Table talk (Bibracte)

Well, good reconnaissance and intelligence can make a battle plan obsolete. Then again, there is murphy's rules of combat. The primary of which, IMO, is no OPLAN survives initial contact.

don't worry, it's not that uncommon ... happens to everyone :laughing:

Fiona can probably help him with that.

Jacques will do it but I'll need some time to catch up on the thread.

For those you that like computer games I'm going to recommend one called Crusader Kings II. You can play ANY noble from Baron up to Emperor in Europe starting at 1066 to 1454( end game). By any I do mean any. From Ireland to the Byzantine Empire. Every duchy and kingdom is mapped out. It is a strategy game like Civ but the goal is to make sure your line survives. It is a lot of fun for Ars Magica fans :smiley:

rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01 ... i-preview/

Alexei is looking for some assistance in this thread.... I'll merge this back into the Joust thread when it's done...

I've got a stomach bug. I haven't been doing too much.

I don't see the issue... Don't you have enough CrCo to fix it? :slight_smile:

Seriously, get better.

Sadly, I'm out of Creo and Corpus vis.

Hope you're feeling better, I've had multiple table top games cancelled lately to that bug.

Possible intro points for new characters are the Normandy Tribunal and also at the upcoming Grand Tribunal...
The Grand Tribunal isn't as far away as it might seem...

I created this thread for those times when you can't post in the joust thread, and then I'd combine the two when it's all done.

Saw the Hobbit is weekend. I really like the book and the movie did not disappoint. Is it exactly like the book? No. But the story is there and the visualization is great. I highly recommend see it.

Totally agree, lot of fun. Making it into 3 movies...that could be tough.

So. March 4th, I'm moving back to Texas. I already have a job lined up (going back to my old job that I had when I came up to Pennsylvania to help my parents, especially my dad), and housing. My last day at McDonald's (God willing, ever) is February 16.

I won't be taking most of my stuff with me, I'll be leaving it here, probably boxing a lot of it up so it will be easier to move when Mom moves to Houston in a few years (or dies, but I'm hoping the former). So that gives me about two weeks to get everything squared away up here and ready to move. I'm definitely taking/shipping all my Ars books (because I kind of need those).

The down side is that my new job is full-time 40 hours a week (but it's an office job, so that's okay), and I don't have a car so I'll be on the bus. So my online time is going to be significantly curtailed, to probably an hour or three during the week, and most of the day on weekends (down from most of the day all the time now).

Which, unfortunately, means I'm going to have to curtail my playing and prioritize my playtime starting in mid-March when I actually start working again. I'm hoping I don't have to quit any of my three active sagas, but that's a possibility :frowning: .

So. Yeah. That's what's going on with me.

Well, this is good news for you! I'm glad to see you getting away from the Golden Arches Supper Club, and also back to what you were doing! Good luck, and if you're worried about reducing your posting frequency here, don't be!

I'll have somewhat limited access over the next few days. Not sure how limited: I've got a 4-hour drive to a client site, and I'll be working pretty steadily over there for several days (late nights, weekend, the lot), but I should be able to get on at least occasionally.

JL, can you please invite "cunningrat" to join the campaign on Obsidian Portal? Existing account, I just haven't touched it in years. :smiley:

(Yes, I'm stuck at a client site and bored to tears. Can you tell? :smiley:)

Does that mean we should change our name to Mons Eisley?

Dear Murphy,

I write to you regarding one Alexei von Kroitsau, magus Flambonis. Please feel free to disregard anything this man says completely and thoroughly from this day forward. Certainly don't take anything he says as a personal challenge.

Love and kisses,
--Stultus Maximus