Table talk (Bibracte)

I had worked a bit of a story about creating another lab, instead of trying to do that two more times, I'm going to handwave the labs a bit.

Apollodorus hires the crew that built the labs for everyone before to come back and build out the labs for Korvin and Jormungund. The costs are paid out of things that I hadn't created, yet. If anyone wants to object to this in character, feel free to start a thread. I'm not interested in telling a story of adding new members of equal rank to the covenant. If you guys are interested in vigorous discussion along these lines in character, let me know and it can be hashed out in the 1221 council thread. Otherwise, I'd like to just assume that the new magi joined by acclimation.

If Alexei is able to attend the Tribunal and the games he will, but he might be Princeps at the time, not sure.

Nope, everyone can attend Tribunal, if interested.

Also, in the Normandy, the Tribunal happens in the early summer because of the Tourney.

Xander's research better be pretty important...Alexei is not all that inclined to kill a father and kidnap his son.

Just out of curiosity if you don't mind, does milites duties involve something like a feodal, "for life" vows of obediance? Or do they lend their services one deal at a time, on a more... bargaining basis?

Mechanically it's a story flaw, meaning whether Alexei cooperates or not with the MIlites stuff will happen. But they are an order of Flambeau that strive to be knightly, so he follows orders like a knight will, many of the services they provide are to the Order itself.

ooc – what does Fiona know about the current Praeco, and/or any possible successors? Int 1 + Order of Hermes Lore 2 + die roll of 6 = 9

Renita of Bjornaer, and the information is accurately portrayed in the letter.

So, no comments on these titles?

Mine couldn't be "A quiet season of study"?

You get those three times a year.

Am I correct in seeing the sequence of Princeps thusly?

• Alexei – spring 1220
  • Onesiphoros – summer 1220
  • ??? - autumn 1220
  • Fiona – winter 1220
  • Alexei – spring 1221
  • Korvin – summer 1221
  • Filtiarn – autumn 1221
  • Jormungand – winter 1221
  • Onesiphoros – spring 1222
  • Fiona – summer 1221

and so on and so forth.

Silviatos went off in search of a Mystery in Spring and has yet to return
Iosephus is currently a statue in his sanctum or something like that.

If/when these magi return or are restored, they can be fit in to the cycle somewhere?

I'm actually liking the theme I'm seeing in most of the season thread titles. And as long as as Fiona's isn't Tainted Love or something, I'm fine.

I'm tending to rule here that Alexei had allowed Iosephus to be Princeps for the spring 1220. Iosephus then became inaccessible and Apollodorus took over duties, which were light. Alexei has long term plans that can't be achieved quickly, and I've been having trouble as SG in designing some of those stories. Alexei's current story is actually one related to his Milites story flaw. His Primus personally requested and required his involvement in what he's doing now, hence I changed the name and title to 1220.5...

Apollodorus is also handling duties in Autumn, he has made promises to each of the Magi to limit the amount of time they must submit to the needs of the covenant. Stories denoting seasons/Princeps duties are Year.1-Year.4. Year.0 is going to be the council meeting thread (I intend to allow only one a year, despite what the charter says, at least only one gets written out, the others happen, but just aren't easy to write given the method of story telling). Year.5 and higher are stories related to character's story flaws. Make sense?

Yep...just got confused as to who was when with Jonah and zlorfik pulling out on us.

Also, I'm not sure that the two players will be back. If they do come back, whether they come back, is entirely situational. I'm inclined to allow Jonah to come back, as he has been communicative with me about his exit. Jonah was just barely within the minimum posting threshold. However, once play began, zlorfik posted 4 times in total, I believe. It was well below the minimum that players had agreed to, and he has read, but not responded to one of my PMs asking about his absence. The other PM was one where I told him I'm writing him out. I'm not inclined to allow zlorfik back in, or if he does come back in, it will be very limited, at first.

Geez, all that negotiating Fiona, it's a shame Alexei has to beat up Jaque for beating up Brione.

That would seem to be an issue to be resolved via certamen...

~sticks his head in through the window~

Hey, I offered! This "SG's character" stuff is for the birds. You think it's hard running two characters? Try running the entire universe and still giving your character decent air time.

~leaves~

This is why I haven't even tried. Mufarjj is my only limited attempt at an SG run character. I can't even contemplate adding a magus (Apollodorus doesn't count) that I develop and run.

I've had a death in the family so I will be limited in my communication until next week.