Table talk (Bibracte)

If ever there was a time for "That's what she said," this would be it.

Reminds me of prom night.

That's a great question.

I have not been able to locate any canonical examples in the last few minutes that I've been up.

Moved this discussion over here...

Quick thing (and this might come up in our own stories). The Milites use a powerful item that involves Arcan Connections. Anyone that joins the Milites gives a fixed AC to the head of the Miles, the then can use an enchanted Horn. It has 2 effects, one that sounds an alarm to everyone that they have an AC for, it also has a very high Penetration. The second effect has no Penetration, but will summon anyone that allows it, who has given an AC to the MIles. Societates pg 13

And the way it is worded the user is in possession of the AC, which, when stopping to think about it makes sense. The user's voice/sight/touch is what is allows one to "sense" the target. The AC allows the the target to be sensed.

Duh.

I'm going to eliminate chico's and Hitsumei's characters. I haven't decided how, exactly.
Chico hasn't been on since 1/21 and Hitsume since 12/6. Entertaining ideas for where they might've gone, and when they did so.

Maybe they were the reasons that the invading magi were able to get in? Story wise at least.

I have that angle well covered.

Could be as simple as they abandon ship after the troubles. Or go off to look into the matter. Fieltarn would probably go on the offensive -- so maybe he dies taking the fight to our opponents, or is just off for extended forays into the fight.

If you want them dead, this assault would be the one where it would be easiest to have that happen -- they were onsite, and died under the rubble or were killed before we even noticed the attack.

Tease!

Call me tenderhearted, but i don't wish to eliminate characters. I only just now eliminated Iosephus, kinda, sorta, maybe. I eliminated Silviatos much earlier, only because of the total lack of communication from the player precisely as we actually started playing.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=8724&p=128128#p128128
The last upgrade had some issues, as I recall. Just a fair warning.

Korvin knows she is the start of all of this death and saidnit in the same thread. He said she was the start of the events that has happened. So perhaps less shock and more comfirmation on what happened.

Well, that's a valid point. That being said, who's going to prosecute her? There's obviously a mess in the House of Guernicus, festering who knows how long.

Last I checked, tattling wasn't a breach of the Code (so long as scrying wasn't involved).

Worse comes to worse, Fiona can always give her an invite to Ex Misc. (I'm actually envisioning a scenario where G

Worse comes to worse, Fiona can always give her an invite to Ex Misc. (I'm actually envisioning a scenario where Guernicus wants her dead, they want her owl dead, they want her sanctum burned to the ground and they want to piss on the ashes. But since what she did wasn't actually a High Crime, they may simply declare her Orbus and hope nobody takes her in so they can have her marched. Of course, they can always try assassins, too.)

As of now, for Korvin, He does not trust her HOUSE at all but has more trust in her ( but is still suspicious ). What worries him is that she left a dangerous situation to run back and report to her House. She has the benefit of doubt but will always be remembered as the one who got Apollodorus killed.

Jacques will have a different view because he will not have been there when she left. I will need to think about his feelings on this.

I disagree. She will be watched and perhaps not as trusted as before but Moebius is the one that will need to hide a'la Xenophon. They will be able to figure out that he broke her and Maria out.

It all depends on the cover-up story that Guernicus cooks up.

I'm going to reopen exploration of the surroundings again.
The problem I had with that thread is that everyone was in it, and everyone wanted to do their own thing. I can't write anything like that in this forum and have it make sense. So this is how we're going to proceed for future stories.

Each story from this point forward will generally have a star magus, and the other characters (including other Magi) are supporting roles. That magus will be driving the story. Others can participate, but if they become inactive, or the story has stalled because the magus is a frequent poster, and the supporting players are slower, I'll handle the interactions of the slower players to move the story along. If multiple magi are involved there needs to be agreement on who the star of that story is. Certain stories will leave little room for doubt, such as a story focusing on a character's story flaw. The one exception to the magi being the star of a story is in regards to companion story flaw stories. There the companion will drive the story along. I've given short shrift to companions and I want to open that up a bit. Wilhelm's gender bending has gone under the radar for a bit too long. :stuck_out_tongue: IF you want to add a companion and don't have one, feel free to come up with something, and I'll make sure to give them a bit of story "love."

I figure we can have 3 or 4 exploration threads exploring Mont Beuvray and the magical side of the regio. A magus is the star of each of those stories. If more than one magus wants to participate in an exploration story, they have to agree who is the star of that story. If that magus becomes less active in the thread, for whatever reason, I take them over to allow the main magus to drive the story. Companions and grogs can come with and be played by anyone, but if a player responsible for them becomes less active, I take them over to let the magus drive the story.

Sound fair?