Table Talk (OOC)

:kiss::ok_hand:

Edit: Now i found that for chefkiss i have those ones that are a better pair... well, im still learning into the forums after all xD
:kissing_heart::ok_hand:

@Gaxxian did you want to reply to my latest post or should I move on to the tour itself?

I've replied now :stuck_out_tongue: I went to dinner first ^^!

1 Like

@Red-Shadow-Claws everything alright?

Should I go ahead with Regulus comment about Alba's apple? Or Celeste will comment on the tour before that?

I will try to post today. busy week.

1 Like

Btw, Regulus didn't say anything about the apple at the end T__T

Also, this proposal is still on the table, but only Rafael added a like. What do the rest of you think about it?

Mostly fine with Alba finding some vis along the years, but what about spending some of that as well?

I'd rather not have the magi starting with too much vis. The saga will be generous enough with it that its not something you will have to worry about.

In what? Even with the extra vis i dont have enough to bind the familiar or prepare the talisman.
If you mean to buy things, i accept proposals, no problem :slight_smile:

Right now Alba has 1 Herbam and 3 Vim. With the extra she would have the normal/expected amount for the 4.5 years. Or 8 Herbam and 5 Vim.

3 vis pawns baseline per year x 4.5 years = 13.5
I don't think that starting with 13 pawns is "too much" :open_mouth:

It's not about being worried, but about i was VERY short in vis during the character creation, and i will not have any other weird magic item, book or similar either.
Same for the poor Celeste, she is even worse than Alba in that regard, thats why my proposal was extensive to her too (and in fact, if Celeste its not ok with it, then i wouldn't apply it to be fair with her maga too... it would be very weird that Alba got a lot more of vis than Celeste while traveling together xD).

Fine, fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was kinda expecting some proposals to buy things, now im sad T__T
xD

Almost missed it. In my mind she had offered the apple when they were departing to each one's sanctum. :sweat_smile:

All I can think at the moment is a ring to disguise Alba's faerie heritage (MuIm or MuCo). Going with standard Verditius prices that would be about 3 pawns I think?

You could make a lesser enchanted item that does that that is level 10 or below, but I doubt you'd be able to interest a Verditius in creating it. Or anyone else, for that matter, if all the payment one can expect is a paltry 2 pawns for spending a season making it.

You might get a very junior magus to make a level 11-20 enchantment (2 pawns), but even receiving 4 pawns for a season of work is quite low for most magi. Particularly a relatively niche enchantment where the lab text isn't that useful for making more in the future.

Things begin to get interesting at level 21. Earning 6 pawns or more for a season starts getting worthwhile for most young enchanters around that level.

Edit: In any case, I think she's more interested in having that raw vis available to bind a familiar and enchant her talisman.

I was indeed thinking about a level 10 lesser enchantment. But fair point, 2 pawns isn't really worth it for the magus enchanting.

But yeah, it's probably better to save the vis for binding Stella + enchant the bond, which seems likely to happen soon.

She offered the apple to you as a friendly reminder that you have the poor kid without any food for hours and that you should go to YOUR sanctum xD

I have already a spell that can do that for that same purpose :stuck_out_tongue:

That was the initial idea for sure, but if somebody has a good idea then i'm all ears :slight_smile:

Lab Texts can also be bought with Vis, or maybe a Casting Tablet for a large tree growing spell, one that can also serve as a future lab for Alba? I believe there is such a spell in the Grimoire.

Maybe she bought one of those animated wooden figures from Covenants, that help in the lab?

I have been too busy to reply to this. I like it, and will now have to figure out what I want to get for Celeste. I don't want to bring too much Vis with her, probably just a wee bit more than she needs to bind Lencor. Her Talisman is still a distance away, as the main part of it, will be a future adventure, or adventures. She wants to find the skull of someone that has led many men in battle as the main part of her Talisman. Hanibal would have been great, but his ignoble death might deter her, plus, it would mean going quite far to get it.

Not a bad idea, but i should think better which spells... the growing tree doesn't interest me because also comes with a size increase, and thats not interesting unless i have a really big big lab xD

Wouldn't be the cost of those too high? And then, where i carry the object? Its big! :open_mouth:

Also i though about books, but being honest, Alba would be more interested in some mundane topics for now... like gardening/horticulture, teaching or music... ^^! And those are not usually bough with Vis and just with money, and i feel like a little cheating buying those with silver when i didnt have any money count xD (if you let me, i could buy a few in exchange of vis, not too many books anyway to not bring too much weight, but maybe 2 of them).

Celeste have a really dark side xD

Yes, it's 8 pawns to make, so about 24 pawns to buy one. And you don't need to carry it. You could commission a Verditius to make it, and ask them to deliver it to your covenant. It's gonna take them time to create it.

But I see that Alba wouldn't have enough Vis for that particular item. I was away from my books to see the cost of it.

What? Her desire to have a Talisman that will allow her to summon an army of ghosts, because the general's skull will count as an AC to his former army wherever she is? What's dark about it?