Table Chatter

Idem ditto ^^

I think we lost Morphiste/JeanMichelle and Caelarch who was building a character :slight_smile:

I think you're right, Exar.

Honestly, I'm wondering whether this game is worth continuing. I haven't been able to get any firm commitment from the RL folk I've invited, and if we're losing online participants, then I suspect it's time to say 'thanks for playing' and wind it up.

What do you think?

I think: if you and me are still here, that can be a good adventure too. And if both of us go on, we can let a "requesting players" flag in Ars Magica recrutment for players forum, at same time as we play.

But if you don't like the idea of being 2 on this adventure... then it's sad: i liked the tone of the posts.

Actually, I am still there. RL will be busy until about mid-September (baby starts getting off the floor; house to build,; new job to start, football worldcup going well for Germany so far), but I'll try my best.

In this scene, I saw no reason for Morphiste to intervene yet (I thought she was circling in bird shape) - mass melee combat is a dangerous thing and I didn't want to risk my character just to slay an enemy redshirt. I was also waiting for Caelarch's move.

I will be slow this summer - but I am still here.

Oh that's a good news!

It certainly is! Congratulations on your new job, by the way, and good luck with your new house. At least the world cup thing won't be eating into your valuable gaming time any more. :laughing:

Fair enough that Morphiste is keeping her distance, though don't forget that Wodin is presumably at the beachhead by now. Also (and this goes for everyone else, as well), you might like to consider letting your characters get temporarily NPC-ed if you know you're going to be away for a while. I'm happy to run them with conditions, e.g:

Wodin (to pick an example) will:
defend himself, the magi and other companions
engage enemy leaders who don't seem invincible
retreat with the magi if things get too hairy.

BTW: Aww, nice! Have you got a picture you'd like to share?

This is my little one at her first birthday party last month.

Cute :slight_smile:

Quick note:

What about this damage die?
I think when you attack, you roll a die for attack, then for damage, you only use: attack advantage + base damage - soak.
The roll (attack and defend) are only done to calculate if touching and attack advantage.

I posted that here, because there is no real deal, but i think it's good either you take note of it, either you provide me a rule link, because i'm not aware of such rule ^^.

Otherwise, with this die, that means attacking is lethal in much case...

I checked my books and you are slap bang on the money (again). 'Scuse me while I edit my post.

No big deal :wink:.

Taiaut!

Exar, I'm going to split Vance's magic working up over two rounds, if that's okay. Freezing water = fine. Moving ice = fine too, but they're two different tasks, as far as I'm concerned.

No problem.

Exar, would you like to take over one or more of the grogs for a while? If you don' tthink Vance has much left to add, they'll let you stay involved. Their stats are here.

I've NPC-ed Wodin temporarily, just to keep things moving at the beach. JeanMichelle, jump in and run him whenever you like!

Eclecticon: it's nice to keep grogs for my use, but as they act as a trained unit, i think it's unappropriate :wink:.

Just a quick note to say that i'm in GMT+1 (or +2 in summer time) time zone, so do not expect messages during my night ^^(cf the two last messages from (my time zone) 2h52 and 5h17).

Not sure if you want(ed) that i go on to play Padget. And i don't recall what we planned with the barn :smiley:

Nah, you weren't that interested in Padget to begin with, so now that you've got your own companion, you can be free of him. Do take Old Sean, though. The way his stats worked out, he can't fight in a group with the rest of them in any case, so he may as well be Vance's shield grog for a while. By the way, where exactly was Vance heading when he left the beach?

The barns are full of cattle, which can be stampeded towards the raiders if you spook them enough.

Vance was heading toward the village. I had the idea to set him on a top hill so that he could summon water to drown all the men under his height. (I do thinkg there was "hills" and "dunes" so when i'm on a top hill, with a single way pass, i'd call the grogs for retreat (and Morphiste?) so that i can try to summon a huge flood of water !