Table talk (Bibracte)

That would seem to be an issue to be resolved via certamen...

~sticks his head in through the window~

Hey, I offered! This "SG's character" stuff is for the birds. You think it's hard running two characters? Try running the entire universe and still giving your character decent air time.

~leaves~

This is why I haven't even tried. Mufarjj is my only limited attempt at an SG run character. I can't even contemplate adding a magus (Apollodorus doesn't count) that I develop and run.

I've had a death in the family so I will be limited in my communication until next week.

Just wanted to be clear to the new players. You have a +1 sized lab. You can choose to have something done with that +1, or take spacious as the free virtue.

So, I'd like to bring a magus into play. A Tytalus, styled like this. If I do this, can someone step up with some stories for him?

Did we have a chance to pre-customize thru correspondence, and/or its location?

To some degree. Don't go crazy.

Bueller? Bueller?

After several years of being in deteriorating health, multiple emergency room visits this year, a month-long nursing home stay for rehab (from which he he returned home just before Halloween), and a brief hospital stay this week, my father passed away last night at the age of 78. While far from unexpected, it certainly caught us by surprise.

I don't know yet how (or if) it's going to affect my online presence (I'll try to be as active as I have been, since escapism has always been my coping mechanism), but I'm going to wait a few days at least before piling anything else on my plate.

I'm really sorry about your loss.
And take care of yourself and your family. We can wait.

I could try running a story or two I figure. I don't have the Lion and the Lily though so that could cause an issue or two.

I'm going to change this up a bit, 1221.4 is going to Fieltarn and 1221.3 is going to Jormungund. 1221.3 is turning out to be shorter than I expected and 1221.4 is longer than I expected. The characters can be changed, but the timing of certain events cannot be easily changed.

Winter's night are longer, days shorter. All the better for me. :smiley:

Just like to get the grog and companion participation up a bit.
Would like someone to play Ivor (if no one place him, he'll be staying in Loch Leglean). Again, I reiterate my statement, he can be reworked, aged a bit if you think he'd be interesting to play. Heck, you can redo all of his Virtues and Flaws, except for the ones related to the Giants.

I see numerous opportunites for grogs and companions in stories in 1221. If you've got some ideas out there, feel free to jump on it.

Also, if anyone wants to create grogs for Atsingani, either as a vassal or as new grogs coming with the magi who were of Atsingani, there's potential there.

I'll post a prospective sheet sometime soon for everyone to comment on, regarding the companion I've been drafting, as mentioned there. Actually considering his past, him coming from Atsingani's ranks would be sort of logical.
Edit : Unless other players would be uncomfortable with the idea, of course.

I'll think about devising 2-4(?) grogs too.

The missing hand makes him an almost useless blacksmith... This is one of those "or greater" situations.
And he would be Atsingani because he doesn't have anyplace else to go, if am I correctly understanding what you've sketched out.

If you're willing to wait a week or two, I'm willing to rework Ivor and play him. Sorry for the time-delay; I've been reluctant only because I know I can't keep up with some people's posting rates - I have good days but I'm not consistent enough.

Peregrine has a very frequent posting rate, and one of the things that I've done with this saga is try and keep frequent posters occupied. I want to keep a careful balance between players. A frequent poster is more easily able to take a companion on a slow posting player's magus story.

I'm not saying you can't take Ivor, but I'm going to let Peregrine have a bit of a say in this. Ivor is currently setup as a bruiser, which suggests combat, which means a relatively high posting rate, unless you don't mind someone taking combat actions on your behalf to keep things moving along for the primary player.

I can do it as well. I do not even need to rework the character.