Table talk (Bibracte)

Sent.

Anyone else with a gmail account should send it to me and I'll add you to the view/edit of the vis spreadsheet

I'm all for moving ahead 2 years. I just have a trip to Salamanca to plan for.

In the "when it rains, it pours" department, in addition to the sewer backup which has been remediated in the house so far, something else has happened. It appears that the refrigerator water line, left by the previous homeowner had, developed a pin prick hole in it. There was a fair amount of damage that I'm now on top of. This has pushed up our pending kitchen remodel. We now have a 2'x4' hole in our kitchen, too. And a bunch of drywall to replace in the room below it. Before the kitchen hole gets smaller, it's going to get bigger as I'm going to run a dedicated water line through the joists to the final spot for the fridge. My posting will be heavily curtailed for the next week, more than likely two.

If someone wants to BSG the resolution of the Hazy Shade of Winter and/or Leaves Are Brown, send me an email or PM and I can fill you in on some of the details.
I'd also like to see you guys planning for hosting the Tribunal. From Spring 1222 you have only 5 years. And planning a private place for the Tourney is important, too.

Geez, really sorry to hear that. I'd like to BSG, but I'm currently running 3 table top games. I'll see if I can send some ideas about planning the tourney, maybe you could open a new thread specifically about that when you get the chance?

Hello gang. I have not disappeared but for the moment and for some time now work takes a huge toll on my life so I can’t write like I use too. Miniature painting the kind of therapy I use now to keep my sanity. Ok, I am a bit overly dramatic but I want you to know so I do not become someone who just vanishes into thin (Internet) air. I have not decided if I should close down my own games or just take a break. I will take some more time to ponder this matter and then I get back to you some time in the near future. Also Onesiphorus character sheet blew up last time I looked at them.

Seems like doomsday here!!! :open_mouth:

Blew up?

I'm at work recovering from my extended manual labor. Kitchen demo, except for the cabinets will be completed by this weekend, as well as plumbing rough-in in the new spot for the fridge. In other news I'm very tired, and posting will almost certainly be limited to work hours, when I get a moment here and there. Previously I had been able to post quite frequently from work, as I could extend other tasks to off-hours to be completed in the evenings at home. That won't be the case for some time, probably the next 1 to 2 months, although I'll be able to post sporadic bursts here and there, and I'll keep up on what's going on. If I haven't responded to something within a day or two, please feel free to send me a PM to address something, and I'll do my best to get a response out within 24 hours.

I don't see an immediate effect on this saga, as the council thread may wind for a while before I can start 1220, accepting the new members, figuring out the order of duties, etc is all something that can (and should be!) handled by everyone but me. However, I am quite serious that you guys do need to develop and map out a 5 year plan marshalling resources you'll need to the task of securing and managing the Tribunal. This includes projections and reserving stockpiles of vis, and instituting any trades necessary so that you have sufficient resources. My role in this is more of an auditor, rather than a planner. How well the troupe plans is going to dictate stories and/or labwork for some period of time. Just because I can't participate fully doesn't mean you guys shouldn't be planning...

Can you give us an idea of how much vis and prizes we need to get? Do we also have to prepare some ground for the tournament

You don't have to provide prizes, those are provided by the Tribunal.
You do have to have prepared housing of some sort, and you do have to have a place to hold the Tournament, in addition to a place to host a Hermetic fair to run concurrent with the Tribunal (think trade show with keynotes, breakout sessions and a vendor area).

Is there a rough estimate of how many people we will house? How large of a grounds do we need? I would would need to ask how civilized is the area around Autun?

We will need a big ward against mundane interference.

(moved to appropriate discussion thread)

A little busy right now, I'll post up tomorrow.

Only reason I have those (and one on what appears to be bootleg pdf) is that a guy from one of my failed sagas here gave me a gynormous Amazon giftcard and a handful of Ars pdfs. Not a big fan of pdf books in general, because I like the feel and smell of an honest-to-God "dead-tree" tome in my hands. Pdf are okay for short works or single pages (like character sheets or fanzines or whatnot), but for a real book, I like to hold it in my hands. Not showing my age, am I? :smiley:

I'm in the PDF camp. PDFs on my Dropbox account, so I can get them anywhere. I have dual monitor setups, where I can view the PDF on one screen while viewing the website on another (monitors ared 24" 1920x1080 res, rotated to portrait mode, so I can see a whole page of PDF at one time). I also have the PDFs on my iPad, and that's not too shabby for reading. There have been times that I have had PDF on one screen, PDF on the iPad and the website open on the other screen. Or sometimes it's MetaCreator + Website on the computer and PDF on the iPad.

Just recently purchased the MRB PDF. And then the sewer exploded and the fridge leaked and now I have flooring and cabinets to buy as well as a remodel to execute.

I relented on the PDF book thing only in the instance of gaming books on my laptop, due to the amount of time that I spend traveling. Though, since joining the forums, I have to say that being able to copy/paste out of the rule books is a nice bonus.

Preaching to the choir! I am the only person I know who doesn't own a Kindle or a Nook. I keep PDF copies of stuff for the ease of searching things, but otherwise I like real, paper books.

Oh, Alexei. Subtle as a steam train :slight_smile:

Sub-tull? :confused:

Is this a new Latin word or something?