Table Talk (OOC)

Yeah, comanding an army of angry specters using their leader's skull sounds family friendly enough xD

What kid wouldn't want an army of angry ghosts at his birthday party?!

1 Like

Just to let you know in advance that I will be away on vacation for the last 3 weeks of September. I probably won't have time to post during that period.

2 Likes

We could do an adventure between the rest of us meanwhile... maybe you will find Tugurium in flames when you return, but its a possibility :stuck_out_tongue:

In the answer of the actual story i've added some links about the labs to have all the info easily accesible :slight_smile: If somebody remembers something else, just add it too :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking we have just enough time to plan the various stories about securing a sponsor from each covenant for Tribunal. Each of you could run a short story for someone else about that. Then I'll run my vis story retroactively when I come back.

3 Likes

What's the idea? Just saw you updated the Notes and Claims with relations with each covenant.

Stories for the three we lack connections (Dankmar, Crintera, Roznov)?

What for the ones we have something? Perhaps a roll (intrigue/charm/bargain, whatever is appropriate), with EF defined by the strenght of the connection and the willingness/availability of the magus to travel to the place (I imagine convincing someone by letter would be harder then on person)? Or even a flat "if there's a connection you get their vote"?

On stories we were previously discussing:

@Gaxxian are you going to run that one about Dankmar? Both Regulus and Celeste have Mentem 21, so if we have them both going I think you'd be the best person to sit on the SG's seat. =9
Unless @Red-Shadow-Claws Itzhak wants to run it, then Regulus can go with Alba, or with a few grogs, or with an yet undefine companion?

I can tailor Blooming Alpine Weather to Alba and/or Celeste, and since they have already arrived, run it on 1205. It's really a matter of when the involved maga(s) want to engage with the story. Since the goal of the story is to secure a vote from the Ash Gild it could give us either Crintera or Roznov.

We would still be lacking a story to get the vote of the other covenant (Roznov or Crintera). Do anyone has an idea on what to run? Or, is someone's character suited for (or interested in) going to either of those covenants?

Essentially, whichever ones you'd like to run. Will the deal require doing something for the magus/maga providing sponsorship? The story could be about that. Does something happen during the trip there? That could be the core of the story and the deal with the sponsor is just a side note.

For example, Argos may be travelling with Regulus and get into trouble at some point during the trip (I'd be surprised if he didn't). This could be central to the story, an important part of the story, or just a little side show. That's pretty much up to the one who runs that story.

It could be a story involving one of the character's Story flaw, but I think it should probably be something else.

1 Like

Also, it doesn't really matter if the story happens about a visit to a covenant where finding a sponsor will be difficult or easy. Again, up to the one telling the story.

I could run a Story for Regulus, for Crintera. and you can run a Story for Alba to Roznov.

I think Celeste, with or without Regulus, can go to Dankmar.

Cool. I can think of a few reasons for Regulus to want to travel to Crintera and build rapport with them. Feel free to message me, or to post on my character creation topic, if you want to discuss anything. =]

@Gaxxian I suggested that you run the story about Dankmar, but if you don't like the idea I can prepare something and you get free to run a different story.

Nah, no problem, i already have some ideas that i have to finish cooking :smiley:
Although i remind you that, as i said when i came here, i've never been lucky enough to play in the correct setting of ArM5 (my game group always did their own weird versions).
So i'll prepare it well, but if you see that there's something that doesn't fit the setting, let me know :slight_smile: (and if it's something intended, i'll let you know :stuck_out_tongue:).
That being said, the Black Forest is an inhospitable place, so be well prepared before you go... because not everyone who goes there may come back later... :innocent:

What is a setting, if not something to be broken? XD

Don't worry, I'll bring my disposable grogs then (unless you provide us a challenge so high that it is better for Regulus to accompany Celeste).

It seems we are almost done with the Late Arrivals arc? Alba still needs to answer Clusius regarding her lab, but after that I don't think we still have much left (unless Arthur has further plans)?

1 Like

Visit of the labs, then a discussion about the visit to the sponsors. And preliminary discussions about the vis source story.

Which in-character will happen before the magi go out on the stories for the sponsors, but out-of-character after I come back from my vacation. We may end up running them at least partially in parallel, unless you conclude your stories before I come back.

2 Likes

These stories might be a good 'excuse' to introduce characters that could be grogs and companions.

2 Likes

Do we have any Companions? Other than Julius.

I had upgraded Argos from grog to companion, but tbh I'm still unsure about that. I'm thinking about dialing back and changing an NPC I've designed for the Telsberg family to my companion.

Shouldn't each companion be for the Magus of a different player? Or do we design a companion for our Magus, and someone else gets to play them?

Oh, Argos is not supposed to be played together with Regulus (albeit Regulus could surely get some benefit from him).

Sorry, my internet died yesterday after my message here and i went to sleep without posting anything ^^! And today I've been at 38 degrees (Celsius) from a tremendous heat wave, and I've been half-dead all day T__T
Let me a moment to post :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes