If by "just fine" you mean "better than it had been the past few weeks," then yeah.
But it's still not anywhere close to what I would consider acceptable performance by a forum. Even today, the best day it's had in a good while, still had a few moments of "temporarily not available". And I, myself, don't consider that "just fine."
I haven't actually started a thread for Adrasteia's visit. There is a letter, but that's it. I'm leaving it up to gerg to have Tranquillina notify the characters. IF you want to make a roll to see if Korvin knows the Redcap (I'm discounting Renaud, because he's a lazy bastard), I'll entertain suggestions as to an applicable stat + characteristic.
It is a decent and free app for helping to write stories. It tracks characters and plots. It is NOT for a game system but for authors writing books. I find it very useful for handling plots and characters.
I'm looking at the rules for Craft Amulets in RoP: TD.
Let's say I'm trying to create a minor amulet with a level 5 effect. The effect has to be at Touch range (adding 1 Magnitude) and the Worn duration (adding 2 Magnitudes). So that's level 20.
My 'lab total' (which for a Minor amulet has to equal 2x level of Effect) is Dex + Craft Amulets + Shape/Material Bonus + Dominion Aura bonus.
The Shape/Material bonus is limited by my score in Craft Amulets.
So, in order to create a minor amulet with a level 5 effect, my Dex + Dominion Aura + 2* Craft Amulets score has to exceed 40.
That seem slightly broken to anyone else? Or am I misreading something?
Well, I think it's right. The idea is that it is minor, and so should have a minor effect. A Base 5 effect isn't necessarily minor, IMO.
Keep in mind this is something that you're creating relatively quickly, essentially free of any time limitation. You could take over Apollodorus's pied-à-terre, setup a lab on the bottom level, where there is a divine aura of 3.
Now for a Major Amulet, for every point the lab total exceeds the magnitude of the effect, you accumulate points towards finishing it, so higher level effects become possible, they just take a long time to make.
Life happens. This is a game, supposed to be fun, so this should slide. Everyone has times where life events prevent us from being as active as we would like. And the Mistress story had progressed far and fast, certainly further and faster than the other stories I had kicked off around the same time.
Now that the forum is mostly behaving, I'm not so interested in moving. But I would like to be better prepared in the event we do need to move, or there is a catastrophic loss of data on the Atlas forum. So story summaries would be very useful here. And as a reminder, confidence points are available for these summaries.
jebrick was the first to summarize a story, so let me now award 2 Confidence points for the act!
Oh, and jebrick, your Confidence score should be 1, not 0.
The score doesn't change, despite the points you have[1].
Technically you can only spend as many confidence points as your score, if you have a Confidence of 0, you can't spend any confidence.
[1] I know I discussed treating confidence like experience in the main Ars forum, but that was to "buy" higher confidence scores. Like spend 15 experience points when a character has 18 total to move confidence from 2 to 3, for example, resulting in a score of 3, with 3 confidence points left to spend.
As JL mentioned, I'm going to be running something Novgorodian for Marcus, kicking off sometime in late 1229. For any of you who would be interested in coming along, please note that things found in The Dragon and the Bear may or may not be canon for "my version" of the Novgorod Tribunal.
I swear I had posted this, but it appears it was eaten or otherwise not posted. I'm away for the weekend. Regular posts will resume sometime late tomorrow.
Alright, I'm too wiped out from the drive back from the beach, I'll start pushing stories tomorrow.
Marko, I need to know if Roberto is going to try doing anything. Trying to fly the boat from Venice to Alexandria via a concentration spell.
I'll be away this weekend. Going to Peoria to swing sharp pointy things at people.
(My wife dragooned me into joining an SCA-type living history group, and their focus is swordfight reenactments. Live steel swordfight reenactments. These people are insane, but a great deal of fun to be around.)
I'm back, wow, that was fun! If you get a chance to see Evil Dead the Musical, I suggest you take it. The particular show I saw was an incredibly small and intimate venue, but so much fun. A normal show has a splatter zone, but in this particular one, every seat was a splatter seat, no one was safe from the blood.
Great time. Let me see if I can catch up now and make a post.