Table talk (Bibracte)

If interested, grogs are needed to be run in any of the seasons started to date. I don't have any dictates on how to run them (as a group, or individually), but we do need some supporting players in the other seasons.

Silviatos needs grogs that know something about sheep and woods (sheep on the edge of a forest are being killed).
Fiona needs grogs that know about sheep generally.
Oenisphorus needs woodsmen
And you need... I dunno. I'm just along for the ride on your story, most of your season will be improvisational based on what you decided to do and how you decide to approach problems, and which problems you plan to attack first.

Yes, but the minimum amount of time is a season to progress from heavy to medium, then a month from medium to light and then a week for the light wound. It'll be a significant amount of time, and that presumes a cooperative patient. :smiling_imp:

Peregrine, umm...I don't know why I didn't catch this earlier...
You're aware you have Rigid Magic, right? How do you expect to cast AoH?
Or do you want to have some fun with this in play?

Wait...what? flip flip rummage rummage grumble groan Son of a mufflecorn! I totally missed that, too.

If it was a novice maga, freshly gauntleted, then I could pass it off as "well, she's never tried to use vis in spell-casting before, so she doesn't know she has that flaw." And I can see the elder magi at Insula Canaria refusing to let a young whippersnapper like her cast their Aegis. But being 28 years old Hermetically, I can't now see her wasting her time learning a spell that she'll never be able to cast.

Hate to do it, but I guess I might have to swap it out for another 20th level spell, if that's okay?

That's perfectly fine, in fact preferred, to switching out your flaw...

Okay, replaced Aegis of the Hearth with Purification of the Festering Wounds (CrCo 20, non-ritual).

For who's story thread were we looking for Grogs and someone was suggesting Brionne (the disfigured magic sniffer)?

They're needed everywhere, honestly. They add flavor and background, and give the magi someone to order around. Obviously you playing one in whre your Magus is trying to shine is challenging.
Peregrine is a more frequent poster, so expect grogs to be a bit more active in that story. zlorfik and Mad Max (currently not posting due to some RL constraints) are on a slower posting routine, so grogs won't be quite as active there.

:laughing:

Arguing with a Criamon that's lived in a cave for 30 years. This should be interesting.

Or maybe we should have a Freaky Friday kind of story...at some point. :smiling_imp:

I'm trying to go through all the posts, was there an issue with Alexei's use of his spear? I can't quite find it in the posts now.

I think it might've been detaching the spear tip quickly and easily.

OK, yeah, initially that was a problem because the whole point is to keep the spear mundane so it doesn't need a penetration total. I started using Muto or something, now it's just a simple application of craft magic using Rego with a Momentary duration, meaning he has to basically do that again with a spontaneous spell to remove it. Is that an issue though?

Humor me and what's the necessary effect level, and what's your spontaneous casting total?

If I recall the entire thing, your casting total is such that you must fatigue yourself to get it off. There may be times where this becomes an issue. It also would mean that you have a risk of botching.

Its level would be 5 (base 3+2 for metal) R: Per D: Mom T: Ind. His casting total for Re Te is 26 (that includes the Special Circumstances bonus) before any aura bonuses or penalties. Divided by 5 equals 5, so he can usually do it without fatigue or roll. What could be an issue is Finesse, but even then his finesse is: Finesse 3 (Crafting things with magic) which would mean that most likely on a Simple roll he'd have no issues at all removing the spear head.

I had it as range Personal, because it's his Talisman, though it probably is range Touch since he's removing the spear head. That makes it a level 10 spell, so he'd always have to fatigue himself.

Right, it is touch, because the spear tip is not part of your talisman, it is attached to it.
So you're needing a stress die to remove the tip, that means you need a stress die for finesse. Learning a spell is going to be important, once you can do it without stress, the finess will be simple, too.

You can get a weaponsmith to easily remove it, too, which is probably what you've done once you arrived at the covenant (see me handwave this issue away for now :laughing: ), and his skill is such that it is easy to do without damaging your talisman.

Incidentally, anyone else not getting emails of notifications of new posts? I rely heavily on this feature, and now I find I have to camp the forum more than I usually do (which was already a lot).