Table talk (Bibracte)

Happy returns!

Quick question about Language Exposure: the house rule only changes the Source Quality for learning the local language, not the occasions when you can pick up Exposure XP in Local Language?

From the HR thread:

You can take 1 source of exposure XP every season. Whether it is French OR MT because of lab activity is up to you. Does that answer the question?

But only in seasons where I do not gain XP from any other source, correct? If I read a summa, I don't gain Exposure xp, even under your house rules?

Ahh, now I understand.
For learning French, you can take exposure in the seasons you earn XP in other ways. I'm not really interested in the language problem kind of stories.

SInce Alexei is not going to travel those seasons, he'll study the Rego book Study Rego book: The Stag, The Hound, and The Prince of the Seven Crowns, L16 Q 15 a total of five times and finish it off, his sheet is up to date.

Checking the planner, Fiona had already requested The Stag, The Hound, and The Prince of the Seven Crowns for Winter of 1227 (if it matters, it would be her third season with the book, or Alexei's fifth).

IMO, you called it first.

I'd make a second copy of that, if it weren't for the Appolodorus Opus.

Speaking of...there's a veritable treasure trove of stuff to go through, and then there's the problem of transporting his lab back to Mons Electi, unless you want to leave a lab in Autun...

I thought Laetitia and her apprentice were going to sort that out?

Normally, I would be on the Autun job like Basmati on Rice, but Viscaria is a bit busy these days. Fiona is going to Durenmar to scribe stuff already, so it's not fair to ask her to do it.

Don't we have some system of carrots and sticks to encourage people to do things that need to be done? Make Isen do it. He hates having to do things. :smiling_imp:

Laetitia is no more, and therefore has no apprentice. Arya and I had a final falling out and I apparently drover her away from the forum.

If no one is reading one of the other books during the other season, Alexei could simply trade (himself) one of the two seasons with the book, FIona wouldn't have to do anything, Alexei would just read a different book that season and read the Stag another season and still get the same advancement.

I'm scratching my head, just figure it out from the spreadsheet PB worked up...

Alexei could simply read the book in Autumn and learn from Gunnar in Winter, everyone still gets the same xp.

Took my daughter to Brave today. It was awesome.

Me too (except for the daughter part). I was not expecting my cheeks to be wet for so much of the movie.

Yeah, I had some tears, too. I'm a big softie.

Huh. I was planning to give it a miss. Now you've got me reconsidering.

For what it's worth, Roflrazzi gave it a rating of "Ceiling Cat Approves," and despite my weepiness I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's actually more of a family drama instead of an action flick. There were times that I was blown away, forgetting that it was a computer-animated movie.

My only real complaint is that it takes place in that nebulous "Scottish History" era. At least one of the kings is described as having fought off the vikings (so, no later than the 12th century), but they were wearing kilts and tartan, which puts it 16th century on.

But all in all, I heartily recommend seeing it.

It's a well told/crafted story about family obligations, willful children and willful parents. Despite it being rather predictable, I had some tears at the last scene. My daughter (6 yo) was scared at a couple of spots. The animation in spots was mesmerizing. I'll definitely pick up the DVD of it for her.