Table talk (Bibracte)

Well, if that is so, fine! I'm reassured.
I just hope this'll come to an end, and that you'll have a fine house in which to live. Although, as it goes, with you changing one thing after the other, it's gonna be entirely new by the time you're finished :laughing:

Does Claude speaks Latin? :mrgreen:

I'll try to come up with an idea or two.

Thing is, so many magi to do, so little time! :laughing:

I don't believe so, but I think Brionne can be an intermediary, so can Carmine (she speaks French). Carmine could certainly assert command. However, she won't, I don't want her to do so.

To provide some context, Isen is in charge, unless Amul want's to try and let Viscaria issue orders. Carmine is deferring to Isen, out of respect for Apollodorus. While she's known Apollodorus longer, her interests, as well as Andru's have been achieved, she is simply repaying a debt to Apollodorus (if it can be repaid). She could just as easily destroy Marcus now and take off, but Apollodorus wants to rescue him, so she's going to do that, if it is possible. Everything else that happens in between is up to his covenant-mates. If you should decide that it's not worth trying to rescue Marcus, then she'll "fry" him.

I try really hard to let characters come up with their own motivations for action, presenting circumstances. This is what I feel is Carmine's motivation, given the present circumstances. And I'll also remind you that no one present in The Lost Boys knows that Apollodorus has fallen, so giving up needs a pretty heavy justification!

That's what she said! badumbish

Claude speaks only French. It is a great problem for Jolanda who speaks only Italian and is in love with Cluade ( probably because she can not understand what he is saying)

Hello again

I have decided to close my own sagas now but I will try to keep this saga as a sort of Ars related therapy. Onesiphorus is sadly in scrambles so I am considering revamping the magus and just keep the name and house. This will take some time but perhaps enough for me to start my new job. Anyone having troubles with Onesiphorus changing somewhat? I will try to recover what is but for the moment it is a bit difficult just getting hang of the numbers and see where I left off.

/MAx

Max,
You're more than welcome to stay. It's up to the troupe as to how much retooling you can do for Onesiphorous. My opnion, since he hasn't played much is that he could be entirely redone. You can redo him from scratch up to 30 years, post gauntlet, and then you can advance him for the 2 years 1220 and 1221, and make plans for 1222. You won't get many xps for the 1220 princeps season, but you'll get some.

1222 is kinda stalled at some point in the summer, I'm not pushing events past summer of 1222 until the stories there are resolved. I believe, but i'd have to go back and look that Onesiphorous has a princeps season in 1222, it can be handwaved or I can do a story for that season for him.

1222 summer and later is going to see a huge political schism developing within the Order. Apollodorus was effectively unmasked and had been previously identified as an agitator by House Guernicus due to his hobby of investigating the House's tendency to cover up issues. His subsequent assassination, which took place in The Fall of Night is going to have repurcussions for the forseeable future. Whether the political schism develops into something more confrontational remains to be seen.

For what it's worth Brionne speaks German pretty well (3 with a specialty in understanding orders) and speaks French as a native, Isen speaks German better than French right?

There are multiple ways to make the orders clearer, I think. It's a matter of determining what to do. Save the prisoners now, or try and save them later. Like I said in the thread, I'm leaving them in the cage, everyone knows that they'll be excess baggage that has to be dealt with in some way.
Let them out and force them to flee out of the cave.
Let them out and bring them along
Leave them and try and come back for them, one way or another (they're not far from the entrance.
Leave them, period.

There is baggage here whichever way it is handled...

Yes. That is, better than nothing anyway :wink:
I believe he as German at -2 or -3, which should be a score or 2 or 3

To be clear: In Isen's mind, if the prisonners stay in the cages, they'll die. Period. If they come with us, we won't be able to protect them. Better to free them and force them out of the cave, at least they've got a chance, even if we find ourselves unable to take them with us afterwards.
So, currently, Isen is doing just this, even if he's alone in this. He's all "man of action vs undecisive people"

So I've been ruminating on this for a while. Woolgathering, if you prefer.
I'm only going to apply this reasoning to this one spell (Burrowfingers). Call it a spell that doesn't fit within the hermetic framework, an accidental discovery, whatever. Like you, I don't like the idea that it works this way for the form of Terram, but I like how it works for this particular spell. We can also say that Viscaria has never stopped to consider that this spell shouldn't be possible under Bonisagus Theory. Given her imbued with the Spirit of Terram background, I think it makes a bit of sense and adds complexity and richness to the story, without being overly powerful since it applies only to this spell.

What thinkest the troupe?

Okay

(Stupid spam filter that blocks you when you make posts in rapid succession!)

Ok. Reading the 3 threads... And one reaction: Holy Shit!

Well done, jonathan, I'm quite enjoying this :smiley:
(Too bad I've not yet developed my other spells :frowning:)

What the Hell? Garus is dead?! Hell to pay!!! :imp:

Originally...
Apollodorus and Garus were going to be assassinated at Grand Tribunal. They were going to part of the Fane of the Founders ritual, but both would've been dead and the Ritual would have been cancelled or forgotten in the ensuing turmoil...

A pretty awesome Creo Imaginem Certamen.

Trying to catch up.

Keep in mind, while I am catching up, that Viscaria is Brave-2, so she's not likely to take the lead. She's here because she thought she had seen war.

I'm going to be running Korvin's visit to Phoenix. I'm unclear on what exact season that happens in. From the Seasonal Activities thread, it could either be 1221.Winter, or 1222.Spring? Or am I completely wrong?

Amul, this should answer the question...
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=8615&p=125608#p125608

And for reference, those who left Phoenix for Gallus Florensis (Cygna, Claudia, Celestria, and Daniella the English Jewess maidservant, as well as Hiems and his entourage) left Phoenix in Spring of 1221, shortly after the Tribunal.

Of my people, One-Eyed Maria is still there, as is Abdul al-Faisal the merchant. Terrence (Cygna's shield-grog) was killed in a skirmish with bandits a couple of years ago.

Oh, useful to know, if GF is part of the campaign world :slight_smile:

Honestly, half the reason I'm running this is to give Phoenix an epilogue.