Table Talk - Development

What. The. Foal. Y'all!

1 Like

I think Fleur will give a pass on the area lore tractatus, considering she can gain 7xp/season in area lore through exploration. She will request Armando for her security grog- if he would rather teach her (SQ:12 including lore specialization) in the Andora covenant instead of wander the mountains (SQ:7) then she would be fine with that. Otherwise she will have him aid her in finding a suitable cave (Per+area lore vs target 18) and ask him to give her training in area lore at the same time (SQ:7, same as independent exploration)

1 Like

sounds like an interesting opportunity for an adventure :slight_smile:

yes, yes it does.
Shall we say winter 1246?
Also regarding the sheep, the result would have been in 1246, but it should be early enough that she could try again as it were in late 1246...

1 Like

I shall contemplate something and get back to you :slight_smile:

I am contemplating Marcellus' activities for Winter and Spring 1245. Before he decides what to study first, he will go back to each of the magi he approached during the Welcome to Andorra Marcellus, hope you survive the experience! (Autumn 1244) story, about items that they think would be worthwhile enchantments at some point in the future. That includes Lucas, Carmen, Guiverna, Fleur, Solomon and Vocis.

carmen contemplates her glove "something like this, but obviously not a talisman, which a grog could use to breed the mythic sheep, could yield a bounty in vis over time."

Carmen has no glove. She wants the same thing she has always wanted. A flying carpet. :smiley:

Roberto is in limbo until Fixer returns. I treat Carmen as a utility NPC. In that, I leave her seasons blank and retcon them as need be to fill needs of the covenant. Usually political and financial stuff.

I suppose I temporarily need to speak for Vocis.
Hmmm....
A Catalogue. Some sort of Intellego Animal enchantment that can identify what books we have and where they are to be found.

The easiest time to catch Vibria is over the winter, which she spends training with the Andorran Guard. She's easy to spot on the fiend, in no small part from the exquisitely made red-and-yellow chain mail and distinctive dragon helm (as seen on her Hoard page on the wiki).

When the sergeant calls for a break, Vibria removes her helm and spots Marcellus standing to one side as she gets a cup of water. She nods at him to let him know she sees him, drains the cup, then refills it from the barrel and joins her sodalis, sipping it as he talks.

When he finishes speaking, she thinks carefully. "Perhaps something that will benefit either the Andorran Guard or our shield grogs. Or both. Perhaps enchantments on the arms and/or armor?"

1 Like

"Indeed, but what kind? I could make an item which enhance the protectiveness of leather armor and wool tunics, much like the spell Doublet of Impenetrable Silk, but is that worthwhile, considering that most of Andorra's grogs wear chain mail?"

1 Like

That is a misperception. Though I am confident we are able to dress everyone in chain if needed, most of the time in dat-to-day activity they wear leather, padding, or just clothing. For example, Oscar and Roger are not armored in the current story. And even if armored in chain, there is always a layer of padding under it.

I thought so, but did not want to assume. Also, Marcellus doesn't know much about wearing armor, so...

1 Like

"Our grogs could always be better protected, whether it's making their armour sturdier or lighter, making their weapons more accurate or more dangerous, making them more difficult to hit in combat."

Vibria smiles. "I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could think of a dozen ways to improve our troops...nine-tenths of which are well beyond my current capabilities."

She shrugs. "You did say you wanted ideas. I just thought I'd throw out a few, see what you thought of them."

1 Like

"Thank you, mistress Vibria, it is very much appreciated."

Marcellus will ask Vocis for access to a summa on Intellego for the next 2 seasons, if possible. From what I see the best quality one is L18Q13 (The Virtue of Knowledge), but I don't know if he will be given access to it. Next best would be L12Q10 (Eyes of the World).

1 Like

You accidentally pointed out the issue that Carmen wants Vocis to work on, and so has passed the buck on to Fleur.
My intent is to eventually have two libraries, one for all members and another set aside for the higher ranking magi. Thus, these two books will eventually wind up in different collections as you understand. But since I do want you to create a catalogue that will facilitate this endevour, by my authority, I want you to study the more advanced book. For now.

(I suspected that might be his decision. Nothing like giving an incentive to have thing go favorably! :wink:)

1 Like

(There is no such rule in place. He just wants to encourage the idea that there is one or should be)

Also worth noting the Fleur is attempting to make use of these duties to create a secret third library for her mystery cult...
but she has a lot on her plate...

1 Like

But as the head librarian, he could have denied a visiting magus access to the more advanced book. In fact, though I (the player) can see the content of the library, Marcellus probably didn't know its complete content. He simply asked Vocis for the best Intellego book he could study.

(Edit: Stats updated up to end of Spring 1245)

1 Like