Table talk: OOC

Bernhard might be able to help if its appropriate to bring him along. If this a strictly member only thing, I can sit back. Hope not though.

As far as I am concerned you are involved in the discussions as your character has been accepted as a provisional member of the covenant

Same thing fer me. Besides, it would make no sense to deprive us of your additionnal strength.

Hello gang

Between the 3rd of July and 12th of July will I be travelling to the strange realm of Cheltenham in the Stonehenge tribunal. During that visit I will have problem with writing anything so happy hunting until then.

/Max

Okay, thanks!

Although it seems you won't miss much :laughing: :confused:

While strolling over the topics in the main and the discussion for lab assistants, I recalled that Clara is now, technically, Wirth's familiar.
And that familiars can help in the lab, as an exception to the normal rules. Yes, I had forgotten this :blush:

Things is, I had Clara learn some MT for background reasons, to discuss with her husband. This was not supposed to be usefull in-game, as, frankly, I expected that story seed to be never taken up by anyone, and even then, didn't realize its possible implications.

But now, I ask the question: Can clara, as a (kinda) familiar, help wirth in the lab? This is not important, I can't even decide myself on this, but this is a question that needs to be asked (Oh, for the record, she's got Int 01, and MT 01 specialized in... Creo???? :laughing: )

I See no reason why she cannot, it is not a huge adantage , it cost you a season and a fair bit of hassle ad you may have problems with a regular familiar if you tried for one so no reason why she cannot assist (unless other people object)

Well, it was my understanding that you can only have one familiar at a time, so, if Wirth has Clara as a "familiar", he can't have a regular one asides.

Now that I think of it, this brings up all kind of questions. If she's his "familiar":

• Are we ACs to each other (I'd say yes, even without that, True Love and all)
  • Can the bond be enchanted like a normal bond?
  • What of the cords?

Your wife is bound as a Familiar :smiley:
Awesome! If only all husband could tame their spouses so!

Well, wirth certainly doesn't see Clara as tamed :laughing: In fact, he privately refers often to her for advice.

Glad to know you're still around :smiley:

Thinking about this, I have my notes from when I used it in a 4th ed game so my provisional answers are
Yes. You are AC's to each other
Yes the Bond can be enchanted.
I am not sure about cords given that the enchantment was originally created by someone else I do not think there should be any cords yet, but I see no reason why they could not be establsished. The arts would have to be corpus and probably creo or intellego

Yes, I may be wrong, but don't the cords require a season to establish anyway?

I'd say Creo, just because it fits clara better, and is just the opposite from Wirth. This sucks :laughing: But I can't see her with Muto, probably not Rego, and absolutely not Perdo.

What do the others think about it?

Yeah, but since you are the magus, you are the one who gets to decide what enchantments go into the bond, so you can instill an effect to make her shut her trap whenever she talks back :laughing:

(so says the 40 year old bachelor!)

Bad, bad marko :laughing:

Sorry. Busy week. Had job interviews so that took my time. We'll be back on track this week.

How many soldiers do we think the covenant has ? and how skilled are they , my impression is that we had very few and they where not particularly good. Slightly better odds at finding pirates but they are not going to be very loyal or reliable

That is a fair assumption and I think a correct one. Building mundane strength is not something Aelianus has prioritized. So we can assume that they are somewhat loyal and perhaps know what end of a spear you should point at the enemy. :smiley:

sorry for going MIA. I was in the process of changing jobs ( resumes, interviewing, ect) and then took some vacation.

No problem life happends sometimes. Hope we have you back for some time now. :slight_smile:

Yup.
Good luck in your endeavours!