Table talk: OOC

In the last season Mariella studied the Book on Parma magica leaving her 1 Xp short of Parma Magica of 3

Salvete, Sodales!

Just some technicalities:

• Well, I'll put a copy of the character sheet with some last corrections into the correct folder. If I made any mistakes, I can correct them there as well.

• Next, I am afraid that I will add a small complication for the GMs into the saga. If Petrulus is to go on missions and has time to prepare, he will most likely that he will make use of chartae with moon or season durations in order to prepare himself. Especially as the later version's duration might be shorter than the story and is highly dependent on the exact time of the casting I will from time to time need the exact date of an event, the duration of a voyage and such stuff. Sorry for the inconvenience, but to make things a bit easier, I found calendars of the 1220s including moon phases, equinoxes and solistices on another saga's homepage:
    http://www.quantal.demon.co.uk/saga/ooc/calendar.html

Vale,
Alexios ex Miscellanea

Once you fell comfortable you could colse up on the council meeting and start writing in the new threads. I make on for the ghost of Kolberg and a second at the covenant.

Uh, Tatiana does not speak low german, will that be a problem. She is fluent in Slavic (polish) but doesn't have low german yet.

That makes 2 of us

We do have a Grog
see his story and the source of the rage spirits https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/chapter-4-a-walk-in-the-woods/2552/1
Wilhelm , Grog
Int -1 , Per 0, Pre +1 Com -1, Str +1, Sta +3, Dx +1, Qk 0
Size +1
Age 19
V+F Covenfolk,Large , Tougth, Warrior, Weakness(Braggart and storyteller), Motion Sickness, Lecherous (Minor)

Area Lore(Wenches) 2, Athletics 1(Running), Awareness 2 (Combat), Profession Storyteller (Tall stories) 2, Bows (Shortbow) 1, Brawl (Grappling) 3, Charm (Ladies) 3, Carouse (drinking) 3, Folk Ken (wenches) 1, Great wepon (Pole Axe) 3, Low German (tale telling) 5, Guile (Lying to wenches ) 1, Music (drinking songs) 1, Single weapon (Heater shield) 5, Survival (woods) 1, Thrown weapon (Axw) 2, Intrigue(rumormongng) 2 , Bargain (wenches) 1
Partial Metal scale armour soak +10

Weapon init atk def dmg
Pole Axe +1 +10 +4 +12
Longsword +2 +10 +6 +7
Hatchet 0 +9 +5 +5
Heater shield 0 +7 +9 +1
Dodge 0 +3
Punch 0 4 +3 +1
Thrown axe 0 +5 3 +7
Shortbow -1 +6 2 +7

A big tought bloke and a bit of a ladies man, prone to boasting and telling overtop stores none the less popular with the menfolk of the village and some of the women folk.
Unhappy about being chosen to accompany Mariella into the woods as she is creepy

Any other preparations or are you good to go? If so make a post for each character that goes on the journey in the Kolberg thread. So that I get a firm idea on how the party looks and what it contains.

Salvete, Sodales!

I will be absent until Sunday evenenig (MET). I hope that some other magi and some companions/grogs will be ready to set of to Kolberg when I am back. Or do you all lack time? Then we should perhaps wait for a week or so.

Vale,
Alexios ex Miscellanea

What is Tatiana up to? Write what she does and where she is so she can be a part of a story.

My computer is heading towards failure , and as a result I may suddenly have trouble posting for a while

Salvete, Sodales!

That's bad news, let's hope that the repair will neither be too expansive nor take too long. Still, I'll answer your last post in the 'Ghost'-thread anyway. Perhaps we shall just go on and in case we don't hear from you in situations, in which we would expect an answer, we shall freeze the storyline and wait until you are back.

Btw, has anybody heard something from ladyphoenix? And what has happend to all those other mages of the covenant and their players (Ardath/the Fixer, Krispin/Falls, Regius/Ocatvian, Milo Ferox/Bruce Sefton)? Not that I complain about having found a vacancy, but I couldn't find a note that they quit. Did they PM it to you Max, or didn't they just show up any longer in the forum?

Vale,
Alexios ex Miscelanea

Lady P, Octavian, and Fixer have been absent from my game as well, and Fixer is MIA over in Novus Mane.
I think it is late summer slow down. The situation was similar last year. Things will prolly pick up in September.

I have not heard from anyone... I hope they show up.

Salvete, Sodales!

As long as the storyline is crawling along so slowly we should perhaps rethink some assumptions made about the covenant site - or take the consequences into account:

This description leads to 2 interrelated problems both concerning the fact that the village should have a Dominion Aura unless Father Gerald is even more incompetent than he seems to be or is even an impostor.
First, the minor one: If we keep the village within the Aegis, we have to deal with the fact that we don't get the bonus of the Magic Aura, but probably have to use the worst malus, which is probably the church. This should after a year of constant worship have a Divine Aura of 4, resulting in an Aura modifier of -12 and 4 additional botch dice fore the ritual (8 if it is cast from a tablet). Beyond that, I seriously doubt that including the village would result in a standard boundary size (~an area 100 paces in diameter), so that we would need a spell of higher magnitude due to size increase - if such spells are even possible. Well, all this could be easily solved. The Aegis ends at our covenant's wall, and that's it. This would also have the advantage that the events from '...and lost souls' could have happened as described.
So, let's turn to the greater problem: We are in constant danger of loosing our magical aura. If a priest performs his Dominion rites (e.g. standard procedure of sanctifying a church) the place of worship at once gets a Dominion Aura of 3, which usually increases to 4 within a year and possibly to 5 within a decade (unlikely with a priest like Father Gerald). The surrounding living areas get a aura of 3, unless they are specifically sinful (even if there is no infernal plot, the gambling house has probably just 1 or 2). Ok, given the heathen part among our sodales and the neccessary participation of all of us in old heathen rites (like the Aegis ritual) and the repeated breeches of biblical restrictions to magic by the Christians among us we probably qualify, so the Divine Aura might be one or two lower, but should it ever increase to 3 there, the Divine trumps the Magical realm and our magi have their labs in a hostile aura. This might even endanger the vis source. Is it really likely that you risked such an development, especially as the complete settlement is new? Of course, this immanent danger could be a challenge, especially if the magi are aware of it: "Hopefully that godless heathen doesn't move away, I'd hate to be forced to sins myself" (a line of thought which is probably sinfull in itself); "Lets burn some vis in various rituals and hope for an aura boost"; "Oh damn, a freaky fire has burned down the church. We should rebuild it in a place where it is secure from such strange magical accidents, perhaps one or two miles away"; "Let's prepare for the worst. Sodales, has anybody found other suitable magical sides in the forests around or can we move in with the werewolves?"; " We should convince a strong dragon to have his lair in the covenant to boost the aura." Hm, I didn't have these thoughts when starting this post, but now I even see story potential in the situation. Of course, it is another question if we want to run stories on this.

Vale,
Alexios ex Miscellanea

Your divine aura's are much higher than mine! (or RAW)
The church may have an aura as HIGH as 4 within the church building given the nature of the priest I would call it a 3 , so during the day the church has an aura of 3 divine at night the MagicAL Aura takes precedence. THe village would have an aura of 1 or 2 at the most , I would lean towards 1 given the probability that some of the villagers are pagan this is completely overwhelmed by the magical aura of the covenant. You do not get a divine aura as ahigh as 4 outside of sacred grounds , even a city only has an aura of 3. If our village has an aura of 4 then someone has slipped a monastery into it without our noticing and all the villages are members of holy orders. The idea of a divine aura of 5 would indicate we had moved our covenant to a cathedral !
So my opinion the majority of the village is within the Aegis and has no divine aura , outside of the church building and the magical aura is in no danger.

I see no need to worry about a divine aura at all.

It turns out I don;t have a faulty computer I have a faulty plug , Fortunatly I worked this out before buying a new computer

Hi!
Back, at least as I can.
Long summer vacations, changed jobs... You know the stuff :unamused:

Well, this is the kind of grogs ardath wanted, and she trained them for this: To not be afraid of magic and being able to take on strange foes. She's proud of their behaviour! :smiley:

Don't forget that anyone could come and claim to be the next covenant member :wink: You could even have been a demon or faerie in disguise :wink: From their POW, they asked you to keep cool and wait for the other members, and you fled! Add the gift to this, and I'm sure they mistake you from an imperonificator! :wink:

But please, keep Katja!

Yeees! :laughing: :smiling_imp:

Welcome back Ardath/Fixer. I feared that you where lost in the warp or suffering from twilight.

Hello, back again!

Nice to see that you have not quit for good. Let's hope you are just the first of some returns and this board gets a bit more lively again. Probably I will spend slightly less time here then the last weeks - summer holidays are over, and I have classes to prepare.

BUt now,
time to play

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome, alexios :smiley:

I was. I still have sequels from it, but, as ever, I'm trying to be faithful to the game, difficult though it may be.