Table talk (Bibracte)

Alexei is quite an enjoyable fellow no doubt, but he ain't no Pagan!

That's why we needed an Aquam Summa.

@Peregrine & qcipher : of course. 8)

qcipher, do you want someone to play your grog in your story...
Oh and I changed the name of the thread... :slight_smile:

That'd be great, we have 2 available, though I'd prefer Michelle to be run instead of the Page.

Page has a red shirt on him, just in case anyone gets an idea...

This is open to anyone who wants to do it, new players, too. Until someone instills a lot of personality into a grog, I consider them to be utility players able to be run by anyone.

Oh, and if you think it's a lot to read up on, you can start on page 6 of the thread. Everything before that is not related to the story that's underway.

So who wants the red shirt of uh...honor?

Not every red shirt died. Scotty did very well.

Did I misunderstand, you want to run Michelle or you want someone else to run Michelle?

Someone else could if they like. Otherwise I'll just keep puppeting him.

Ok, go ahead and advance the story until someone steps up. And in this case, I'd expect Alexei to talk since they are together.

Hitsumei, jebrick and chicoazian: there will be a Tribunal in summer of 1221. Let me know if you want your characters to attend. Also there is a tournament, with various games (as detailed in The Lion and The Lilly). Also let me know if you want to particpate in any of the games. You can enter as a covenant and sort out who's competing for which game at a later time.

If you're interested in Certamen, check out an Unfriendly competition and the Coming to dinner threads, the 2nd and 7th place finishers from previous years are there, and Alexei dealt with #7.

Yes, Fieltarn will attend, certainly. I'm interested in politics too.

As for the games (I don't have tL&tL), I might be interested too. Either as a participant (depends of the nature of the games) or as an enthusiastic onlooker; After all, this peculiar custom of Normandy is surely the occasion for magi to reveal some of their usually subdued/hidden urges. (and no, no dirty thinking here, not this time :stuck_out_tongue: )

Sneak peak at year two...
1221.1 A Turbulent Matter -Alexei
1221.t All Politics Is Local -Tribunal
1221.2 March of the Primi -Korvin (this one happens after the Tribunal and Tourney, but in the summer)
1221.3 All the Leaves Are Brown -Filtarn
1221.4 Hazy Shade of Winter -Jormungund
1221.5 You Put Your Big Foot In, You Put Your Big Foot Out -Fiona
1221.6 Greed, For Lack of a Better Word -Onesiphorus

.5 and .6 aren't princeps stories.

I plan on attending. I am working on the Intro for Korvin now. i hope to have him at the covenant in 3rd season of 1220

I had worked a bit of a story about creating another lab, instead of trying to do that two more times, I'm going to handwave the labs a bit.

Apollodorus hires the crew that built the labs for everyone before to come back and build out the labs for Korvin and Jormungund. The costs are paid out of things that I hadn't created, yet. If anyone wants to object to this in character, feel free to start a thread. I'm not interested in telling a story of adding new members of equal rank to the covenant. If you guys are interested in vigorous discussion along these lines in character, let me know and it can be hashed out in the 1221 council thread. Otherwise, I'd like to just assume that the new magi joined by acclimation.

If Alexei is able to attend the Tribunal and the games he will, but he might be Princeps at the time, not sure.

Nope, everyone can attend Tribunal, if interested.

Also, in the Normandy, the Tribunal happens in the early summer because of the Tourney.

Xander's research better be pretty important...Alexei is not all that inclined to kill a father and kidnap his son.

Just out of curiosity if you don't mind, does milites duties involve something like a feodal, "for life" vows of obediance? Or do they lend their services one deal at a time, on a more... bargaining basis?

Mechanically it's a story flaw, meaning whether Alexei cooperates or not with the MIlites stuff will happen. But they are an order of Flambeau that strive to be knightly, so he follows orders like a knight will, many of the services they provide are to the Order itself.