Table talk (Bibracte)

You are correct, 6th magnitude and higher cause warping.

Agreed with that.

I can kind of see that, being subject to the mystical effect when they try and cast inside an Aegis. There's the whole issue of the token/invitation being revoked, etc. For example Magus A was involved in an Aegis and invites Magus Z in, gives him a token. Later on, he revokes the invitation without telling him, while Magus Z attempts to light his pipe with a spontaneous spell. Because the invitation is revoked, the Aegis kicks in, and is now subject to the powerful mystical effect. It's almost like the pink dot of Parama thing. I'd just rather avoid warping caused by the Aegis period.
I'm trying to come up with a consistent rationale behind being subject to an effect. 30 seems low. There are some very useful spells at 30th level. I also think that, with the use of Vis on healing spells, that there should be some element of warping. Even for low level spells, such as Gentle Touch of the Purified Body. More than likely the target of that spell is ingesting the vis or at least absorbing it into his body. That's not a powerful mystical effect?

Warp em. It's a point here and there, it still takes a lot before you get an actual score.

Aegis though should be warp free IMO, it's part of its genius and utility, just like the Parma. Plus both effectively suppress magic, maybe that's why they also prevent warping.

Five points and Brione gets a minor flaw...

Yep. I gave him mutations basically to represent how magic has messed him up, but there technically isn't a flaw to give a warping score and its effects to someone, certainly not a grog. His appearance and such could be chalked up to magical mishaps maybe.

OK I'm at a loss, Iaeptus is no doubt losing the sigils he has to Maris right now over in Coeris, I'm assuming that Luna will then have her sigil belong to Maris?

If Alexei is curious, and he or anyone else at the table should be, he should consider satisfying that curiosity.

Did Apollodorus just read Alexei's mind? That comment in italics was his inner monologue.

No. This was an error on my part.
I had asked that spoken text be in color, so assumed it was spoken. I'll delete the post. Let's not colorize inner monologues, sometimes (especially on phones) it can be a challenge to identify italics, especially colorized italics.

I'll delete the text, but I'd like you to write something that gives me the ability to respond to his inner monologue as I did. This is obviously information I want the players to have.

No problem, I play in a couple of play by post games, and some of them have the characters think in italics. I'll add something.

Looks like it's time to unleash the dogs of war against the sheep rustlers.

Feel free to italicize, I like to see inner monologues, because I can respond to those in different ways, or store them for later use. Italics and color is just hard for me to see. I can still barely see it in what originally caused this little issue.

:laughing:

I can just see Alexei getting involved in this, he finds the ones responsible (possibly Tribunal magi) "You see Monsieur...this is a rather time honored tradition that we ...Gah!" Spear to the throat!

I've started the Ceramen thread. Good hunting.

Okay, so I've started a character sheet for William "the Conqueror" (from Fiona's prelude), and I've stumped on one of his flaws. Basically, he's got the Lecherous Flaw, but he also has a heinous penalty from women whenever he tries to hit on them. Not quite like Lenny and Squiggy, but in that direction. I would like to have a -6 on all attempts to seduce women, but I'll settle for a -3.

Now, the only way I'm finding way to do this is with the Lesser Malediction Flaw...which says "(t)he effects of the curse should be about as bad as other Minor General Flaws." This would be a massive mod of the Magical Air Major Flaw, which gives -3 from people and animals...but seeing as how this only affects women, not men or animals, and only in certain situations (maybe, not 100% sure yet), I'm thinking that would bump it down considerably. Would it bump it down to warrant making the penalty a -6 instead of a -3? Or am I going in a totally wrong direction here?

If you want a -6 to female interactions, take Offensive to People:Women, it's a minor, general flaw. Technically it's beings of all one type, but if you're effectively doubling it for more than 50% of the population, I'm comfortable with the distinction along gender lines.

So, is he going to get a pet sheep?

Better living through Perdo?

Meh...breadcrumbs, braincrumbs...close enough.

And I'm probably a little slower than I'm used to being due to a lot of stress. Dad's been in the hospital since the middle of September, he's been sent to a nursing home for short-term rehab, and once he's done there he's going to be sent to another nursing home about 45 minutes away until a long-term bed opens up in the first one...so, it doesn't look like he's going to be coming home again :frowning: .

I'm sorry to hear that! :frowning:

FYI, I'll be posting very little this weekend. In-laws in town, daughter's birthday. Might have some time on Sunday.

No worries, enjoy your time.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet or not (and if so, I apologize, as I seem to have either missed it or forgotten), but are there any rules for bringing one's companion/grog into a magus's thread uninvited?

Reason I ask is that I can verily easily see Wilhelm the Forester showing up in Onesiphorus's thread, seeing as how he doesn't spend much time in the covenant itself, but spends most of his time in the surrounding woodlands. Yea/nea/give me a moment?