Table Talk - Development

Character ticks toward doneness. Anyone want to look over the custom spells and such for invention when I plop down the 7 years of post gauntlet? Especially one of the story squids to paraphrase silver

I suspect you want a rules shark rather than a story squid for that...

A rules shark then!

I will when I get the chance. My work life centers on weekends and this is a heavy one.

If someone would check me on this:
Donna is making a dagger for Epona which will transform into a longsword for two minutes if she shouts "Dominus"
I'm getting base effect 10 MuTe (increase volume 8x being base 4 +2 for metal), range self, target individual, duration diameter brings this to 15, which is magnitude 3, so if she can do this 6 times per day, which is a frequency modifier of +3 this would bring the total to 12(base for wonderous items)+3(magnitude)+3(frequency of use)=18 for the total, her workshop total being 24 she could get this done over 3 seasons of work.

As I see it both dagger and sword would have the quality bonus for craftsmanship...

All your maths and guidelines are ok for me.
A dagger and sword aren't exactly the same shape and all, but I totally agree that such a small change warrants no additional magnitude or requisite.

Not covered by the rules, but it seems perfectly reasonnable, I agree.
Things could have been different for an Hermetic item (Finesse), but for a Wondrous one, this is, IMO, quite appropriate, and a nice way to give an edge to the hedge (wizards).

This shouldn't have worked as such. Check True Sight of the Air for a very similar spell: Just like you did afterward with your spell to hear vis, the target is your sense (Vision here), so final level is 10.
Of course, you could have peeked for Mom duration and lvl 05, so luckily, this changes little to the end result.

Also: don't forget that dagger and sword use different Abilities. Dagger uses Brawl, while the sword uses Single Weapon.

Also, look at Clear Sight of the Naiad (ArM5 p. 122), which is an Intellego Aquam 5 spell. It has D: Mom, so bumping that up to Concentration raises it to 10. May I suggest making it a Diameter duration? Costs the same, and you're less likely to go blind if a fish (or something) brushes against your leg.

In this case she was standing at the shore, so fish weren't an issue. Given subsequent events "something" might have still been a possibility, but considering this is fleurs first adventure outside of her sanctum or the covenant... not counting the journey to her sanctum.

She also now has 14 points in single weapon from the class, I have summer 1235 with 7 xp from adventure to spend and winter 1236 she needs to advance (probably exposure experience for that), and the weapon I question hasn't been built yet, I would expect it to be finished in 1237...

Here is a development question that I have, requiring Silveroak's attention but open to the opinion of all.
Carmen has not directly paticipated in a story for a long time and it has been awhile since I looked at her sheet. And I noticed she is out of date, both in the Forums and on the wiki. So basically I need to update her.
And I also noticed there are no stats for Golda to be found anywhere. Thought there was something somewhere, but all I have is some incomplete notes in my personal files. Previously I have used her as an NPC and stats were unimportant I guess.
This is the thing. She is an NPC. In the current story where Carmen is a PC played by me, Golda is still an NPC (Close Family Ties Flaw), and should be played by Silveroak.
So Silveroak, I can stat her or you can or we can leave it undefined. Your call. Basically a mixed bag hedgie. Folk witchcraft, spirit medium, summoner, seeress, card reader, diviner, psychic, blah blah blah.
I also figured Venus' Blessing, Great Presence, Small Frame, Unaffected by the Gift, and Unaging (as a result of many years of Longevity Warping after having Carmen at age 18). If she is Gifted, it is Gentle.
She is Jewish but her current husband is a wealthy Christian who is homosexual and owns a nightclub. Golda has influence in Barcelona aristocracy, both female clients and gentlemen callers. Antonio of Flambeau. The couple have a happy marriage.
Think of an anachronistic urban partygirl part of hipster counterculture.

Virtues: Dowsing, Premonitions (tied to her methods), Second Sight, Social Contacts (ghosts), Unaging, Venus Blessing, Unaffected by the gift

Flaws: Visions (tied to her methods), Small Frame, Supernatural Nuisance (ghosts that petition her), Maybe Hallucinations (are her visions true or false?), Maybe (Realm) Stigmatic, maybe Gossip

Hedge Maga, done :wink:

Actually, I'm surprised, this is interesting, IMO, I like what this outlines :smiley:

I also like the outline, on the chalkboard. nothing yet set in stone. Just a few nailed chamberpots as far as her backstory goes.
But I do have a rough draft of Golda, last saved 10/31/2009 at 1:01 AM. Long before I ever read Hedge Magic. Monday or Tuesday I will post that, some ideas, then let all of you guys tackle how to design her and how much of what to do.
She is an NPC and a storyguide character. We have progressed to the point where more players are running more stories. She should be crafted and played by others rather than by me.

One thing Marcus would like to do- if he has a season where he is working but nobody has demanded his services- gather together about 45 kids from the village (his maximum class size), and instruct them- if we follow strictly with the rules from A&A he would spend 2 seasons (out of whenever) teaching Latin then one on magic theory- assuming they pick up artes Liberales of at least 1 in there they will be perfectly competent to copy tracti for trade. If we can be a bit mre flexible with the teaching he would teach 15 points in Latin and 5 in artes Liberales his first season and 15 more in latin and 5 in magic theory his second to achieve the same effect more quickly...
I think having 45 people copying tracti could help us develop our library a bit more quickly- especially if we are trading the copies of tracti.

Frederika would be happy to help there once I get underway! While she'll have a lot of her own setting up to do, if nothing else she'll be very happy to write tracti for others to copy.

Carmen will endorse and fund the project, but will insist on many changes and wants to expand on it.

Are we still using the magi planner? Because it's looking like just Lucas and I are on it and he hasn't been around in a while...

I use it for Antoine, I just don't have many long-term plans at the moment, so it's mostly historical.

I use it...or have used, or will use it ("Tenses are hard!") No reason to update Fédora, since she's moved, and can't really do anything with Vibria until she returns.

I use it (or have used it) for Carmen & Roberto. Carmen does need to be updated. For Roberto, I am waiting on City of Brass before making future plans.

I now know it exists and may well use it in the future! I'll have to keep track of development somehow, after all.

I use it, just haven't thought about things in a while