Table talk (Bibracte)

So Alexei has to discipline the Magus and a whole turb of his cousins? Great. :confused:

Maybe Alexei is going to get disciplined? :laughing:

Shush!

Here is a draft for Jacques. I found it easier to go do the Ex Misc for all then he will switch to Flambeau. His Ex Misc tradition is to summon and speak to Crows. Very similar to Beast Master in HoH:S. I still need to give at least 1 more flaw but could have 2 (9 virtues and 8 flaws at the moment). I might remove the Minor focus. It covers everything in the same family as Crows ( Ravens, Jays, Mockingbirds). Always tricky when the mage must spend points for very non mage things. The Falmbeau will pick him up from his martial skills as well as his Affinity to Rego (School of Vilano). This is just after Gauntlet. He will have 10 more years.

Jacques of Flambeau
Characteristics: Int +1, Per+1, Pre 0 Com +1, Str +2, Sta +1, Dex +2, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 33 (33), Height: 5'8'', Weight: 170 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift, Inoffensive to Animals*, Summon Crows*, Weak Magic Resistance*, Animal Ken, Improved Characteristics, Warrior, Keen Vision, Minor Magical Focus(Corvidae family),Affinity with Animal,Affinity with Rego, Puissant bows,Skilled Parens, Magical Animal Companion, Hedge Wizard, Avaricious(minor), Hatred(Capuchonnes - major),Weak Enchanter, Incompatable Arts (PeAn, MuCo)
Personality Traits: Greedy +1,
Reputations: Hedge Wizard 3
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack ‑‑, Defense +4, Damage ‑‑
Bow, Long: Init: ‑2, Attack +13, Defense +7, Damage +10
Sword, Short: Init: +1, Attack +10, Defense +6, Damage +7
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +5, Defense +3, Damage +2
Kick: Init: ‑1, Attack +5, Defense +2, Damage +5
Soak: +3
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, ‑1, ‑3, ‑5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: ‑1 (1‑5), ‑3 (6‑10), ‑5 (11‑15), Incapacitated (16‑20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: French 5, Area Lore: Burgundy‑Champagne 2, Athletics 1 (running), Awareness 1 (alertness), Survival 1 (woods), Stealth 1 (natural areas), Animal Ken 2, Latin 4, Code of Hermes 1, Magic Theory 3, Parma Magica 1, Finesse 3 (targeting), Bows 4+2 (Bow, Long), Ride 1 (speed), Leadership 2 (bandits), Order of Hermes Lore 2 (personalities), Hunt 3 (covering tracks), Folk Ken 2 (peasants), Brawl 3 (Dodge), Guile 2 (lying to authority), Single Weapon 4 (Sword, Short), Summon Crows 3
Arts: Cr 5, In 5, Mu 5, Pe 5, Re 10, An 7, Aq 0, Au 5, Co 3, He 7, Ig 5, Im 0, Me 0, Te 6, Vi 0
Equipment: Heavy Leather Armor (Soak: 3) (Soak: 3; Protection: 2)
Encumbrance: 1 (3)
Spells Known:
Crest of the Earth Wave (ReTe 20) +17
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (MuAn 15) +13
Repel the Wooden Shafts (ReHe 10) +18
Trap of the Entwining Vines (CrHe 15) +13
Pit of the Gaping Earth (PeTe 15) +12
Tremulous Vault of the Torch's Flame (ReIg 5) +16
Coils of the Entangling Plants (ReHe 20) +18
Leap of the Fire (ReIg 10) +16
Tangle of Wood and Thorns (ReHe 15) +18

Jacques looks good. For aging him, he has 44 total seasons. Here's how I'd like to break it down.
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Creating his LR. He'll do it himself, and have enough vis to do it.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8[/td] [td]He will have a few years of studying from good sources, after that he's kicked out of his old covenant and returns/forms Atsingani.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1[/td] [td]Binding a familiar (optional)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]34[/td] [td]Seasons of 10 xp, but spent as adventure, no more than 5 xp on a given skill, with the exception of spells.[/td][/tr][/table]

I was hoping to do the LR by selling his services as a lab assistant. He is fairly poor in CrCo
Can we assume that they can use a liege gift to perhaps use a lab at Montverte for things like LR or binding the Familar.

If he binds his Magical Animal companion as a familiar ( as was my plan) does the virtue become another is is just useless?

I will do a detail seasons for him.

Right, so he might have some motivation to get a better ritual from someone else...

Atsingani is poor, their magi are poor, and Montverte was a distant and poor liege. Jacques will be an instrument of showing that despite how poorly treated the Magi of Mons Electi felt in their past lives other people had it worse.

I've not been able to find the rules for correspondence but I would like to ask...If Jormungand and Korvin are both researching changes to the LR. Would there be any bonus for us to sit down, at least once a season, to discuss our research?

No, as you're both contemplating completely different lines of research. Once the research has been completed, you can then begin integrating your efforts into a unified ritual that does both of the things you desire. Although, it won't be as tough as doing either one individually (probably a minor breakthrough to integrate, depending on the ultimate outcomes of the research).

I'm still debating the fertility issue with myself. There are some contradictions in MoH that suggest the ritual only works on Aurulentus, but he has also provided one to his wife, and I'm presuming she is continuing to have children after having consumed the ritual. His research was only Minor, because it affects only him. By the way, there isn't such a magus in this saga. I'm thinking that preserving fertility is a Hermetic breakthrough, unless someone can argue convincingly otherwise.

https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/jormungand-ex-miscellanea/6277/20

The above link is to a post I made in Jormungand's character thread. I want to integrate the personal vis source into his corpus, as it were. :smiley: I'd like to avoid the legal complications of an external vis source being a seisin of the covenant or a legacy. Additionally, I'd like it to be a reason for Jormungand to research longevity rituals which don't cause fertility. In his case, he is not infertile. He needs to conduct research as to why that is, and see if it can be replicated for other rituals.

What thinkest the troupe?

Ooh! Ooh! I'd like to be one of the troublemaking turb Grogs of Atsingani! Heh. Were they all related to Jacques, or not, and where should I post him?

I think it's hilarious and fits with the character. "Hmm, we don't seem to have enough vis for the Ritual." "That's okay, hand me mah bottle of oil right over there and Ah'll whip it up." I know it doesn't work that way, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. And all the Corpus vis is a direct Arcane Connection to him, so he'd be never trade it or anything.

Counsins to be sure. He has one brother, who is actually older, and really it is his a half brother. I'm reserving him based on how things work out in the council thread. Note, these are all men, as camp life is too rough for most women or raising children. Whichever direction the story goes there's going to be a huge influx of additional population, either into Atsingani or Mons Electi as families can think about being reunited.

Built and posting under the Grogs. He's the main scout, horse thief, and tavern troublemaker. Shortest, and one of the oldest, he's very sensitive about his height. He's a master brawler, but refuses to actually learn any weapon skills - a true scout has already planned an escape route and set up debilitating traps on the way and pulling a weapon means you've already lost. He's also the main reason why Atsingani has so many horses - horses liberated from other herds, and he's started to learn the process to create more leather tack - bridle, harness, etc.

Sounds fine (and yes, quite funny too). Now, since his seed is fertile AND a inherently magical... I'm just wondering how many Gifted children Jormungand might have, compared to the "average" magus... 8)

It's Super Gnat! :laughing:

Welcome Arya...

I feel like I've been caught cheating on the other play-by-post game I'm in... :blush:

You naughty boy. Alexei will get whipped by Laetitia later on...

Only if he asks nicely.

All of a sudden, I know where I want to set my own saga, and the basic premise.

Don't be coy!