mountains, between here and Brescia."

"I've proposed the Copper Rooster Inn run by House Mercere in Basel as a waypoint not too far from the covenant he should be able to find where we could wait on him."

Kriegeist says, "Fine. I withdraw my suggestion to stay here, a redcap inn is a great meeting place, let's do that."

Elia says "I'm in favor"

Any instructions before I am on my way? (Schwartz gets location and landmark info from redcap)

To Schwartz, "Not from me. I guess we'll meet you at the inn after your trip to Brescia. Kriegeist, Elia, anything before he leaves?"

Kriegeist shakes his head. "See you there."

It takes Shwartz one day to reach the covenant in the Roman tribunal and deliver the message. Crossing the alps to meet at the copper rooster by Bartomeus (assuming no magical travel) will take 25 days.

Schwartz will attempt a charm to travel to the copper rooster inn, based on the description given, after they have been on the road for a day or so.

I suppose I should have made Swartz roll to get there first- he would require 2 charms- one to reach a faerie regio, and another to reach the mundane location- you cannot use Arcadian travel between two points in the mundane realm directly. So he basically will need to roll 4 times- both for making the charms and for using them to travel.

He missed getting to his destination (roll total of 11). He will need to look for a Fairie Regio then, if he will have to roll 4 times. I thought he had to make a charm for his final destination, then roll once to enter a regio, and again to escape it? Four rolls means it simply isn't possible, without much higher skill levels.
I thought he could also look for pre-existing Trods? He will need to roll up until he gets to a Communication + Music skill level of 7 or so.

It's all spelled out in HoH:MC p. 92- "A mundane destination can only be
reached by fi rst traveling to a level of a
regio above it, and the more removed
from reality the destination, the more diffi cult it is to open the trod, as shown in
the following chart"

Not sure where you got the idea about pre-existing Trods, or why you would expect them to conveniently go where you are wanting to go- so you would need a charm for the covenant you are traveling to (or a place nearby), one for an intermediary regio (which is permanent can be used twice) and one for the inn which is your final destination. then you would need to make a travel roll for each of the four trips (to a regio, to the covenant, back to the regio, and to the inn).
Finding a pre-existing trod would be something that would be the outcome, and perhaps the motivation for, a story of its own.

He is flying to meet Bartomeus. He would then look for a regio on his way back. From what I could tell, it could be a Magic or Fairie Regio. "For the purposes of evaluating the modifier for a supernatural aura, you may treat this as either a Fairie or Magical power, taking the more beneficial effect." p.92 Mystery Cults.
If he his traveling from a regio to the destination, would he need a roll to create the charm for his final destination, and a roll to exit the regio?
I got the idea about finding a Trod from the description of opening a trod, and the statement that they exist. I didn't think I would find one to my actual destination, but maybe close? "I should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque." Bugs Bunny.