Table Talk - Development

I tend to be rather interested in such things myself.

Hi there.

I regret to say that as I feared I am not having time to read the Light of Andorra stuff on a regular basis and cannot promise to be able to do so and contribute during the following months. As such I regret to drop myself from the saga. if sdomeone wants to get hold of Marcellus it is OK for me. Otherwise simply make some undetected wound fester and have him die or pass away in a mighty combat with a magical creature.

Best wishes for the saga.

Xavi

I'm sorry to hear that, Xavi. I'm sure that Mark wouldn't mind having Marcellus drop by for short visits from time to time.

Scott

Yes, Marcellus healed his wounds and went of wandering again. Who knows where he went. Feel free to drop in and out as you please :smiley:

Sad to hear it too - particularly after all the effort you put into fleshig out the character, both here and on the main forums (kudos to you).

I'm sure he'd want to pass on in some heroic manner, so perhaps Marko will work this into the Saga, eh/

Cheers,

Lachie

I'm sorry to hear that, Xavi. :frowning: Good luck to you!

I still do not find all the relevant characters in the character thread. And I don't want to sift through the other threads to guess who I might interact with.
I am not worried so much about numbers - but it's hard to interact with someone you know nothing about.

Please.

PS: I am looking at our slightly infernal Ludovico in particular. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, Ludovico needs to post his sheet in the Character Sheet thread. Jean-Michelle, feel free to list whoever else might be missing. I'll crack the whip :smiley:

The reason I haven't is the bit of debating going on in the spirit thread with the virtue point that is currently up in the air. The most current version, which is destined to eventually change with the outcome of the debate, is on page 46 of the development thread. Other changes are some unallocated additional spell levels and the possible reallocation of some summoning xp directly into rego, to arrive at the same rego total in less seasons and a summoning drop of maybe five points I've been thinking. This to free up some seasons for more spells or maybe an initiation perhaps.

I'm sorry I havent contributed anything in a while. Picked a new client and things have gotten busy for me in past weeks. I shall endeavour to finish this darn character over the weekend.

Sorry to have fallen so far behind.

Cheers,

B

No problems here my friend :slight_smile:

I realized that, just like a live game, you gotta be prepared for people to drop in and out, ack in again, and etceteras. I just keep plugging along. So, it is all good in my neighboorhood :smiley:

My character - for consideration and comment.

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Str 0, Sta -1, Pre 0, Com +1, Dex 0, Qik +1.
Size: 0.
Decrepitude: 0.
Warping Score: 1 (6)
Confidence Score: 2 (5).
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Art (Ignem), Gentle Gift, Mastered Spells, Self-Confident, Student of Realm, Warrior, Diabolic Past, Fragile Constitution, Oversensitive (mistreatment of apprentices), Poor Memory (Names), Weak Parens.
Personality Traits: Compassionate +2, Gregarious -3, Obedient +1.
Reputations: None.

Weapons: (Initiative/Attack/Defense/Damage)
Dodge: +1 / NA / +1 / NA.*
Fist: +1 / 0 / +1 / 0.*
Kick: 0 / 0 / 0 / +3.*
Knife: +1 / +1 / +1 / +2.*
Sling -4 / +5 / +5 / +4 / Range 20.**
Longsword: +1 / +7 / +4 / +3.**
Staff: +1 / +5 / +5 / +2.**

• Untrained.
    ** Includes Specialization.
    Soak: -1.
    Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious.
    Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+).
    Abilities: Artes Liberales 1 (Grammar), Basque 2 (Children), Code of Hermes 4 (Apprentices), Concentration 2 (While being yelled at), Great Weapon 1 (Staff), Guile 2 (Making excuses), Latin 5 (Hermetic Terms), Magic Lore 2+2 (Creatures), Magic Theory 6 (Assisting), Occitan 5 (Peasants), Parma Magica 1 (Mentem), Penetration 2 (Muto), Single Weapon 2 (Longsword), Stealth 2 (Avoiding magi), Survival 2 (Covenants), Thrown Weapon 3 (Sling). (Total Ability XP = 330).
    Arts: Creo 0, Intellego 0, Muto 5, Perdo 0, Rego 5, Animal 0, Aquam 5, Auram 0, Corpus 4, Herbam 0, Ignem 9+3, Imaginem 4, Mentem 0, Terram 4, Vim 0. (Total Art XP = 120).
    Twilight Scars: None.
    Equipment: Wizard’s robes, belt with pouches, knife, sling, staff.
    Encumberance: 1 (2).

Spells Known: (Stamina+Technique+Form).
Aura of Childlike Innocence (MuIm10) +8.
Cloak of the Duck’s Feathers (ReAq5) +9.
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An)5) +4.
Image Phantom (MuIm20) +11 (Mastery 3, Quiet Magic x2, and Subtle Magic).
Invisible Sling of Vilano (ReTe10) +9 (Mastery 1, Multicasting).
Lamp without Flame (CrIg10) +11.
Pilum of Fire (Cr 20) +13. (Mastery 2, Magic Resistance, and Penetration).
Unseen Porter (ReTe10) +8.
(Total Spell XP = 90).

Suggestions: Drop Poor Memory in favor of a Major Personality Flaw. That gives you two more Virtue points to play with. I would spend that in some way as to boost your end output. Perhaps a Minor Magic Focus, an Affinity, Life Boost, or some such. I would also suggest dropping Great Weapon. Go with the sword and ditch the staff. What else? Um, Basque won't be all that particularly useful. For Inigo, it is his native language. But Basque speakers in this era are concentrated in Navarre (where the nobility probably speaks some variant of Spanish or French). Spanish will serve you better (specializing in Castilian, Austurian, Leonese, or Aragonese). The Diabolic Past Flaw is interesting, what with the rescent Shadow Wars and all.

That's it! Take Spanish as your main language and Occitain as secondary. You are from Badojaz. You are from Jafariya, a covenant that susscumbed to Infernalism and had to be detroyed. You were an apprentice their, and though you may be untainted, the past still haunts you. Your character knows Octavius personally, and served under the banner of Karandos to turn your covenant mates over to the proer authorities. Sound like an interesting idea for you?

Finally, how many years post apprenticeship do you want? I had everyone else develop 10 to 20 years. Maybe you might feel comfortable with less than that, say 5 to 10 years? It is up to you.

The above suggestion seems fine. My character will be updated according to the recommendations given in your response and reposted.

However I do have two questions.

1. Since I'll be using events that have took place in your saga as part of my background, is there any special information I'll need other than what I can find by reading old posts?
  2. Just for Clarification. In this Saga I assume that my character gains 10 XP per season post creation, correct?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

1. Ifyou have access to it, read Tribunals of Hermes-Iberia. One of the major rescent events that took place before the start of the game was the Shadow Wars. Basically, Infernat coruption amongst magi was purged in a violent conflict that lasted several years. They are gone now. I like old school and new school materials, I like to mix them together. Houses of Hermes-Societates will give you a good overview on the modern activities of House Flambbeau, but I am also drawing upon the history and lore of Iberia and the old Houses of Hermes book.
  2. Yes, you gain 10 (on average) 10 xp per season after gauntlet. I call this the "Average Source Quality 10 Rule".

Oula!

I may be wrong, but I don't think cthonic magic can be used to learn a spell...

Greetings. I have been in discussion with Marko Markoko about joining "The Light of Andorre". We've been developing some of the background and attribute specifics of my Magus, but he has requested that I post them here for your convenience.

Name Vares filius Antoninus Exupereus of House Flambeau
Characteristics: Intelligence +3, Perception +2, Strength +1, Stamina +1, Presence +1, Communication -3, Dexterity 0, Quickness +1

Sex: Male

Personality Traits: Independent-Minded +2, Crafty +1, Watcher +2

Arcana: The Chariot/The Moon (Major); King of Swords (Minor)

Abilities: Animal Handling 2, Artes Liberales 1, Athletics 1, Awareness 2, Bargain 1, Brawling 1, Code of Hermes 1, Concentration 1, Dominion Lore 1, Faerie Lore 1, Finesse 1, Folk Ken 1, Guile 1, Infernal Lore 1, Intrigue 1, Language: Italian 2, Language: Provencal/Catalan 5, Magic Lore 1, Magic Theory 3, Medicine 1, Mediterranean Lore 1, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Parma Magica 1, Penetration 1, Philosophiae 1, Profession: Sailing 1, Provencal Lore 2, Ride 1, Second Sight 1, Single Weapon 1, Stealth 2, Swim 1, Survival 1

Virtues: Flexible Magic; Alluring to Magic, Inoffensive to Animals, Puissant Creo*, Quiet Magic x 2, Second Sight, Subtle Magic

plus Strong-Willed or Self-Confident

Flaws: Driven (to prove own ideas), Favors (to Parens or Mentor, after Apprenticeship); Curiosity, Mentor, Warped Magic (roll of silence as enhanced Sigil), Weird Magic

Arts: Creo 2 (5 with Puissant Creo), Intellego 5, Muto 5, Perdo 5, Rego 5
Animal 0, Aquam 0, Auram 5, Corpus 1, Herbam 0, Ignem 1, Imaginem 0, Mentem 5, Terram 0, Vim 0

Spells: "Ring of Warding Against Beasts" (ReAn5), "Encase in Ice" (CrAq/Co15), "Circular Winds of Protection" (CrAu20), "True Sight of Air" (InAu15), "The Whispering Winds" (InAu15), "The Cleanly Body"** (PeCo5), "Disguise of the Transformed Image" (MuIm15), "Obliviousness of the Inattentive Sentry"** (Pe/ReMe20), "The Crystal Dart" (MuTe15)

**Denotes Original Spell

Vares has 6 more years of post-Gauntlet development (there is more ahead):

Initial ideas for the three years of Art training: bring Mentem up to 10 (40), Creo up to 7 (25; +3 from Puissant gives him effective Creo 10). Aquam 5 (15), Corpus 5 (15), Terram 5 (15), and Vim 4 (10). Total of 120 for three years of study.

Spells will obviously depend on his Arts.

Skill training in the next three year block would be: Parma Magica up to 3 (25), Single Weapon 3 (25), Artes Liberales 3 (25), Concentration and Finesse both up to 2 (20), Profession: Engineering 1 (5), Profession: Soldier 1 (5), Strategy 1 (5), Leadership 1 (5), and Art of Memory 1 (5).

Vares will be studying Alchemy under Fuego, with potential Mystery developments in Astrology and/or Spirit Magic.

what is Arcana?

I was apparently wrong about something earlier, namely medieval childbirth: I was just reading that, in Afghanistan, which is in the top ten for maternal mortality worldwide, there's one death in childbirth for every six live births (but that may be worse than a normal primitive agricultural society, since the country has been in disarray for some time).

Scott

Yeah, I think that the ratio also reflects the exceptional chaos going on right there. Plus, keep in mind, that most Afghanis are still nomadic, whereas medevial Europeans had fixed communities. However, modern Afghanistan has soap and understands germ theory, pluss access to suppies that, though primative by our standars, are far eyond the scope of what Mythic Europeans would have had. So, I wuld hazzard a guess and say that these factors roughly equal out. And, if I understand correctly, if you were going to be killed in childbirth, it was usually by the first child. Some women were just genetically predisposed to death in childbirth, whereas others were genetically better at this. I am one of those strange odd Christians that also believes in evolution (intelligent design). I would say it is obvious which of those two types of women most of us are decsended from. So, yeah, I am theorizing that natural selection in combination with advanced medicine is the reason why children and mothers are not dying left and right.