Summer 1229- The tribunal meets

Schwartz, "I did not mean to offend. Just trying to assess what you were offering, in case I ran across anyone who might be interested. Of course there would need to be a bond between the cat and the mage, how else would the familiar bond be formed?"

Are there any cat's present? Does Schwartz see them?

Kriegeist approaches the young magus. "My condolences on the loss of your mentor. What were his areas of research?"

Anastasia appears skeptical that magic tapping on the divine is not in service to it, but exchanges with the mystagogue to see if she provides a better explanation for what the cult is about.

The mystagogue will say no more, and claims you are trying to gain her secrets without the proper preperation.

There are no cats in this room, what might be where he is sleeping is unknown. "If you decide you are interested in a cat, do come and see me. Perhaps your curiosity is more personal that you are ready to admit."

"Thank you, honestly I don't know for certain what all of the things are, he might have been a horder or a seeker. Maybe both. I have everything on display down at the camp site, a couple of grogs are looking after things there, and you can place bids here, by lot number"

Kriegeist's curiosity is piqued, he will head out to the site and look around. Once he's there, he will activate Gaze of Magic, but if there are any non-grogs around he will warn them first and offer to share his findings.

Gaze of magic inflicts warping, it doesn't detect magic...

Oops, I meant Gaze Upon Magic. Familiar bond enchantment

You utilize it, and do manage to catch a trace of a ReTe spell used to transport the items. The effect detects active or recently active magic, not enchantment.

What kind of stuff is there?

Anastasia will politely thank the mystagogue for her time then, and move on.

Schwartz, "Well now I want to meet the cat. How can I accomplish that?"

Elia looks at him, and nods. "Very well, if you think it's a way to assess, fine. But my skills go well beyond just Longevity Rituals, as my tradition's reputation probably tell you."

"Your tradition?" He walks over and reads the smaller writing on your placard. "Still that has little to do with longevity rituals."
Initiative of 9

"There's more to the life of a Magi than just Longevity Rituals. And far more ways to keep himself or herself safe, or those of his companions."

Initiative 10, attack total 26

Defense total:31, attack total:30
"I do not disagree, but here and now we are selling longevity rituals, this is my craft, this is where I have focused my energies"

"Sounds like you're more upset about a new competition than here to test my skills."

Defense Total 23. Resistance total 6.

"Not upset, just confirming the predominance of my abilities."

weakening total:13 (2 fatigue levels)

"Alright, you've proven your predominance. Can we each go back to our own business?"

He raises an eyebrow "You don't want to finish the competition?"
OOC: If you choose not to roll an attack he will

Elia graciously bows to him "As I conceded, you've proved yourself better than me in those Arts. and i see no point in continuing this charade."

Elia refuses to continue the certamen. She will refuse to even raise a defense if he attacks.