Table Talk (OOC)

I'm new to play by forum games, so where this scene is starting to run down (it seems), what do we do now?

Not sure if it's running down or if we are waiting for other people to manifest before going on. Maybe a bit of both. =P

To me the only important thing that I'd still like to discuss with the council (and that maybe we could discuss OOC) is if everyone agrees that travel expenses should be compensated by Tugurium (maybe up to a few pawns, eg., 5), because this changes Regulus itinerary a bit.

@Arthur, how did Augustus Nero and Regulus arrived at Tugurium? I was assuming portals + Cunfin, but... I was also assuming that there was a small retinue with Augustus, but is this true? If so, is this retinue going to return by foot?

Finally, perusing the library records of Confluensis would require how much time? I'm thinking that most of the season would be required (so saving 20 days of travel time makes some difference), but if you tell me that a couple of days would suffice... What I'm trying to avoid is to spend one season going, one season researching and one season returning.

I am running a plotline starting in autumn, is it possible for me to get a thread to start running it?

Do you have a name in mind for that story?

Regulus and Augustus arrived by foot, along with a few grogs and covenfolks that are to stay at the new covenant. He was planning on returning via magic.

They travelled over land directly from Confluensis to Tugurium, which is a journey of almost a month.

1 Like

Trouble with the Telsbergs?

1 Like

I'd like everyone to fill in at least their planned activities for Spring 1205 season in the Saga Calendar.

Just to be sure, I think there is a mismatch in the Saga Calendar years (the first post should be 1205, but it is 1204). We are currently in Spring 1205. The idea is to have the planned activities for 1205 or all seasons up to Spring 1206?

I made the corrections at the same time as I was typing my previous post. The calendar now starts with 1205.

1 Like

Ooof. This is why travel magic exists! :smiley:

Augustus tried to convey to Regulus that mundane land travel has its place in Hermetic life. Something about seeing how mundanes live, what is happening on the ground, rumours and tales, conditions of the normal people, etc. :wink:

Bah!

Augustus just shaked his head, acknowledging the lack of patience of youth.

Haha!

Travel magic is overrated. What we need is magic equipment for travel. Where are the carts without horses produced by the verditii? The giant iron snakes that gobble down people, cross the land in one night and regurgitate them safely at the end of the journey? =9

1 Like

Changing the tone a little:

Trouble with Telsbergs - I reckon we will have Clusius as a magus, and that's it as far as I can recall about the characters... Any companions to be introduced through this arc?

I think I will take a couple of grogs for this one (As long as no one breaches the code Regulus shouldn't have a reason to poke his nose into this, even if he has already returned from his trip =9).

It strikes me that the local court of a noble would be a good place for picking up companions, so if people would like a companion hanging around there, drop me a line and I will work them in.

Travel magic is overrated. What we need is magic equipment for travel. Where are the carts without horses produced by the verditii? The giant iron snakes that gobble down people, cross the land in one night and regurgitate them safely at the end of the journey? =9

Give me a year or two. I am already thinking about some sort of wooden flying contraption with an muim spell to make it look like a cloud when you are below it.

Probably some sort of ward against winds, to make it more comfortable too.

1 Like

I was thinking awhile back about having my companion be one of the Telsbergs. I don't mind if anyone else really wants to jump on it though.

That's cool. Tell me what sort of person and I will add them on to my suuuper nerdy spreadsheet of the family

1 Like

I'll DM you my thoughts on a character a bit later here, but that sounds good to me

You may have noticed that I have become less active (and less focused) over the last few weeks. I've lost a battle against my partner's hospitalisation yesterday. It is time for me to wake up and acknowledge that I do not have time to play this game anymore. I have to focus on what is left of my life - my kids mostly. I wish I could simply retreat into this fantasy world, but I can't.

I am very sorry for causing disruption.

Jesus, sorry to hear it. Real life > gaming. All the best, hope it all improves.