Table Talk (OOC)

I said in the thread that Marcus would ask everyone for help on casting the spell.

Wrong of me to assume everyone reads every post in every thread. Want to come along? We are still in the covenant and could be on our way to pick you up

My bad. I will post.

I didn't not read it on purpose, it just didn't tell me it was unread cause I wasn't in the thread, so I was unaware.

As I said, wrong of me to assume. Should have posted here too.

I'm all for the SG rolling whn the circumstances require it. It also saves a lot of time in the PbP format to have the SG roll for minor things instead of asking the players to do so.

Sorry for the delay in my side. My vacations are coming soon and I have a lot of balls in the air that need my attention.

That is the main reason why I set up the saga with so many beta SGs. Things can keep rolling even when I am absent for a time.

I will note that most vis sources shouldn't require a specialty spell to harvest them. It might not be as convenient to do, but it should be possible.

That said, Clusius would not object to such an item. But the covenant's stores in Rego and Vim are indeed limited at this time. Should be much better in a year or so.

1 Like

I think the sg rolling makes more sense too, if it helps.

1 Like

I would tend to say that there's no chapel on the covenant's grounds. Chastellion is close enough that those covenfolk who are devout can go there.

Cool, makes sense. It was a possible aspect of the weird folly construction so I thought I'd mention it.

Indeed. Some of the covenfolk may also have a conflictual relationship with Father Luc.

All that said, there may have been a small chapel or an altar at some point, somewhere within the covenant. It may just be that no one can find it anymore... :smiley:

As an aside, is that cave small enough to draw a circle around the outside for magic?

Not sure what you are thinking of. A circle surrounding the entrance, draw into the wall? I don't think this would be geometrically possible. Having the entire cave inside the circle is impossible without fitting an entire mountain.

But it could be targeted as a room with additional magnitudes for size.

I meant the opening, but I am going to pretend to myself I was not so stupid as to forget that target:room existed.

Target: Room? I never heard of it either. XD
The entrance is 26 meters wide and 7 meters high, approximately, and the cave is about 30 meters deep. I think T:Room + 1 for size should be barely enough with the cave narrowing as you go deeper.

I might be unable to reply for a couple of days, probably until wednesday.

Sorry for the delay. These days have been a bit hectic, I'm finishing my master thesis... well, trying to.
(Hey, a Bonisagus don't get House Acclaim without publishing a few tractatus, right?)

I'll strive to be a bit more present, but things should only "normalize" at the end of the month.

As an aside:

Wolfgang: I think it's better that I don't roast anyone.
Also Wolfgang: I'll blind them instead!

First I was astonished, then I laughed. XD

Giving @StephenFleetwood a chance to post before I do again.

Sorry for being mostly absent for the last few weeks. Dealing with several important things in real life. This may continue for a few more weeks, but I will be back.

Hopefully an angry mob won't have burnt the covenant down by the time you get back. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if that happens then the story will just turn to picking up the pieces. :rofl:

I'm also at fault, I should have mentioned you earlier. Thanks Plot_Device for doing that.

I second that! XD

@StephenFleetwood should we go ahead?

I think I am not cut out for play by post. With the extremely low tempo, I have lost my sense of my character and things seem to have got to the point where I don't know how to post and feel bad holding you all up.

I want to be clear this is no fault of you guys, but play by post and me don't seem to click in actual okay, where I seem to go through periods of anxiety about not knowing what to post.

Thanks everyone and sorry