Table talk (Bibracte)

Well, the guidelines say Metal OR Gems, not Metal AND Gems, so it seems the answer is "no".

Also, it opens more versatility.
Say, a magus has a ward vs metal.
If using the first interpretation, he is protected utterly against anything Terram.
If using the second, another magus could try to use a diamond spike against him.
I, personnally, all things being put aside, prefer the second interpretation, since it leaves weaknesses and favors researching exotic spells against specific opponents.
Spells tend to usually be rather specific, which, IMO, is fine, since it encourages magi to have a lot of spells and a vast grimoire (or to rely on sponts). Pure preference, but I prefer this, with old magi having dozen of spells rather than having a few "general purpose" spells

Yup.

It also because, IMO, wind is wind, only the intensity varies, whereas dirt is not metal is not gemstone. We would have the same thing with Water and Acids.

Stupid me wasting time on "useless" thread :blush: I don't have time for the rest now...

As translated into What Women Hear:
"I'm not an insensitive jerk, women are just too dumb to understand English."

:laughing:

It's not me, it really is you!

Why don't men ever get that the correct response is, "I am so sorry, I was a complete jerk and I realize how wrong I was to hurt you. Your feelings are more important than any logistical concerns. Please try to remember that I am genetically incapable of not being a jackass, and forgive me?"

Well, we have our moments here and there. But Hermoine says it best, when talking about Ron after he rejoined she and Harry, "I'm always mad at him."

headdesk

See, this is why I can't play male characters. They're so clueless! I can't even anticipate when they're going to be completely oblivious to the obvious. :slight_smile:

Pretty easy, honestly...

In all honesty I'd be playing him out of character if he did know what's going on.

He needs to stab something with his spear dammit!

(did that come out right? :blush: )

Perzactly!

Thank God for Fiona, or Laetitia would jump on the bandwagon with her House so she could purge the Order of the criminally clueless (most of its men).

Wait...Valerian's a woman?!

No, but he's got Etiquette and Intrigue and thus will survive the great Jedi Purge.

Then again, he was totally not interested when L kissed him, so... Maybe he's actually "Valeria" and is just really really ugly?

Or he plays for the other team.

I like my interpretation better :slight_smile:

shrug
Es macht nichts.

Another one of those double quote posts above...
So, is the post above visible?

Yep. Forums have been really wonky since yesterday.

So, does that make me "Y, the Last Maga"?

Every time I see that, I wanna sing it like Rammstein.
Es.
Es macht.
Es macht nichts.

I see you saying about playing for the other team (my theory, btw), then Arya liking her interpretation, then your double-quote post.

I'm weighing heavily on a time jump of a few years, 3 or 4, and then slowing things down in the year before Tribunal. There's a lot of work to be done. I'll kick off at least one story for everyone during that time, possibly two. I think we're clear that Viscaria has the responsibility for planning the physical layout/building for the Tribunal. What's left are details and some things she needs to improve before being able to complete the task. Whether she informs the council of this, or not, is up to her.
My understanding is that Fiona is interested in handling matters related to protocol for the Tribunal.
Laetitia is going to be feeding (mis)information to her House.
Korvin, I think, is going to try and organize the Magical Merceres, the 12-20 or so, while continuing to train his apprentice.
Alexei and Isen (and Jacques?) are probably going to go to a tournament, shortly.
Ulrich needs a parentes. Someone needs to work with PB and become his master, especially with Apollodorus gone. He's not ready for an adventure, yet, unless it's an all Grog Tale, or some kind of Other Guys story.

I think I'd like to explore something with companions, too. We really only have two, Ivor and Wilhelm. If you want a companion, think about it, there are loads of jobs that are handwaved by mechanics from Covenants, these can be fleshed out via companions or you can create all new ones.

What's Ulrich's Perception and Communication?