Table Talk - Development

I feelsort ofmeh about it and am warythat it is restricted to mammal (humans are not mammals in the Mythic Paradigm), and not so keen on the artificial insemination idea.
I think a wand or ointment that insures fertile conception would suit the covenant, and your research, much better.
And please stop referring to the process as "immaculate".

Potion of Creation already does that for humans, I was wanting something that affected animals for the serpent charm and that would be an item enchantment as this will push Fleur towards developing a talisman and developing two more arts.

Missed the potion. But if it is for animals only, with the goal of insuring reproduction, that can be useful to the folks in town and stuff. the exact proceedure is irrelevant. The end product, fertile conception of domestic animals, is the main point and a valuable consideration.

Roberto's request to have Phelippe say a prayer has made me realise - I have created a Knight Templar with no Latin. That seems unlikely. Anyone mind me rejigging his numbers a bit? I'm thinking Area Lore: Jerusalem from 3 down to 2, leaving me 15xp to purchase Latin 2 (Ecclesiastical use).

Not at all, please do

I have no problem with that either.

Works for me. Rejiggering is fine by me, especially wehn errors are discovered or major understandings change.
For example, with Carmen I discovered I have to redo everything. Her lab is all wrong, I forgot warping rolls, and forgot somestupid silly stuff. Everything will work out the same, just her lab projectsneedto be reordered and I need some retro rolls.
Does anyone else notice any glitches or mistakesin their character? I am open to revisions as needed.

Hmm, okay, the more I think about it, the more the Infernal route seems to make the most sense for Solomon (giving his Infernal hunting ways). Perhaps his thoughts of this infernalist hiding in Andorra invaded his experimentation as he was inventing the spell. So how about this for his modified Cerebro spell:

• 1st Modified Effect: Instead of detecting people with the Gift, it detects people with Virtues aligned with the Magic Realm (same realm, similar things, still detecting people)
  • 2nd Modified Effect: Realm switches from Magic to Infernal, so it now detects people with Virtues aligned with the Infernal Realm [Supernatural and/or Tainted] (now same things, different realm, still detecting people)
  • Increased Potency: Identifies what each virtue is in each person

Thanks, rejigged.

BAM! A monkey of super intelligence. Proposed. I won't be sad if it gets torn apart. Well maybe a little, but I assumed there would be big changes, but that' s not really tearing apart.

Name: Lemon
Season: Spring
Might: 10
Size: -3
Characteristics: Int+6, Com+3 Pre+1 Per+0 Dex+3 Qik+0 Str-6 Sta+0
Personality Traits: Proud+3

Major Qualities: Increased Intelligence, Major Virtue
Minor Qualities: Gift of Speech, Improved Abilities8, Improved Characteristics2, Minor Virtue*5, Hands

Minor Inferiorities: Reduced Might*8

Virtues: Puissant Craft: Goldsmith, Independent Study, Affinity for Craft: Goldsmith, Personal Vis Source
Virtues From Qualities: Great Int*2, Book Learner, Apt Student, Educated, Immunity to Heat
Note: Independent Study - Improve SQ of practice by 2, Improve SQ of adventure by 3
Personal Vis Source – Produces 1 Im vis a season in the jewel collar around the monkey's neck.

Flaws: Outsider, Proud
Note: He thinks he's smarter than every human. He won't admit he was low and unimportant back in Kailasa easy.

Abilities:
Dead Language: Latin 5
Living Language: Arabic 5
Living Language: Wise Monkey 5
Artes Liberales 3
Philosophiae 3
Medicine 3
Goldsmith 9+2 (Jewelry)
Teaching 3
Athletics 3
Awareness 3
Brawl 2

Life Summary/Background: Lemon is a magical monkey from Kailasa. A jungle nation of highly intelligent magical primates. Past the Sahara and within the Torrid zone, no human has ever seen their jungle. The assorted citizens of Kailasa all consider themselves far superior to the stupid hairless apes to the north and the degenerate primates who they believe have become corrupted by human blood. Very few of the citizens ever leave their wondrous magical nation.

Lemon was born to one of the lowest castes. A simple laborer with a knack for gold, stupid and ignorant by the standards of Kailasa, and with no magical powers of any kind. He was ambitious, but he lacked the talent or skill to advance. His work as a goldsmith was acceptable, but not particularly impressive or inventive. He wanted to be honored and important, but he could never compete with members of higher castes on anything that really mattered.

But there was a place he could be important, smart, wise, and talented. The north. Stupid as Lemon was, barely smarter than some humans, he was smarter. He could compete with the greatest human artists and craftspeople. Combined with his monkey brain and innate knowledge he could easily seem to have a broad array of knowledge and wisdom.

Current Situation: He attached himself to a noble/merchant/other-important person who recognized the monkey's abilities. Furthermore, several of his previous advisers were rather incompetent and displaced by this new talking monkey. Understandably upset they are trying to spread rumors that its a demonic familiar. They don't actually have any real knowledge of the realms, so anyone who does can probably identify the lies, but the common populace not so much. Lemon will soon need a rescue.

Personality: In large part up for the player to decide, but the idea was he places a lot on claiming he's smarter than everyone. He likes to pretend he was important back where he came from. Arrogance, shortsightedness and other failings don't need to actually make him a master plotter or anything obviously. Some level of immaturity was assumed.

Design Notes:
Made as a spring character, Base Might 15, base xp 120. Base Size-3.
Base Characteristics: Int+6, Com+3 Pre+1 Per+0 Dex+3 Qik-3 Str+0 Sta+0
Inspiration: Squirrelly the super intelligent monkey mentioned earlier, Dominions 4, and that nation of apes from D.C.
The minor quality, “hands” is made-up. Basically its the negation of “No Hands” magical animals get for free.

I don't think he's particularly overpowered or underpowered. He'll be super good in the lab with a little work, but he has no cool powers so its sort of a negation?

I don't expect Kailasa to ever show up in play. The key points were: Lemon was unimportant, kind of dumb and lame there. Kailasa is a place of wonder/advancement compared to the rest of Mythic Europe; sort of the incarnation of progress, or as much something Magical can be. Kailasa thinks humans are lame and its affected Lemon on some level.

This is a draft, I made it with the assumptions there would be changes. Especially the personality.

Some other thoughts I left out. For binding the two forms I most had in mind were Im and Me, super intellegent for the Me. Im is because he's really a crafts/art monkey. That's about the image. Obviously An and Vim works too, and Ig has a pretty obvious hook in that he's made to live in a place that would melt a persons face off. The form He works because he's arboreal. Te could be argued for since he's a metal worker. No ideas for Corpus, Aq or Au.

For techniques the obvious ones are Re and Creo. Creo since he makes, Re since reshaping things is basically Rego. Muto is a bit of a stretch, but jewelry is to change appearance, and he changes the appearance of the gold when it gets hammered into shape. Intellego is more of a stretch, but intelligence is in many ways about knowing. No idea how to fit Perdo in.

All of the above is just my thoughts. You don't have to agree. I'm sure there is something else I forgot to mention.

I definitely should calculate combat stats.

With a 6 Int, he is smarter than just about every human. Doesn't that Int seem a bit high?

Also, when I was making up Horus, I was told that I shouldn't give my familiar Artes LIberales and other similar skills. All the Academic Abilities that Horus has he had to learn after binding.

And really, does he need an 11 Goldsmithing?

I was also thinking Int +6 when I was working on my version. But I was thinking of pairing it with a critical Lab Flaw such as Waster of Vis.
I did some research on the Barbary Ape (which is really a monkey). Very human like, gregarious, polyamourous, parental/nurturing, size -2, and more stuff I will write up later (on train on phone

If you are making a beats of virtue, they must be the epitome of that creature, as defined by medieval standards. The epitome of an ape is not super-human intelligence, but, in the medieval mind set, to be a mockery of humanity- at best a jester which lampoons our foibles, at worst something far darker. I do not see an ape of virtue having an int over +3, if you want wisdom, find an owl.
At least in my opinion.

My initial opinion was that Int +6 was a bit high, but it's probably all right; and I'm not convinced by the 11 Goldsmithing. It's huge, and from a gameplay perspective, it doesn't presumably even help Antoine. I don't mind whether you add Educated or drop the educated abilities, but agree that one or other is probably needed.

An owl is in interesting option, but the covenant is a bit replete with birds.

If Lemon doesn't talk like Mojo Jojo, I will be very disappointed.

Mojo jojo: That's perfect and I didn't even think of it. But it would be perfect.

Its not an animal of virtue. He's more like one of the Nephelococcygia

Curse you Perigrine. Now I have Mojo Jojo talk going through my head.

But at least I know Lemon's weakness - Moko Jono!

The rest of us (except for silveroak) were limited to animals of virtue (at least as I understand things).

This post, definitely says possibly. It wouldn't be the first time I've come across something old or not official though.

He actually has the Educated virtue tucked away in his list of virtues from qualities.

Random thought: He does make a mockery of humanity, but in a very different manner. If he's stupid what does that make a normal person? Humanity is definitely the butt of the joke here. Anyway its a moot point since he's not a beast of virtue.

I'll wait 'till Marko can get a comment in before making any changes. Goldsmith can definitely be lowered.